Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Contests

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
[Once]

2018/10/31 Uncover The Secret - 3M Science PUR ONLY (can send email and get code via mail)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2018 10:16 pm
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
7918 posts
55317 upvotes
Toronto, ON

2018/10/31 Uncover The Secret - 3M Science PUR ONLY (can send email and get code via mail)

http://capromos.3m.com/UncoverTheSecret/index.html

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. There are two (2) ways to obtain a PIN Code, as follows:
Eligible Purchase: If you visit a participating retailer and purchase a specially-marked package of Scotch® Super 33+™ Vinyl Electrical Tape, Scotch® Super 88 Vinyl Electrical Tape, Scotch® Vinyl Electrical Tape 35 (Blue, Green, Red, Yellow, or White), or 3M Performance Plus™ Wire Connector Pouches or Jugs, (while supplies last) (each, an “Eligible Product”) between May 1, 2018 at 12:00 a.m. ET and October 31, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Purchase Period”) (collectively, an “Eligible Purchase”), you will receive one (1) PIN Code, while supplies last
OR
No Purchase Request: To receive a PIN Code (while supplies last) without having to make an Eligible Purchase send an email to uncoverthesecret@mmm.com during the Purchase Period that includes your first name, last name, telephone number, complete mailing address, email address and a 50 word or more unique and original essay on the advantages of using high-quality electrical products (collectively, a “No Purchase Request”). If your No Purchase Request is submitted and received in accordance with these Rules (as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion), one (1) PIN Code will be mailed to you through Canada Post (while supplies last, 40 NO Purchase PIN Codes available). The Released Parties (as defined below) take no responsibility for any lost, stolen, delayed, illegible, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed No Purchase Requests. NO MORE NPE REQUESTS LEFT.

I didn't play this one, than I read the rules and it turns out there's a NPE option. Should keep it to myself, but sharing is better. Good luck all.

*Setting reminder to play more dailies*

For some reason, I can't scroll their rules so if you want to list out the prizes, cool.

I just wrote a while ago and got the pin code in the mail. No win, but for a non-mailed, mailer delivery. Good on them for still sending because the 40 was kinda ridiculous.
Last edited by stinastr on Oct 19th, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
16 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6239 posts
4340 upvotes
Victoria
while supplies last, 40 NO Purchase PIN Codes available

Thanks. I sent off an email; not sure how many codes are left since it started in May.

Grand Prize:
One (1) prize consisting of a $10,000 CAD 3M Visa® Prepaid Card

Instant Win:
50 – 3M™ Electrical Products Gift Packs (ARV $100)
100 – 3M™ Electrical Products Gift Packs (ARV $50)
200 – 3M™ Electrical Products Gift Packs (ARV $25)
250 – 3M Branded T-shirts (ARV $15)
1600 – Rolls of Scotch® Super88 Tape (ARV $10)
1800 – Rolls of Scotch® Super 33+™ Tape (ARV $8)
2000 – Bags of 3M Performance Plus™ Wire Connectors (ARV $10)
Jan 28, 2018
283 posts
217 upvotes
FYI NPE limit has been reached. There are no more NPE codes to give out.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2006
1341 posts
7237 upvotes
Outside Poker Flat
while supplies last, 40 NO Purchase PIN Codes available
MrManager wrote: FYI NPE limit has been reached. There are no more NPE codes to give out.
Today is June 18, contest ends October 31. Wow, this sure is a new twist.
Contest entry confirmation emails titled "Congratulations" are all the proof you need that you are doing business with companies that are either deceptive, or condescending, or both!
Nov 24, 2009
602 posts
941 upvotes
since there's no more NPE codes left, what is the cheapest way to enter now?
Banned
Jan 12, 2015
4107 posts
27311 upvotes
Despite receiving an email that no more PINs were available from my NPE request, I received one in the mail today.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6239 posts
4340 upvotes
Victoria
Same as BK2006, I got my pin today as well.
Feb 14, 2012
633 posts
2358 upvotes
they sell these at Home Depot but I wasn't able to find any with pins at 2 different stores in BC
Penalty Box
Feb 11, 2015
7918 posts
55317 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Fuzzie1 wrote: they sell these at Home Depot but I wasn't able to find any with pins at 2 different stores in BC
I sent a npe request when I was entering and they mailed one. Mentioned others getting theres and its obviously past 40. They were nice.
Feb 14, 2012
633 posts
2358 upvotes
stinastr wrote: I sent a npe request when I was entering and they mailed one. Mentioned others getting theres and its obviously past 40. They were nice.
i decided to put in an npe request today, thanks!
Feb 14, 2012
633 posts
2358 upvotes
glad i emailed them for a PIN, they emailed me this today so I should get my pin in the mail by the end date! thanks for posting that you received pins!

"Thank you for your no-purchase entry request. Your PIN will be mailed to the address provided.
Merci pour votre demande de participation sans achat. Votre code NIP sera envoyé à l’adresse donnée."