Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Contests

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
[Daily]

2018/12/31 Starbucks for life, ALL Canada, AOM

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2019 10:25 am
Mar 11, 2009
134 posts
89 upvotes
WarranL16478 wrote: I just won SB for a year!! I am soooo stoked! A Starbies junkie for over 15 years, so from AB, I send all y’all a big . . . YAHOO!! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Congratulations! I haven't won a single thing which is pretty disappointing.
Sep 2, 2011
551 posts
180 upvotes
Ottawa
kiwi1962 wrote: Congratulations! I haven't won a single thing which is pretty disappointing.
In the same boat Kiwi! We still have some time left!! Good Luck!
Nov 21, 2018
138 posts
82 upvotes
goaliegirl6060 wrote: In the same boat Kiwi! We still have some time left!! Good Luck!
I like my coffee probably too much but I've not won anything either. I've noticed with the summer game and this one that it seems to, for myself anyhow, manage to get two of every set and then begin to get extra plays. I've had five extra plays and since every extra play is 3 plays getting nothing, that's very disappointing. You'd think we'd win a coffee or something. Super cool that the one person won that starbucks for a year though.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1972 posts
1950 upvotes
Toronto
Don't buy coffee thinking you are going to win. That's what they want you to believe. At first you'll start getting all of stamps to the point where you are only one stamp away from winning most of the prices if not all. Then you'll start getting duplicate stamps. With 3 duplicates stamps you get a free play. Surely you are going win something with that free play right?? because you are only 1 stamp away from each of the puzzle, right? lol a whole new price category opens up which requires 3 stamps. I know winning contests/prices are very very hard but this Starbucksforlife promo is impossible.
Multi Millionaire in Points
Banned
Dec 12, 2018
10 posts
1 upvote
richmond
Thanks
Auto-youth, car accessory brand. good quality & reasonable price
Banned
Jan 12, 2015
4107 posts
27311 upvotes
FoMoHotDeals wrote: Don't buy coffee thinking you are going to win. That's what they want you to believe. At first you'll start getting all of stamps to the point where you are only one stamp away from winning most of the prices if not all. Then you'll start getting duplicate stamps. With 3 duplicates stamps you get a free play. Surely you are going win something with that free play right?? because you are only 1 stamp away from each of the puzzle, right? lol a whole new price category opens up which requires 3 stamps. I know winning contests/prices are very very hard but this Starbucksforlife promo is impossible.
Every Starbucks Contest to date has had the same odds. Read the rules to check the odds.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1972 posts
1950 upvotes
Toronto
BK2006 wrote: Every Starbucks Contest to date has had the same odds. Read the rules to check the odds.
Sure i'll give you that but the game is tricking unsuspecting customers into spending more. It's gives customers false hope and it's designed for customers to spend more.
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2002
13524 posts
4710 upvotes
Tri-Cities (BC)
i won the 250 starts this morning then 50 stars right after back to back in 5 free plays
our family of four has now won a combined of 1220 stars
goaliegirl6060 wrote: Finally my first win - 10 stars... NOT
I went to fill out the form and I guess I got the mathematical question wrong - so I e-mailed them...
anyone else ever have this issue...
it was a ridiculous question! started with 125 x 400...wtf starbucks!
Hoping they will give me them anyways!
the answer is always 1000 since day one they had this game
first time it auto added the "," in the thousand on the android phone and it says the answer is wrong, after i emailed them, they gave me $10 credit on the card instead
FoMoHotDeals wrote: Sure i'll give you that but the game is tricking unsuspecting customers into spending more. It's gives customers false hope and it's designed for customers to spend more.
but the ppl don't read the fine print, it does say "**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase of any kind will not increase your chances of winning. To enter without making a purchase, click here."
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1972 posts
1950 upvotes
Toronto
BestOffer wrote: i won the 250 starts this morning then 50 stars right after back to back in 5 free plays
our family of four has now won a combined of 1220 stars

the answer is always 1000 since day one they had this game
first time it auto added the "," in the thousand on the android phone and it says the answer is wrong, after i emailed them, they gave me $10 credit on the card instead

but the ppl don't read the fine print, it does say "**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase of any kind will not increase your chances of winning. To enter without making a purchase, click here."
Most people don't read the fine prints or bother with free plays. Definitely Starbucks is racking in $$$$ with this promo. Anyways I'm one stamp away from my 6th free play and so far I've won 20 stars..lol
Jan 11, 2017
151 posts
231 upvotes
wtg to all those who've won more then just stars lol, (50 so far for me)
glad to see the winners though
winner from CasuGuru (toilet) and RockstarEnergy (PS4) , 7-11 Xbox one X
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1972 posts
1950 upvotes
Toronto
hmmmm..wondering if anyone in here was influenced by this game/promo to buy coffee/snacks to get free plays. I only bought a total of 4 drinks during this promo and only because I had really good deals in my SB app.
Jul 23, 2015
897 posts
650 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
FoMoHotDeals wrote: hmmmm..wondering if anyone in here was influenced by this game/promo to buy coffee/snacks to get free plays. I only bought a total of 4 drinks during this promo and only because I had really good deals in my SB app.
I have been going less lately. Also I noticed I didn't get credit/plays for any purchases during the contest ...which I'm guessing is because I did 2 free plays most nights around 1-3am PST. Unless I win tonight....I end with 600 stars and one coupon.
My Starbucks buddy got 400 stars.
Not too shabby
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2002
13524 posts
4710 upvotes
Tri-Cities (BC)
FoMoHotDeals wrote: Most people don't read the fine prints or bother with free plays. Definitely Starbucks is racking in $$$$ with this promo. Anyways I'm one stamp away from my 6th free play and so far I've won 20 stars..lol
wouldn't other places like MCD rake in more $ because there aren't free plays?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1972 posts
1950 upvotes
Toronto
Nibbler2012 wrote: I have been going less lately. Also I noticed I didn't get credit/plays for any purchases during the contest ...which I'm guessing is because I did 2 free plays most nights around 1-3am PST. Unless I win tonight....I end with 600 stars and one coupon.
My Starbucks buddy got 400 stars.
Not too shabby
mine was 95% free play, so maybe that's why I only won 20 stars. The 20 stars I won were with plays I got for coffee drinks I bought.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1972 posts
1950 upvotes
Toronto
BestOffer wrote: wouldn't other places like MCD rake in more $ because there aren't free plays?
As far as I know all contests in Canada require 'No purchases necessary rule"
free plays = duplicates so they all are pretty much the same thing.
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2002
13524 posts
4710 upvotes
Tri-Cities (BC)
FoMoHotDeals wrote: As far as I know all contests in Canada require 'No purchases necessary rule"
free plays = duplicates so they all are pretty much the same thing.
i think MCD does too but you are required to mail something in...
Mar 23, 2017
242 posts
397 upvotes
Quebec
Played for 4/5 weeks, 100+ free plays. Grand total of 30 stars. Not sure if I'll waste my time on this again
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1972 posts
1950 upvotes
Toronto
dogechow wrote: Played for 4/5 weeks, 100+ free plays. Grand total of 30 stars. Not sure if I'll waste my time on this again
Me too, pretty much same as you. I won 20 stars, but those came from 2 plays bought with coffee. The game is definitely rigged and people who won lots of stars or prices must have bought at least few drinks per week. The fact that the game starts of with giving you all the pieces you need first, and then the duplicates starts pouring in says a lot to me.
Feb 9, 2017
239 posts
130 upvotes
Ontario’s West Coast
It was a fun contest! I won 150 stars White Medium Star

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)