• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2018 4:23 am
Tags:
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10932 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I think the guy already had brain damage before being hit.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10932 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Man, what a waste of time it was watching the WPG at MTL game. Someone should put Drew Willy out of his misery, and one of the other teams should donate MTL a decent starting QB. 111 yards passing? People have gotten that on one play :D .
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
525 posts
248 upvotes
Winnipeg
Drew Willy is the kind of guy who'd probably be a competent backup somewhere, but he's been thrust into starting jobs on grossly inferior teams with second rate o-lines, sub-par receivers and RBs, etc. He's in a position where it's impossible for him to succeed and that's a cruel fate for him.

But how about that Chris Streveler? :)
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10932 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Oops, for some reason, I was thinking that the CFL field was 120 yards. Maybe I got mixed up with the longest missed FG return or INT return.

Another stinker today. TOR stats after one quarter was 5 yards of offence :D .

Yeah, WPG rookie QB is doing well. Time will tell if he's another Ricky Ray.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
525 posts
248 upvotes
Winnipeg
Kind of weird, but now Terrell Owens wants to come out of retirement in the CFL. It's a fun idea but seriously, why would the Eskimos even want a guy who has been out of football for nearly a decade and decides partway through the season that he wants to join the team?
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10932 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I haven't seen the story, but it sounds more like something the Argos would do. Speaking of Argos, I'm in Vancouver, and the other day, I saw a big Argos banner hanging from the balcony of someone's condo.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
525 posts
248 upvotes
Winnipeg
^ Compared to the fanbases of the other Toronto teams, the Argos are pretty much the anti-bandwagon team, so that person must have been a true, hardcore Torontonian! Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10932 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Finally saw the second half of the WPG vs BC game from last week. Man, O'Shea is arrogant. 3rd and about a foot, midway in the 4th, ahead by only one score (17-10), and they try an off-tackle run. I have no problem with going for it, but take the sure thing in a QB sneak.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
525 posts
248 upvotes
Winnipeg
rabbit wrote:
Jul 20th, 2018 4:09 am
Finally saw the second half of the WPG vs BC game from last week. Man, O'Shea is arrogant. 3rd and about a foot, midway in the 4th, ahead by only one score (17-10), and they try an off-tackle run. I have no problem with going for it, but take the sure thing in a QB sneak.
Hard to argue. O'Shea is a fifth year HC still making head scratcher decisions like he's a rookie. I get the idea of 'playing to win' but at some point you have to call a conservative play (QB sneak, FG attempt instead of going for it, etc.) and lock up the points.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10932 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
What can you do when you need a QB? At least they got two O-linemen with him. I hope Manziel does well, since it would be good for the league. MTL can still be losers, as long as they score lots of points :D .
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
525 posts
248 upvotes
Winnipeg
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 12:37 am
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cfl/ ... -1.4757345

Manziel traded! Seems like a lot to give up for a QB that could be a bust.
You're right. The move reeks of desperation but I guess the Als are nothing if not desperate. Hamilton made out like bandits, but the way Masoli has been playing lately they've been able to negotiate from a position of strength.

The only surprise to me here is that Manziel is staying in the east division. I thought Hamilton would resist a deal with MTL and send him west instead, maybe to BC. I guess Wally Buono was harder to fleece than Kavis Reed/Joe Mack, though ;)
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10932 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Good move by the Als to get Bowman for virtually nothing.

BC don't need another QB. Lulay can't be snakebitten that many times. Besides, I think Jennings just needs to be eased back into a starter's role. I think Wally should plan to get him into a few series, as the season progresses.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
525 posts
248 upvotes
Winnipeg
Bowman was a salary dump by the Bombers, I think he was earning something like 140K but had almost no production. Not necessarily his fault given that Winnipeg is pretty loaded with receivers and has a relatively run-heavy attack anyway. For whatever reason it just didn't work out for him.

Will be interesting to see what becomes of Jennings in the long term. He is kind of on the bubble. Will he bounce back and follow the Masoli path or kind of fizzle out like Drew Willy?
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
10665 posts
1322 upvotes
This is a bad reason to watch the CFL, but Manziel starting his first game this Friday and against the Ticats no less!