• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2018 4:23 am
Tags:
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10927 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
On one hand, I want to see Manziel succeed because it will mean more viewers, but on the other hand, if he owns the league, morons will just say how poor the talent is in the CFL. Mind you, they will say that no matter what, so let's go Manziel! :D
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10927 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Well, that was a dud of a game. What was it, 28-0 before the first quarter was over? Was fun watching Manziel run around, but I stopped watching before the half was even over.

Oh man, I stopped watching the Argos game the previous day, too, since I thought there was no point. Maybe I will catch a repeat, if TSN2 shows it again next week.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2005
4837 posts
592 upvotes
LOL at TSN idiots building up the hype of Manziel. They fell flat on their faces, even worse than Manziel himself.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
524 posts
248 upvotes
Winnipeg
You kind of have to feel sorry for Manziel. Going from Ticats backup to starting for the worst team in the league, getting blown out, and now sitting out games after a concussion due to a porous o-line. Whether you love or hate him, you have to admit he's had a rough ride.

And speaking of rough riders, how about Saskatchewan's performance yesterday? I don't get how the only team to lose to Montreal can go out and be the only team to beat Calgary.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
1872 posts
627 upvotes
Canada
rabbit wrote:
Jul 20th, 2018 4:09 am
Finally saw the second half of the WPG vs BC game from last week. Man, O'Shea is arrogant. 3rd and about a foot, midway in the 4th, ahead by only one score (17-10), and they try an off-tackle run. I have no problem with going for it, but take the sure thing in a QB sneak.
Lapo calls those plays, not O'Shea.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10927 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
56kbps wrote:
Aug 20th, 2018 11:13 am
And speaking of rough riders, how about Saskatchewan's performance yesterday? I don't get how the only team to lose to Montreal can go out and be the only team to beat Calgary.
Collaros was out already, then Bridge got injured. Not easy to win when you're on QB option #3.

I don't know what MTL is doing with their QB carousel.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
524 posts
248 upvotes
Winnipeg
welp

After losing 4 straight, it looks like the season is quickly fading away for the Bombers. It's amazing how fast they went from heavyweight contender to punching bag.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10927 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Don't give up hope. BC's pretty lousy too. Well, inconsistent would be more apt, I guess. If BC's defence can play at 100% all the time, then they will make the playoffs.

In the meantime, I'm realistically hoping for Edmonton to win the Grey Cup, but as long as it's not Calgary.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10927 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I guess we'll be seeing Manziel next week. If I were the coach, I would have put him in tonight's game. The other guy wasn't moving the ball at all.

Decent job by Jennings. Need more TDs, but BC owned the ball in the second half. These last two games should give the guy some confidence.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
524 posts
248 upvotes
Winnipeg
Weird situation in Montreal. Manziel is already starting to pout publicly, although to be fair the season probably couldn't have gone much worse for him. I doubt this is anything remotely what he expected when he signed with the Ticats earlier this season.

And I guess with a few games under his belt, defences now have some film to watch of Pipkin and have figured him out accordingly. It's kind of like the Rakeem Cato scenario all over again.

Anyway, great week to be a Bomber fan. Bye week means no 'L'!!
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10927 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I thought Manziel looked okay the other night. Not great, but for a QB's third game, or whatever it is, he looked pretty good. You can't totally fault him for the late INT, since they were two scores down with not much left on the clock. Got to force the ball in that situation.

Tough loss for the Argos. I thought they would squeek out a win, but the bad guys won.

I'm speechless in regards to the Lions game. Won't say anymore. If you didn't watch it, catch the repeat. If you don't want to invest too much time, start from the second half or even the fourth quarter.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
524 posts
248 upvotes
Winnipeg
Ha. I went to bed at halftime but I read about the zany ending to the Lions game. I might just have to go back and watch the highlight package on the CFL website :)

Much relief in Winnipeg now that the Bombers have won their first game in over a month, but the schedule gets much much harder now. Realistic best case scenario at this point is a crossover spot. Sigh. :(
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10927 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
No way, BC is going to take the crossover spot :D .

How key was them signing Lemon? That one piece balanced out the rest of the defence.

I don't know if it's me, being a long time Lions fan, but the kickers in the league seems to have improved. I remember the only time teams would go for 50-yard FGs is when they absolutely had to. Now, I think half the teams have guys who can make them on a regular basis. Again, this is coming from a guy who is used to an aging Lui Passaglia and an aging Paul McCallum.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
524 posts
248 upvotes
Winnipeg
rabbit wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 2:03 am
No way, BC is going to take the crossover spot :D
Looks like our teams went in very different directions this weekend ;)

I'm not sure what the hell happened with the Bombers this weekend, they looked like Popeye after downing a can of spinach vs. Edmonton. The defence was unstoppable. I don't know where that's been all season but I would love some more of it.

If the Bombers are going to go anywhere though, they're going to need a little more production from Nichols & Co. It's nice that they managed to minimize the turnovers but at some point you need to put some drives together. Even Harris was barely noticeable, which is odd because Edmonton is not that great a team defensively.