• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2018 4:23 am
Tags:
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10932 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Yeah, BC sucked the big one. I didn't watch the game, so I can't really comment on the play, but I wouldn't be surprised if a big part was because Hamilton's coaches made adjustments from their previous week's game and BC's didn't.

Pretty tight for the last two playoff spots in the West :o .

SSK is the real surprise for me, but I think they're out in the first round.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10932 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Tight one in Ottawa. Shame that it ended the way it did, on that play.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
525 posts
248 upvotes
Winnipeg
rabbit wrote:
Oct 6th, 2018 2:06 am
Tight one in Ottawa. Shame that it ended the way it did, on that play.
By all rights RBs should have won that one after the Bombers let that big lead slip away in the last 5 minutes.

I'm glad that the Bombers held on for the win but the game highlighted some of their weaknesses. There's still time to correct them, but it's running out fast.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10932 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
How does a team get shut out in the CFL? LOL :D :D :D

BC almost gives the game away in a minute, but their defence is solid against Calgary. I can't believe some fans here, fawning over Lulay, even though he passes for less than 200 yards.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
525 posts
248 upvotes
Winnipeg
rabbit wrote:
Oct 14th, 2018 1:39 am
How does a team get shut out in the CFL? LOL :D :D :D

BC almost gives the game away in a minute, but their defence is solid against Calgary. I can't believe some fans here, fawning over Lulay, even though he passes for less than 200 yards.
In fairness, it's not like most QBs have been putting up amazing numbers. Nichols can barely crack 200 most nights if that, Collaros is posting downright scary-in-a-bad-way yardage totals.

Nice to see the big Blue shake off that bad Roughrider juju haunting the team... looks like 2nd to 4th in the west is going to be a race down to the wire.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10932 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
It's because so many fans here think Lulay is some kind of saviour, and Jennings is some kind of pariah. Lulay is the better QB, but I put most of BC's victories in their recent games on the defence, with the exception being the HAM OT game, when it was part Jennings and part HAM's coaching decision. That and their kicker muffing a makeable FG.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
525 posts
248 upvotes
Winnipeg
rabbit wrote:
Oct 16th, 2018 4:56 am
It's because so many fans here think Lulay is some kind of saviour, and Jennings is some kind of pariah. Lulay is the better QB, but I put most of BC's victories in their recent games on the defence, with the exception being the HAM OT game, when it was part Jennings and part HAM's coaching decision. That and their kicker muffing a makeable FG.
Not unlike what's going on in Sask and Wpg where it's also the defence winning games. It's actually pretty wild how 3/5 western teams have pretty defective offences, despite looking pretty solid on paper in terms of the starting lineup.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10932 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Imagine if it's a four-way tie.

Well, I hope Calgary gets knocked out. Other than that, I'm fine with whoever wins, even if it's SSK :D .
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10932 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Woo hoo, the Lions are in it.

Odd call by EDM to kick a late FG. I understand the reasoning, but they're playing for a tie + OT.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
525 posts
248 upvotes
Winnipeg
Bombers need that W this week to join the playoff party! Normally it would be a longshot vs. Calgary, but those Alberta teams are falling apart these days.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10932 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Yeah, the top two teams on a slump.

Sorry, but I'm cheering for CAL. I want to see EDM make the playoffs, as I'm a Reilly fan.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10932 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Did you watch the HAM OTT game? It was funny, near the end. Breaking huddle, Trevor Harris says, "Two hands on the ball." So what happens on that very play? The Ottawa guy fumbles it :D .
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
525 posts
248 upvotes
Winnipeg
rabbit wrote:
Oct 24th, 2018 6:16 am
Did you watch the HAM OTT game? It was funny, near the end. Breaking huddle, Trevor Harris says, "Two hands on the ball." So what happens on that very play? The Ottawa guy fumbles it :D .
I think we all know what the most amusing moment in last week's games was ;)

Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10932 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I missed that! Didn't watch the second half of the game. Oh well, EDM still lost :D .
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10932 posts
936 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
WTH, Calgary was up 18-14 when I turned on the game, and then they practically do nothing for the rest of the game. WPG's surprise third down gamble almost bit O'Shea in the butt. Crazy fog.