• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2018 4:23 am
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
527 posts
250 upvotes
Winnipeg
Calgary looked super sluggish out there, I know they have a few injuries but I don't get how a team that good can lose 4 in a row. Bombers took a few chances to get back into the game and it paid off. What a roller coaster ride it's been this season, although I guess you can say the same for every western team this year... everyone has had a couple of fairly protracted streaks by now.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10937 posts
941 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
It's hard when the injuries are coming at the same position, though. Well, hopefully, their injured guys won't be back for the playoffs :D .

It's like BC. They had two O-lineman out against SSK. And when HAM kicked their as, they had three O-lineman go down. One came back into the game, but I'm not sure about the other two.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10937 posts
941 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
What's with the bear? :D
bbbear.jpg
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
527 posts
250 upvotes
Winnipeg
^ Lots of crazy characters in that endzone... it's also where the (in)famous beer snake lives.

I used to sit in the equivalent section at the old stadium, section S, back in my university days. These days I prefer slightly calmer places to sit :)
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10937 posts
941 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
It's cool that fans can be on field level. No chance in BC Place. Mind you, the sight lines are great at BC Place. Unless you're right in the end zones, the view is pretty good from most seats.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
527 posts
250 upvotes
Winnipeg
rabbit wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 2:16 am
It's cool that fans can be on field level. No chance in BC Place. Mind you, the sight lines are great at BC Place. Unless you're right in the end zones, the view is pretty good from most seats.
From what I can see on TV, I think the endzone seats at IGF and BC Place are very similar... they might be about a metre or so higher at BC Place, but otherwise they are set up much the same way.

Excessively low endzone seats are the worst, I don't think the fans sitting in that low endzone in Montreal can see anything past the 30 yard line.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10937 posts
941 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I think both games are a toss up, but I'm going with BC and WPG to come out on top.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
527 posts
250 upvotes
Winnipeg
If Collaros was healthy I think the Bombers would be in tough. But as long as the big blue O line can control the aggressive Sask pass rush, I think they should be able to come back from Regina with the W.

BC/Hamilton is a super close call. Both teams have Jekyll and Hyde personalities so it really depends on who shows up. My gut says Hamilton though, and with Ric Flair in their corner (!) that might just give them the extra oomph they need to get over the finish line ;)
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10937 posts
941 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
BC sure pulled a big turd. Ah well, I thought that Buono sucked as a head coach. Three blowouts to end his career.

I didn't watch the Western game, but happy to see WPG win. They overcame adversity midway in the season, then went on a roll, and those are the teams that can go all the way.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
527 posts
250 upvotes
Winnipeg
My condolences... I don't know what Ric Flair told the Ticats before the game but it sure seemed to work. I was not expecting that kind of blowout. It reminds me a bit of when Cal Murphy's Bombers got annihilated by the Eskimos in the 96 west semi and he ended up getting turfed. That was also a pretty inglorious end to an otherwise storied coaching career.

As for the Bombers, what can I say. A little closer for comfort than I would have liked against a team without their starting QB, but I'll take it anyway. Calgary is solid through and through, but the Bombers are hot... should be a good matchup.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
527 posts
250 upvotes
Winnipeg
welp, that's it for the Bombers.

Ottawa looked impressive, they made it look easy.

Should be a pretty good matchup in the big game. Ottawa is a good team but they're going to have their hands full with the Stamps. Prediction: Calgary.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10937 posts
941 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Bummer about WPG. Too much focus on Harris. I remember a couple of second down and shorts, when they handed off to 33, and he went up the middle. Predictable! O'Shea seemed to have played it safe, too. Wally Buono syndrome. Don't forget what got you there! (But in O'Shea's case, don't go hog-wild taking chances, either :D .)

I'm going with Ottawa.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10937 posts
941 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Forgot to mention: classy move by the CFL to pause the game at ~11:00 PST in the BC vs HAM game.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2015
527 posts
250 upvotes
Winnipeg
Well, not exactly a game for the ages, but third time was finally the charm for Calgary. They were in control from start to finish last night, and it's fair to say that the better team won.

Congratulations to the Stampeders and their fans on a great season!