• Feb 24th, 2018 3:28 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 8, 2018
41 posts
5 upvotes
mr_raider wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 1:04 pm
How's the cargo space? Think it can fit a stroller, a playard and a few suitcases?
Not sure what a playard but I'm confident it can fit a big stroller and like 4-6 suitcases if organised properly
[OP]
Feb 8, 2018
41 posts
5 upvotes
gpomp wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 1:10 pm
I test drove the CRV and CX5 back to back and found the CX5 to be much peppier. Not sure how this is possible as the CRV has more power on paper but that was my subjective opinion.
That's what I found too. It's because Honda uses a cvt
[OP]
Feb 8, 2018
41 posts
5 upvotes
Mystix wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 1:26 pm
I read somewhere that cx5 is quicker off the line but the crv is quicker once it's moving. It makes sense since the crvs turbo doesnt kick in until 2500.

At the end I bought the crv as I like the styling inside and out. But what really swayed me was carplay/Android auto. I know Mazda said it will add the feature retroactively but that was 2016 and still nothing. I was pretty set on the cx5 coming from a mazda3
You can mod the Android auto now, basically just plugging in a USB and clicking install.funny enough my dealer even recommended it and didn't say anything when I asked if it messed with the warranty
May 27, 2012
115 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
Pls don’t mod cuz that might negate ur warranty? It’s easier to just mount a tablet using magnetic mounts from “scosche “

For me Honda CR-V was 70 more per month to insure in Toronto compared to cx5
[OP]
Feb 8, 2018
41 posts
5 upvotes
Its not really modding per say... Google has already released android auto for mazda. Mazda is simply not installing the app. You can install it very easily and acts like another "app" on the infotainment page.
Jul 4, 2006
783 posts
176 upvotes
Oakville
I have owned both vehicles.

I know CRV has improved over the last few years. I still prefer the Mazda.

It definitely handles better and there's no need to be concerned about having enough power. When you really need to pass there's a Sport mode button that instantly gives you the power needed.

If you want a powerful vehicle than get a Sport sedan and not a CUV.
Last edited by Lobloco on Feb 10th, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Feb 8, 2018
41 posts
5 upvotes
I'll be test driving the tiguan and the atlas this coming Friday.
Aug 30, 2017
121 posts
44 upvotes
Canadaftw101 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 5:28 pm
I'll be test driving the tiguan and the atlas this coming Friday.
Please let us know your thoughts on the Tiguan. Those are the two that are on my list, the Tiguan and the CX-5.
[OP]
Feb 8, 2018
41 posts
5 upvotes
starkickers wrote:
Feb 10th, 2018 6:12 pm
Please let us know your thoughts on the Tiguan. Those are the two that are on my list, the Tiguan and the CX-5.
Will do man!! It looks nice but honestly from what I've read the engine isn't as lively
Sep 28, 2011
341 posts
84 upvotes
Lethbridge
I have a 2016.5 CX5. It's a great vehicle, and surprisingly fun to drive. The AWD system works quite well (especially with snow tires) and it handles like a champ. My city doesn't clear the snow and it gets packed down until it's an uneven ice rink. I barely notice. But that's probably more to do with the quality winter tires. Acceleration on slippery roads is good too.

The car handles way better than something in its price range should.

Downside has been the dealer service department. They've managed to screw up or break something EVERY SINGLE VISIT. And they're the only Mazda shop within 200km, so that sucks. At least they own up to it and try to make it right, but I'd rather they not break a part in the first place.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1895 posts
493 upvotes
haven't driven a cx5 or crv, but I felt like the tiguan was underpowered. It was really roomy inside but the seats felt a little stiff for a non sport vehicle. Nice features and a tonne of cargo space. Also not a big fan of the exterior styling. It's all right, but certainly won't turn any heads.
Aug 30, 2017
121 posts
44 upvotes
tim-x wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 9:51 am
haven't driven a cx5 or crv, but I felt like the tiguan was underpowered. It was really roomy inside but the seats felt a little stiff for a non sport vehicle. Nice features and a tonne of cargo space. Also not a big fan of the exterior styling. It's all right, but certainly won't turn any heads.
How is the rear leg room? I haven't yet had a chance to see the Tiguan for myself, but I've sat in a CX-5 and the rear leg room is a little worse than my current Forester.
Sep 12, 2003
528 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
angrydingo wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 9:30 am
I have a 2016.5 CX5. It's a great vehicle, and surprisingly fun to drive. The AWD system works quite well (especially with snow tires) and it handles like a champ. My city doesn't clear the snow and it gets packed down until it's an uneven ice rink. I barely notice. But that's probably more to do with the quality winter tires. Acceleration on slippery roads is good too.

The car handles way better than something in its price range should.

Downside has been the dealer service department. They've managed to screw up or break something EVERY SINGLE VISIT. And they're the only Mazda shop within 200km, so that sucks. At least they own up to it and try to make it right, but I'd rather they not break a part in the first place.
Can you elaborate what was the issues at the service department?
Heatware: TheOneBarton
[OP]
Feb 8, 2018
41 posts
5 upvotes
TheOneBarton wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 4:12 pm
Can you elaborate what was the issues at the service department?
I'm interested as well. I'll be buying it from Stratford Ontario but any warranty issues I'll most likely be doing from the London dealerships due to proximity