2018 CX5

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2018 3:28 pm
Tags:
May 17, 2017
294 posts
190 upvotes
Waterloo
pricha00 wrote: The winters were part of promotion ... did not want loose as they said they come so we asked that they provide wheels and mount them for our negotiated deal. I guess my assumption that they would go for more brand name rubber was an oversight on my part. I wasn't complaining though as they did the alloy upgrade instead of ugly steelies.

Pat
What's the exact brand of the tires? I'm curious because there are a number of downmarket brands from Michelin (below BFG), Continental (below General), etc that aren't widely advertised, distributed, or known
Apr 28, 2007
107 posts
6 upvotes
Beamsville
AstulzerRSX wrote: What's the exact brand of the tires? I'm curious because there are a number of downmarket brands from Michelin (below BFG), Continental (below General), etc that aren't widely advertised, distributed, or known
The brand name is Mirage ... I have tried finding manufacturer details online but it evades me

Pat
Oct 13, 2010
2 posts
1 upvote
We just picked up a 2017 CX 5 GS in that Soul City Red last night ...it came with all season 'mud and snow' Yokohama's. Sales guy said just keep em for a few years. The vehicle cost less than the CRV and Rav4 for similar trim. The Mazda has a 6 speed 'Manual' built into the shifter. Just move the shifter to the left and it emulates manual shifting. Tap towards you to shift up and tap away from you to downshift. The dash even has a gear indicator from 1 to 6. Not as nice as a paddle shifter, but it is a LOT peppier. Very nice if you have a company gas card Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes. The handling blows away CRY and Rav4 period. The cabin is near luxury. Leatherette and suede. Very little plastic to be seen. Not quite BMW or Lexus, but very nice for 35k ish all in. Cargo isn't bad, but less than others so great if no kids. Otherwise maybe CRV or Rav4. The blind spot seemed to work well and rear camera as it should. This vehicle could easily fool anyone into thinking you paid more. The Soul City Red is a vision to be seen in person and in the sunlight makes it very difficult to walk away from. My wife stopped dead in her tracks when we came out of the show room. She couldn't believe the effect in the sunlight as if the car were July 1st fireworks. Anyhow, vehicles are very personal so what ever turns your pistons....Zoom Zoom.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
30106 posts
5547 upvotes
Montreal
TheSageman wrote: We just picked up a 2017 CX 5 GS in that Soul City Red last night ...it came with all season 'mud and snow' Yokohama's. Sales guy said just keep em for a few years. The vehicle cost less than the CRV and Rav4 for similar trim. The Mazda has a 6 speed 'Manual' built into the shifter. Just move the shifter to the left and it emulates manual shifting. Tap towards you to shift up and tap away from you to downshift. The dash even has a gear indicator from 1 to 6. Not as nice as a paddle shifter, but it is a LOT peppier. Very nice if you have a company gas card Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes. The handling blows away CRY and Rav4 period. The cabin is near luxury. Leatherette and suede. Very little plastic to be seen. Not quite BMW or Lexus, but very nice for 35k ish all in. Cargo isn't bad, but less than others so great if no kids. Otherwise maybe CRV or Rav4. The blind spot seemed to work well and rear camera as it should. This vehicle could easily fool anyone into thinking you paid more. The Soul City Red is a vision to be seen in person and in the sunlight makes it very difficult to walk away from. My wife stopped dead in her tracks when we came out of the show room. She couldn't believe the effect in the sunlight as if the car were July 1st fireworks. Anyhow, vehicles are very personal so what ever turns your pistons....Zoom Zoom.
Did you get the package with sunroof, and the one with the safety doodads?
Oct 13, 2010
2 posts
1 upvote
Nah, just the straight up AA00 model. It was the last one in that Soul City Red in the GS model. It does have smart city braking system for low speed front end collision avoidance. It has many safety features built into so we felt the upgrades were unnecessary to keep the price down. We straight talked the sales guy and got it discounted around 4500 off last year's price plus traded in a 2008 Honda Fit that barely limped into the lot for 1700. I think we did ok overall. I'm not complaining the least bit . We came in under our max budget so we're happy about that. Aren't many red gs models around so hurry if you are interested...
Apr 28, 2007
107 posts
6 upvotes
Beamsville
AstulzerRSX wrote: Looks like those are definitely chinese... https://www.hftyre.com/product/mirage-car-tires/
Thanks for the link ... i kind of expected they were lower tier brand, and not just because made in China as several name brand companies make their tires in that country. No biggie , will get a couple of seasons out of them, sell em off for $200 and get something better.

Pat
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1451 posts
811 upvotes
Torontario
TheSageman wrote: .....The Mazda has a 6 speed 'Manual' built into the shifter. Just move the shifter to the left and it emulates manual shifting. Tap towards you to shift up and tap away from you to downshift. ...
Welcome to tiptronic after 10 years it being existence...and yet not the same as manual....like you can't do 1-3-5
May 17, 2017
294 posts
190 upvotes
Waterloo
ohnabatko wrote: Welcome to tiptronic after 10 years it being existence...and yet not the same as manual....like you can't do 1-3-5
Depending on the transmission, a longer pull on the left paddle drops you into the lowest gear automatically. All MB 7G Tronic cars should do this.