2018 Fall Tire Rebates

Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5394 posts
1982 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
GoogleFish wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 6:56 pm
Website for Kal Tires shows the $50 cash rebate taken off in Ontario. Can you get the $50 GC in Ontario on top?
No clue. Probably not, but it's worth a try if you're set on getting Nokians anyways. Otherwise, I'd assume $50 only to be on the safe side.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Nov 18, 2014
407 posts
363 upvotes
Calgary, AB
The 2018 winter tire test is out: find it here...

Here are the top 5 for studded and non studded tires (some are not available in Canada)

Studded:
Nokian Hakkapeliita 9 - 95.9 points
Michelin X-Ice North 4 - 95.7 points
Continental Icecontact2 - 94.8 points
Hankook Winter I * Pike RS2 W429 - 94.0 points
Bridgestone Noranza 001 - 93.1 points

Non-Studded:
Continental Contival Contact 7 - 91.3 points
Pirelli Ice Zero Fr - 90.6 points
Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice 2 - 90.6 points
Nokian Hakkapeliita R3 - 90.3 points
Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 - 88.4 points

Detailed overview is here.

I have owned both Nokians and Michelins and can say that my Nokians outperformed the Michelins by a mile, even when I only had a few mm left on the Nokians versus a brand new Michelin X-Ice XI3 (I went cheap and bought the Michelins for both my cars instead of replacing them with Nokians. Now I have two new cars and will go for the Nokians again)
Aug 6, 2018
3 posts
1 upvote
Aurora
Is the mail in rebate on Bridgestones valid for purchase from costco?

Costco have a $70 cash card offer with 4 Bridgestones but that is only valid till the 7th.
I am new to Canada; Guys: In your experience do you think its better to go for the current costco offer or wait for another offer from costco and combine it with the mail in discounts for a better deal?
Keep Calm and carry on !
Nov 15, 2017
561 posts
368 upvotes
BC's winter driving requirement starting October 1st:

Tires must have

1: M+S symbol

OR

2. Snowflake symbol

I question requirement #1 because almost every tire has M+S symbol nowadays...

What are some places that sell and install All Weather tires, beside Kal Tire, Fountain Tire, and OK Tire?
Feb 20, 2018
79 posts
82 upvotes
Calgary
NipunR55644 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 10:26 am
Is the mail in rebate on Bridgestones valid for purchase from costco?

Costco have a $70 cash card offer with 4 Bridgestones but that is only valid till the 7th.
I am new to Canada; Guys: In your experience do you think its better to go for the current costco offer or wait for another offer from costco and combine it with the mail in discounts for a better deal?

I would like to know this as well. Costco going to mail me a card but want to see if I am also eligible to fill out the form for the WS80's I purchased.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows this.
Mar 13, 2005
556 posts
164 upvotes
jarfgames wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 8:08 pm
Have an appointment to get General Tire Altimax RT43 put our van this weekend. Never used General Tire before but they seem to be very well reviewed (including in snow). Paying $720 for 4 tires (235/65/R17) including install/balancing/tire levy/GST. Think that’s a decent price and then there is the $40 mail in rebate on top.
We put RT43's on our Rogue via our Nissan Dealership as they were the least expensive around.
Check out tires.nissan.ca as they have a nice price match guarantee (and I doubt you need to drive a Nissan). I think we paid about ~$130/tire (+ install) for 225/65-17's FWIW, and now less the rebate.
The RT43's seem to be a much quieter tire than the original Goodyear's they replaced and handled our recent downpours like a champ, so we're really happy.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1128 posts
558 upvotes
Calgary
MikeyP wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 10:45 am
We put RT43's on our Rogue via our Nissan Dealership as they were the least expensive around.
Check out tires.nissan.ca as they have a nice price match guarantee (and I doubt you need to drive a Nissan). I think we paid about ~$130/tire (+ install) for 225/65-17's FWIW, and now less the rebate.
The RT43's seem to be a much quieter tire than the original Goodyear's they replaced and handled our recent downpours like a champ, so we're really happy.
Thanks. Consumer Reports seems to like them too and rates them well for snow so I am hopeful they will be a lot better than the current all seasons we are using. Getting them put on tomorrow morning.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
2797 posts
452 upvotes
Water loo
BBZero wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 10:35 am
BC's winter driving requirement starting October 1st:

Tires must have

1: M+S symbol

OR

2. Snowflake symbol

I question requirement #1 because almost every tire has M+S symbol nowadays...

What are some places that sell and install All Weather tires, beside Kal Tire, Fountain Tire, and OK Tire?
hot rods with summer only tires wouldn't have a M+S symbol
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5394 posts
1982 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
rrabbit10 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 10:24 pm
The 2018 winter tire test is out: find it here...

Here are the top 5 for studded and non studded tires (some are not available in Canada)

Studded:
Nokian Hakkapeliita 9 - 95.9 points
Michelin X-Ice North 4 - 95.7 points
Continental Icecontact2 - 94.8 points
Hankook Winter I * Pike RS2 W429 - 94.0 points
Bridgestone Noranza 001 - 93.1 points

Non-Studded:
Continental Contival Contact 7 - 91.3 points
Pirelli Ice Zero Fr - 90.6 points
Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice 2 - 90.6 points
Nokian Hakkapeliita R3 - 90.3 points
Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 - 88.4 points

Detailed overview is here.

I have owned both Nokians and Michelins and can say that my Nokians outperformed the Michelins by a mile, even when I only had a few mm left on the Nokians versus a brand new Michelin X-Ice XI3 (I went cheap and bought the Michelins for both my cars instead of replacing them with Nokians. Now I have two new cars and will go for the Nokians again)
The Pirelli Ice Zero FR sounds pretty impressive for its price. However, the best tire available for the size I need ended up being the Nokian Hakkapelitta R3s.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2008
1012 posts
104 upvotes
howwon wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2018 9:03 pm
GM stores also have instant $150 off on tires if you get their Visa card and is stackable with some of the rebates listed in the OP here (Goodyear/Pirelli/Kumho). Not restricted to GM vehicles.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/certifi ... d-2220369/

You can instant $50 off on a set of Bridgstone/Firestone tires even if you don't get the card.
kr0zet wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2018 10:23 pm
Looked at a set of winter tires with aluminum rims for my Grand Cherokee, $820 CAD shipped to the boarder from Discount Tire Direct. I can't even get TIRES at that price in Canada!
I don't which vehicle/rim size the guy in post below has but he scored OE alloy/aluminium rims at $115 a pop. There are deals to be had in Canada as well.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/certifi ... #p29869847
Last edited by barricuda on Oct 5th, 2018 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 23, 2007
873 posts
72 upvotes
Kingston, Ontario
Just ordered Michelin XIce last night from Costco. What’s the best way to get the rebate? Can I ask for a return / rebuy at Costco warehouse?