Expired Hot Deals

2018 Fall Tire Rebates

Oct 30, 2007
60 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Question - I am considering between 2 winter tires for 2016 Rav4.

Either a Gislaved Nordfrost or General Arctic Altimax 12 - the General is $80 dollars cheaper for the set. This model has been out since last winter and seems to get good reviews.

Thoughts? Anyone have experiences with either of these winter tires?
Jun 14, 2011
306 posts
247 upvotes
Richmond Hill
any idea where would be a good place to use the prepaid cc, I got once in spring when I got tires and noticed a lot of places don't accept it.
Nov 20, 2005
111 posts
20 upvotes
herman987 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2018 10:22 pm
Thanks OP!
Anyone know the reason why Michelin exclude Canadian Tire purchase for the rebate? Is it because Canadian Tire provides its own "Canadian Tire Dollar" discount?
I believe it's because Canadian Tire will be offering instant rebates for Michelin tires specifically - meaning that you don't have to mail it in in order to get the rebate.

Of course, you will also get your Canadian Tire money in addition to the rebate.
Aug 3, 2017
1 posts
Thanks OP, does anyone know if you can do the rebate if you buy the tires directly from your mechanic?
Or does it have to be from a retailer?
Feb 19, 2017
413 posts
220 upvotes
Anyone have an opinion on the Continental Wintercontact SI? Canadian Tire has a good deal at 20% off before mail in rebate. Reviews seem very good, no red flags that I can see (perhaps the relatively lower starting tread depth?). Hoping to get 4-5 years out of my next winter tires (only drive about 4-5K km in the winter).

I was deciding between the Michelin XIce3 and the Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 before seeing this deal on the Contis.

On a related question, any thoughts about Canadian Tire mounting the tires? Have heard some bad reports about the quality of work done there for other car maintenance.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
5894 posts
513 upvotes
50centdollars wrote:
Oct 13th, 2018 6:39 pm
Anyone have an opinion on the Continental Wintercontact SI? Canadian Tire has a good deal at 20% off before mail in rebate. Reviews seem very good, no red flags that I can see (perhaps the relatively lower starting tread depth?). Hoping to get 4-5 years out of my next winter tires (only drive about 4-5K km in the winter).

I was deciding between the Michelin XIce3 and the Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 before seeing this deal on the Contis.

On a related question, any thoughts about Canadian Tire mounting the tires? Have heard some bad reports about the quality of work done there for other car maintenance.
Go to the subtopic automotive section of rfd. There are a ton of threads about it.

They are a good set. Buy them
Apr 23, 2008
934 posts
130 upvotes
Anyone have any idea about Michelin defender T+H (specifically 225/65R17)? the test score on cornering and braking in snow and ice are fantastic posted by Kaltire. It is 3 season tire with good lower price than the champ Nokian WGR3 but very comparable test scores.
Oct 5, 2008
9 posts
2 upvotes
Costco only offered the rebate until Oct 7. Can I use the mail in form after that date if I purchase from Costco?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
1630 posts
181 upvotes
myblau wrote:
Oct 16th, 2018 11:23 pm
Costco only offered the rebate until Oct 7. Can I use the mail in form after that date if I purchase from Costco?
Would also like to know the same thing.
May 6, 2006
101 posts
20 upvotes
Victoria
Man I shoulda waited a few extra months before purchasing those Goodyear Assurance WeatherReadys. Coulda got $100. ahh next time I guess lol
I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic
Jul 18, 2015
131 posts
84 upvotes
Mascouche, QC
Hey guys if you are looking to buy a set of tires take a look at a GM dealer near your place. If you suscribe to their VISA GM you get a 150$ rebate instantly + 90 days without interest + mail-in rebate. If you buy a set of Bridgestone/Firestone you get 200$ off instantly but no mail-in rebate. Also GM do a price match so no other ways to get a better deal ! I am located in Quebec but I am pretty sure the deal applies to all provinces.
Aug 12, 2003
998 posts
197 upvotes
Hamilton
myblau wrote:
Oct 16th, 2018 11:23 pm
If your talking about the Bridgestone MIR then their website says it excludes purchases from Costco in bold. I'm kicking myself for missing this in store instant rebate.

https://www.bridgestonetire.ca/special- ... rpromotion
Apr 17, 2005
197 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
traktion wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 9:58 pm
If your talking about the Bridgestone MIR then their website says it excludes purchases from Costco in bold. I'm kicking myself for missing this in store instant rebate.

https://www.bridgestonetire.ca/special- ... rpromotion
in my situation, the blizzak DMV2 are only 150 at costco and more expensive everywhere else so the rebate wouldn't even matter. also the fact they are considered a wholesaler in some cases may be why they are excluded.