38 upvotes
with black chrome grill, w/ center chrome 'highlight'

Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41493 posts
10187 upvotes
specifications and other stuff are up, including building one to price

https://www.honda.ca/accord_sedan/specs

sorry, my laptop shutdown. link is now posted.

Seems the Sport 2.0 is looking good, the only things I'd prefer to have are:
  • heated steering wheel -Heated Steering Wheel -- $983.58 option under accessories
  • auto dimming rear view mirror -- $405.62 option under accessories

1. parking sensors - seems a little redundant, at least for the rear, with the backup camera and who really has issues with the front-end of a sedan?
  2. Ventilated front seats - nice to have during 4-5 months in the GTA (when it's warm to hot) as it seems to be blowing ambient cabin temperature.
  3. driver’s seat position memory - really nice to have but $4k more for the Touring
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41493 posts
10187 upvotes
Anyone know when the 2.0's and hybrids will be out?

If the engine is a carry over from the last gen, the hybrids will still have the non-direct injection engine running on the Atkinson cycle.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1592 posts
252 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 1:28 pm

If the engine is a carry over from the last gen, the hybrids will still have the non-direct injection engine running on the Atkinson cycle.
probably a carry over... otherwise we'd get a turbo hybrid XD
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41493 posts
10187 upvotes
Debonair wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 2:27 pm
probably a carry over... otherwise we'd get a turbo hybrid XD
It's definitely not going to be turbocharged. :)

I just have some concerns about the long term reliability of direct injection (so far very little complaints about potential carbon deposit build ups) and turbocharged vehicles, and so with a hybrid, you can skip these two components and worry about the hybrid components. At $1.20/liter, it seems the hybrid almost at 50 MPG is going to cost around 5 cents/kilometer so not really that much from a less efficient BEV which costs 2.5-3.5 cents/kilometer with night time charging.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5194 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 1:28 pm

I was told that dealerships should be getting the 2.0's some time early next year
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41493 posts
10187 upvotes
Havo wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 3:23 pm
I was told that dealerships should be getting the 2.0's some time early next year
This is probably going to be first test drive in a while, besides for the $100 gc when I test drove an i3. Bought our 11 Accord coupe and 16 RAV4H without test driving them. Well, one has been consistently in C/D's 10 Best and the other is the only compact enough hybrid SUV. :)

If I don't get a BEV (EVIP evaporates and the 250+ mile range ones don't materialize in late 2018/early 2019) and if we will need another car, this is probably going to be it -- Touring 2.0 or the Hybrid Touring. :)
Apr 10, 2017
391 posts
104 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 8:12 pm
specifications and other stuff are up, including building one to price

https://www.honda.ca/accord_sedan/specs

sorry, my laptop shutdown. link is now posted.

Seems the Sport 2.0 is looking good, the only things I'd prefer to have are:
  • heated steering wheel -Heated Steering Wheel -- $983.58 option under accessories
  • auto dimming rear view mirror -- $405.62 option under accessories

1. parking sensors - seems a little redundant, at least for the rear, with the backup camera and who really has issues with the front-end of a sedan?
  2. Ventilated front seats - nice to have during 4-5 months in the GTA (when it's warm to hot) as it seems to be blowing ambient cabin temperature.
  3. driver’s seat position memory - really nice to have but $4k more for the Touring
I had all those options in a 2017 Kia Optima SX and I gotta say they're all worth the money (but not for Honda's price). Not too crazy about the driver's seat position memory though.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41493 posts
10187 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 5:55 pm
I had all those options in a 2017 Kia Optima SX and I gotta say they're all worth the money (but not for Honda's price). Not too crazy about the driver's seat position memory though.
How much did you purchase your Optima for? I rented one months ago, likely a much lower trim, and the exterior looked nice and I recall it even had the ease of entry feature where the seat would move backward.

I think the Koreans have caught up but most car sites still think the Accord is the benchmark but I think I read the Mazda6 and one other car beat the last gen Accord in some Car and Driver comparo.

Yeah, might as well go Touring if heated steering wheel is a must as the gap between that and the Sport will narrow down to $3k.

Wouldn't mind to pick up a Korean BEV if Honda, Toyota or Nissan (60 kWh Leaf and SUV) slack off big time.
Apr 10, 2017
391 posts
104 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 6:01 pm
How much did you purchase your Optima for? I rented one months ago, likely a much lower trim, and the exterior looked nice and I recall it even had the ease of entry feature where the seat would move backward.

I think the Koreans have caught up but most car sites still think the Accord is the benchmark.
I have a family member who works for the company - my leases are 8 months tops or 24k max. I've probably driven every Kia except for the Rio, Sedona, Stinger and K900

You may have rented the EX Tech version which I also had before. The SX Optima may have been the best Kia car I've driven, I just didn't like paying more for gas. That car spoiled me with all the features that I kinda look for cars now (dual climate, heated steering wheel, dimming rear mirror, cooling seats come in handy during the summer, etc etc) - all those features are missing in the Soul SX I'm driving at the moment #firstworldproblems

It's bang for buck for the money if you're in the market. I just wish they would follow suit with Toyota's move to placing Toyota Safety Sense in most of their cars (Kia doesn't have a name for their tech yet).
Last edited by Biscayne05 on Nov 2nd, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41493 posts
10187 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 6:10 pm
I have a family member who works for the company - my leases are 8 months tops or 24k max. I've probably driven every Kia except for the Rio, Sedona, Stinger and K900

You may have rented the EX Tech version which I also had before. The SX Optima may have been the best Kia car I've driven, I just didn't like paying more for gas. It's bang for buck for the money if you're in the market.
Let me guess, next car will be the Stinger? :)
Apr 10, 2017
391 posts
104 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 6:14 pm
Let me guess, next car will be the Stinger? :)
After seeing it in person I have to be honest I'm tempted it's suuuuuuuuuper sleek. However, I hate spending a lot for gas (which is why I didn't get another Optima SX albeit enjoying it for 8 months). It's asking for Premium gas.
Feb 19, 2017
774 posts
367 upvotes
Ya the premium gas thing is usually what stops me from any premium vehicle. Really you can get decent prices on the used market but holy crap the Premium gas prices we have in Canada has been madness. Wouldn't mind going diesel but of course Kia doesn't sell those here sadly...I would love a Stinger but I think I'm gonna have to enjoy from afar...
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.