• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 5:59 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41514 posts
10203 upvotes
My BIL in Washington fills his RX with regular octane lol. I think there will some mileage and performance hit but in Canada, probably makes sense to gamble especially if premium is recommended only.

Not sure about knocking because most modern cars have anti-knocking.
Feb 19, 2017
774 posts
367 upvotes
Unfortunately car manufacturers don't provide us with a real breakdown of what performance/fuel-econ hits we take when people do that.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41514 posts
10203 upvotes
I don't even care about the performance hit if it has over 200 HP / torque, haha, just the fuel economy but gasoline in the States is usually cheap outside of California and maybe NYC and premium doesn't cost way more.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5194 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
Biscayne05 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 5:55 pm
I had all those options in a 2017 Kia Optima SX and I gotta say they're all worth the money (but not for Honda's price). Not too crazy about the driver's seat position memory though.
Memory seats come in handy when you share your car with someone else in your household. It's also great when you take it to your mechanic and they move the seat position.
Apr 11, 2009
73 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 8:58 am
My BIL in Washington fills his RX with regular octane lol. I think there will some mileage and performance hit but in Canada, probably makes sense to gamble especially if premium is recommended only.

Not sure about knocking because most modern cars have anti-knocking.
I think all Lexus RX use regular octane (87)...unlike our NX which use premium but we put 89 in it lol
Last edited by sandini_power on Nov 3rd, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41514 posts
10203 upvotes
sandini_power wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 11:23 am
I think all Lexus RX use regular octane (87)...unlike our NX which use premium but with put 89 in it lol
No, I had to fill it up once when visiting and it says something like 91 octane recommended.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
11265 posts
1501 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/241-1 ... noise.html

So in the USA, the higher trim Honda Accord have an advanced noise reduction package, where the carpets are better, and both the windshield and front windows are acoustic laminated. Anyone know if Canadian Accord have the same advanced noise reduction package? Canadian Accord are usually better equipped. According to the brochure, I see only acoustic windshield on the EX-L and Touring trims.

Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41514 posts
10203 upvotes
Didn't know these turbos are reliable and made by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI).

So far not a lot of of 9th I4 gen owners complained about the carbon deposit build up so it's really just finding about the reliability of the 10-speed auto in the Odyssey and Accord.
Feb 19, 2017
774 posts
367 upvotes
sandini_power wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 11:23 am
I think all Lexus RX use regular octane (87)...unlike our NX which use premium but we put 89 in it lol
There's actually a few Lexus vehicles that use regular octane (87) like the ES series. Tbh wish more vehicles (outside performance intended models) in the luxury field would do this...kind of a kick in the pants to buy 91 octane, well a kick in the pants that never stops kicking you anyways.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Apr 11, 2009
73 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
LoANeal wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 1:47 pm
There's actually a few Lexus vehicles that use regular octane (87) like the ES series. Tbh wish more vehicles (outside performance intended models) in the luxury field would do this...kind of a kick in the pants to buy 91 octane, well a kick in the pants that never stops kicking you anyways.
I get what you are saying lol that is why we just put 89 in ours.
I honestly do not notice any difference btwn 89 vs 91. But ours is a lease...so it's really not "my" car Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Still cool that the accord 2.0 uses regular and it's a de-tune civic type r egine.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26879 posts
6384 upvotes
GTHA
Walkaround video from Honda USA

Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41514 posts
10203 upvotes
So turbo lag is more of a nuisance on manual trannies or is it equally bad on the 10 AT? I have never driven a turbocharged car.

People on DriveAccord complain about the lag but are they just nitpicking because they are stuck with 7-9th gen, like me?
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
11265 posts
1501 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 6:15 pm
So turbo lag is more of a nuisance on manual trannies or is it equally bad on the 10 AT? I have never driven a turbocharged car.

People on DriveAccord complain about the lag but are they just nitpicking because they are stuck with 7-9th gen, like me?
I watched or read somewhere saying the turbo lag is more apparent on the manual transmission vehicles compared to the CVT for the 1.5T engine. I would assume the same to apply for the 2.0T since you have to let go of the gas to shift, whereas in an automatic, the turbo is always spooled up.
Jan 22, 2009
191 posts
10 upvotes
Does anyone know invoice for the 18 exl & touring (1.5l) ? Thank you.