None
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
1701 posts
346 upvotes
Calgary
Blubbs wrote:
Jun 9th, 2017 6:28 pm
And just like that, the gorgeous new 300hp V6 Camry wins.

Although it looks much better than the awful model it replaces, what has it won?
Feb 19, 2017
599 posts
243 upvotes
Man that Camry so will blow this Accord out of the water. Looks aside (let's be honest the Accord could look better than that Camry, we don't know) losing the V6 really puts a damper on the car. A turbo 4 just isn't a real replacement for a V6, the lag is always an issue and never as smooth as a V6. I know Accord is just following the herd on this one, almost everyone has gotten rid of their V6's from their midsize sedans leaving only the Camry, Nissan Altima (ROLF), and CVT built Subaru Legacy (because everyone loves a CVT!) to really offer the V6 competition. I know V6 models do not sell a lot, I think Toyota said only 10% of the Camry's they sell are V6s, but really the whole point of the V6 was the luxurious power available without hitting Premium/Luxury model price points.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Mar 17, 2016
313 posts
186 upvotes
That Camry would be perfect if it had AWD and dropped the Camry name.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
23835 posts
5053 upvotes
GTHA
Hindenburg1 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 11:00 am
That Camry would be perfect if it had AWD and dropped the Camry name.
Highlander?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
5105 posts
303 upvotes
Have you driven some recent turbo 4? I had the V6 accord, but after driving the A4, C300 turbo 4, I am now convinced that turbo 4 is better than a V6. The low end torque and lack of turbo lag is amazing. I agree that CVT sucks.
LoANeal wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 10:15 am
Man that Camry so will blow this Accord out of the water. Looks aside (let's be honest the Accord could look better than that Camry, we don't know) losing the V6 really puts a damper on the car. A turbo 4 just isn't a real replacement for a V6, the lag is always an issue and never as smooth as a V6. I know Accord is just following the herd on this one, almost everyone has gotten rid of their V6's from their midsize sedans leaving only the Camry, Nissan Altima (ROLF), and CVT built Subaru Legacy (because everyone loves a CVT!) to really offer the V6 competition. I know V6 models do not sell a lot, I think Toyota said only 10% of the Camry's they sell are V6s, but really the whole point of the V6 was the luxurious power available without hitting Premium/Luxury model price points.
Feb 19, 2017
599 posts
243 upvotes
golden wrote:
Jun 13th, 2017 11:26 am
Have you driven some recent turbo 4? I had the V6 accord, but after driving the A4, C300 turbo 4, I am now convinced that turbo 4 is better than a V6. The low end torque and lack of turbo lag is amazing. I agree that CVT sucks.
I've drive quite a few, the Malibu, Fusion, Optima, etc. However I should mention my testing has only been in the mass market brands, not Premium/Luxury as they were always beyond my willingness to pay for a car. And ya CVT is usually a non-starter for me. Like maybe if I was going for max fuel efficiency and it was my only option, but honestly I rather go almost anything than CVT...
Jul 31, 2009
85 posts
21 upvotes
Concept sketch looks pretty similar to the lines of the Honda Spirior in China.
Images
  • 2018-Honda-Accord-Spirior-P-wallpaper.jpg
Apr 29, 2017
94 posts
58 upvotes
Omg omg i hope it comes with two eco buttons! That would be so badass!
Feb 19, 2017
599 posts
243 upvotes
prochargedv8 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 10:18 pm
Omg omg i hope it comes with two eco buttons! That would be so badass!
OMFG Top post right there.

Also styling looks fine, will need to hear specs to see how disappointed I am with them though
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5351 posts
1140 upvotes
txtadik wrote:
Jun 19th, 2017 10:08 pm
Concept sketch looks pretty similar to the lines of the Honda Spirior in China.
That looks like the pre-facelift Acura TLX.
Feb 19, 2017
599 posts
243 upvotes
Honestly I wish the US didn't dictate so much of our own auto market. Personally I would love to have the plethora of diesels that the EU gets...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)