• Nov 21st, 2017 2:07 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 19, 2017
764 posts
366 upvotes
board123 wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 1:10 pm
The new Accord is absolutely hideous. What were they thinking? They got it perfect with the 9.5 gen. How do they go from that to the worst looking sedan on the market?
Ya I own a 9.5 Touring V6 and it is waaaaay nicer. The dash alone is a huge step back, let alone the exterior design. Just they went from a sleek nice interior to some budget looking bastard from the early 2000s. Only good thing I see is volume knobs are back. That's literally the only benefit to this car.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1586 posts
251 upvotes
I would take that engine over the V6 easy - that 2.0T has a lot more usable power.

Love the interior... the exterior though, looks like a huge miss to me.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 15, 2005
5111 posts
663 upvotes
I have loved the current gen Accords for a while now. Every time I see one it catches my eye as a great looking car, perfectly balancing professional with a touch of sporty.

This new model is UGLY. How the hell do they actually think this is a good idea in the year 2018?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
2581 posts
457 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Current gen is one of the nicest looking sedan imho... almost like a german sedan whenever see rear profile.

New model seems more like older camry/avalon esp with the rear lights and hunched stance.
Mar 27, 2010
50 posts
13 upvotes
Interior is better, interior or current gen with that huge single dial looked infantile to me.

However I can't stop thinking of a mazda3 interior when I look at pictures of the new one.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40923 posts
9843 upvotes
georvu wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 2:37 pm
Current gen is one of the nicest looking sedan imho... almost like a german sedan whenever see rear profile.

New model seems more like older camry/avalon esp with the rear lights and hunched stance.
I like the 9th gen sedan even more than the coupe. Well the 9th gen sedan does have a lots of semblance with the 8th gen coupe except for the tail light.

I think the interior is nicer than any recent Accord with a dual display.
Dec 16, 2014
792 posts
403 upvotes
Easter Island
its official, camry will dominate mid-size car segment.
best NA engines with excellent fuel economy and decent chassis

lol @ honda with tiny tubro and CVT :facepalm:
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18782 posts
4063 upvotes
Toronto
.... back to the drawing board, styling wise Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
1816 posts
590 upvotes
Mississauga
Man I actually prefer my 9.5gen so much more. The new wheels and dash look pretty nice but I still like the overall look of the 16-17 Accords more. Would have went for the new Camry if it wasn't for the Model 3.
I love RFD! :)

Model 3 reservation holder
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
21650 posts
2407 upvotes
It basically looks like a larger Civic and this is not a good thing because Civic is hands down the ugliest common car on the road today. In fact, I'm not sure I've seen a "popular car" as ugly as the current Civic, in my entire life. And then the interior...Wood trim (and fake at that) in 2017 on a car that's certainly not made for the 80+ crowd? What were they thinking?!?! Never been a fan of Hondas in general TBH, but they seem to be going down hill very badly in the design department. All those horrid Acuras in the earlier part of the decade have now filtered down to the mainstream.

Consolation is they started using turbo engines which is great but these designs...ugh. Since I'm no Honda fan this really changes nothing, it just changes the reasons I'm not a fan. But it is rather annoying to see these eyesores all over the road. I mean there are ugly cars out there, sure, but they're relatively rare models you see once in a while. With cars like Civic on every street corner, it's fairly depressing people will basically buy any Civic (and now surely Accord) no matter what it looks like. Honda could make Homer's car from the Simpsons and ppl would still buy it I think :|
Deal Addict
May 26, 2002
1751 posts
282 upvotes
The front looks like a mish mash of a Ford Mustang and a Dodge Charger with the flat styling. The interior touchscreen looks arguably worst then a Model 3 :-)

-LeeBear
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40923 posts
9843 upvotes
booblehead wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 6:04 pm
.... back to the drawing board, styling wise Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I am actually quite surprised they couldn't just make the front look similar to the 9th gen sedan or 8th gen coupe, which looks like / pattern after the 6th gen.