Automotive

2018 Mazda 3 GS - Winter Tire Credit Promo?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2018 11:01 am
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6363 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto

2018 Mazda 3 GS - Winter Tire Credit Promo?

Was looking to lease a 2018 Mazda 3 GS this week. 2% above dealer invoice, and my loyalty discount aside ($500 off since lease rate is already 0%), there are two other promos I see being offered now:

- $1200 lease discount (which i know gets applied no issues)
- Winter Tire Credit:

Winter Tire Credit Offer is available to qualifying retail customers who cash purchase/finance/lease a new, in-stock 2017 and 2018 Mazda model from an authorized Mazda dealer in Canada between January 3 – 31, 2018. Winter Tire Credit Offer value of $425. Customer can substitute for a $425 cash discount. Cash discount substitute applied before taxes. Winter Tire Credit will be deducted from the negotiated accessory item price before taxes. Winter Tire Credit Offer cannot be combined with Winter Accessory Credit Offer. Some conditions apply. See dealer for complete details.

Should I be expecting this additional $425 as a discount off the vehicle price (assuming I ask for cash discount), in addition to the reduced price given by the dealer (e.g. 2% above dealer invoice)?

Ultimately was hoping to get 1-2% above dealer invoice, my $500 loyalty credit, hopefully winter mats thrown in, and I guess this additional $425 tire credit if it's applicable in my scenario above. Seem like something reasonable to shoot for?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
3 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33236 posts
21164 upvotes
Toronto
yup. therefore, you can stack them all up. Just make sure you have your own calculation going into the dealership. They are pretty good in confusing some consumers if you don't know ahead of time.
Banned
Dec 22, 2017
322 posts
134 upvotes
You should aim for 1% over invoice plus all the other credits (loyalty, winter accessories and lease cash).

There's lots of stock for Mazda 3 and it's a volume mover and lots of dealers.

Just remember the residual is really low for the 3 now to makeup for all the upfront rebates/lease cash and decide accordingly
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6363 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote: yup. therefore, you can stack them all up. Just make sure you have your own calculation going into the dealership. They are pretty good in confusing some consumers if you don't know ahead of time.
Yes! I have my excel sheet on my laptop and #'s ready to crunch and disprove them when they try to baffle me :D. Definitely will go in prepared. Thanks.
TrafficEng wrote: You should aim for 1% over invoice plus all the other credits (loyalty, winter accessories and lease cash).

There's lots of stock for Mazda 3 and it's a volume mover and lots of dealers.

Just remember the residual is really low for the 3 now to makeup for all the upfront rebates/lease cash and decide accordingly
Thanks. That's mainly what I wanted to get some input on. On whether it's reasonable to ask for all of that, if they come back and tell me that they can do one or the other. Yeah I saw the residual was pretty low, which sucks. But at least I'll have an option to buy it out at the end of the term. I guess it helps that it's the last few days of January, so hopefully they will be more willing.

I'm hopefully going to wrap everything up in the next day or two, so I'll post back with an update later.