Automotive

2018 Nissan Leaf Pre-order Q&A Specs

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2018 6:28 pm
Sep 24, 2014
222 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Are you able to/have you been tracking the amount of kWh you are putting into the car with each charge? I have started a new spreadsheet with more analysis on my energy usage with the car this month and from last week what I can see is that my km/kWh is consistently 1 less that what is reported by the car. I think this is due to loss at the charger (this should be very minor if the JuiceBox is really 94% efficient as was reported by the manufacturer) but the cabin heater is most likely the primary contributor to the difference in the car reading vs my math based on km driven / kWh put in the charge.

Here is a link to my new ongoing spreadsheet for this month. I do not plan to use the heater on the way home tonight so I hope to see results closer to the car km/kWh after doing the math tomorrow.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... k6/pubhtml
canadatoronto wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 2:16 pm
For those who like to talk about range or have range anxiety , sharing my experience driving on 407/400 to Cookstown and back from Markham.

Battery charged %100 the night before
Type of drivng : %95 on roard
Speed: 100-115km/h
Distance Driven : 167.5km
Battery % at the end of trip: %4
Remaining km left : 12km
Outside tempreture: -3 to -6
Usage of heater: m‌inimal

So basically I got 180km range out of the battery for this trip.

I've been keeping track of my range since I got the car, you can even get 270km in city driving 60-70km/h but variables such as whether driving on roads or city, driving uphill/downhill and how is outside temperature/wind and your usage of heating/cooling can change the range drastically (similar to a gas car really)
Last edited by serioussamwich on Apr 9th, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 2, 2018
6 posts
1 upvote
mavic12 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2018 10:57 am
I am switching from an infiniti Q50 to leaf actually. Heres a breakdown of my expenses if people are interested.

Monthly expenses
Gas/electricity: $350 -> $0 (work has free charger)
Lease payment: $570 -> $415
Insurance: $190 -> $60 (WOW!)
If you don't mind, Who are you insured by? Shopping around for insurance before car arrives.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
1823 posts
735 upvotes
Ontario
quyngo wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 4:03 pm
Seat issue for a UK youtuber.

Surprised this hasn't come up before - surely a wider issue in the US.
"Never wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, and the pig likes it"
Feb 14, 2018
285 posts
141 upvotes
quyngo wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 4:03 pm
Seat issue for a UK youtuber.

Bumgate? For a minute there I was worried he was going to show us the rash on his left butt cheek.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
11052 posts
1559 upvotes
RFD
EvMart wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 5:34 pm
Bumgate? For a minute there I was worried he was going to show us the rash on his left butt cheek.
Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Banned
Apr 8, 2018
5 posts
mavic12 wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2018 10:09 pm
I’ve helped atleast 10 people get a discount on the leaf so far. Ive been successful negotiating with a Nissan dealership to give a discount on the leaf. I’d be more than happy to help others out if they message me directly. pretty sure those Alta orders are fake. Not sure how they could sell so many. They were rude to me and backtracked on a discount. They don’t get my vote.
how can i get the same discount
Banned
Apr 8, 2018
5 posts
ysl5710 wrote:
Mar 28th, 2018 3:29 pm
can someone tell me what was the final price including all taxes? location where they bought it?
s sv or sl ?
Banned
Apr 8, 2018
5 posts
YYZtoPVG wrote:
Mar 28th, 2018 4:31 pm
is 2000 the standard deposit? 3month wait
not really
so you did put 2000 deposit already?
Jan 2, 2009
304 posts
59 upvotes
the hardwired 18' cord is 999 (then take off 20% from that). good deal, but I don't want to risk losing the rebate by ordering long before I have a clue when the car will arrive...been over a month wait so far lol
fcharapov wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 8:54 pm
For anyone that is interested, Charge Point offers 20% off on EVSE until Apr 22, 2018.

https://www.chargepoint.com/en-ca/drive ... /earthday/

It gives a choice of their dealers in ON, BC and QC.

It is unclear though how much they are, i requested the price from the ON dealer...
Feb 17, 2013
217 posts
72 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
So today I received a call from Alta Nissan to finalize my lease (i.e residual and application for lease) but when I put down the deposit, the bill of sale includes residual value and my payment as well. He didn't mention anything about the Vin # or anything. Anyone else had any such experience?
Banned
Apr 8, 2018
5 posts
robbyp17 wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 9:30 pm
So today I received a call from Alta Nissan to finalize my lease (i.e residual and application for lease) but when I put down the deposit, the bill of sale includes residual value and my payment as well. He didn't mention anything about the Vin # or anything. Anyone else had any such experience?
yes ~ you need to wait for the vin#
so you done the bill of sale right
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1443 posts
329 upvotes
GTA
fcharapov wrote:
Apr 9th, 2018 8:54 pm
For anyone that is interested, Charge Point offers 20% off on EVSE until Apr 22, 2018.

https://www.chargepoint.com/en-ca/drive ... /earthday/

It gives a choice of their dealers in ON, BC and QC.

It is unclear though how much they are, i requested the price from the ON dealer...
They are sold by amazon.ca by the by. 20% off too.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

canadatoronto