• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 8:53 am
Mar 4, 2009
377 posts
101 upvotes
Ottawa
SCAS424 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 10:37 pm
Anyone get any updates yet on the ETA. I thought I'd have more luck asking here rather than my dealer.
Emailed my dealer yesterday asking for an update, he said nothing new to report.
Oct 9, 2001
833 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
Azer wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 2:57 pm
This only came up as I have the opportunity to get the Bolt Premier in the next week as opposed to ordering one and waiting the 2-3 months.
Can I ask how you are getting a Bolt without a wait? I assume a 2017? I need one sooner than 2-3 months and have one on order.
Nov 29, 2017
1 posts
Just found about this thread, should i be concerned that some of you paid 1000/2000 and rec'd a bill of sale?

So I put in the deposit at Agincourt Nissan (Scarborough,Ontario), $500. Chose trim level and colour. 55 in queue. Surprised that many people put down deposits. Not sure if its BS.
Apparently sale rep was saying how alot people wanted the two-tone white but its limited. So they asking Nissan to provide roof wraps.
Probably head down to Hyundai this weekend n talk to them about the ioniq.
Mar 4, 2009
377 posts
101 upvotes
Ottawa
Recieved this "Vehicle Pricing and Ordering Guide" for the 2018 Leaf from my dealer today, thought it might be of interest. I think most of the information in here is pretty well known already, at least I didn't notice anything that affected me. A couple of potential highlights:

Pricing:
- S = $35,998
- SV = $39,598
- SL = $41,998

Battery Warranty:
- "Lithium-ion Battery Coverage for defects in materials or workmanship (96 months/160,000 kilometers), the Nissan LEAF® Lithium-ion battery is also warranted against capacity loss below nine bars of capacity as shown on the vehicle’s battery capacity level gauge."

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L4chq ... JmxbqPGkpt
May 25, 2005
554 posts
106 upvotes
Interesting note on the last page about removing the two tone color option. Hopefully it just means that they can't make any more of them for 2018 not that they are not offering at all anymore. I haven't heard from my dealership yet and I am first on their list.
Aug 18, 2013
137 posts
49 upvotes
NCR
Azer wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 9:19 pm
Interesting note on the last page about removing the two tone color option. Hopefully it just means that they can't make any more of them for 2018 not that they are not offering at all anymore. I haven't heard from my dealership yet and I am first on their list.
I noticed that too and also saw on the Nissan website that it has been removed. When I reserved the car, I did ask for the 2-tone so hopefully what you are saying is right.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1168 posts
241 upvotes
Azer wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 9:19 pm
They removed the option from Canadian website but still available in US. I wonder what would be the real reason. I know Nissan USA is charging $645 for that option but I was only charged for $300.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9229 posts
690 upvotes
Mississauga
bose wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 8:40 am
They removed the option from Canadian website but still available in US. I wonder what would be the real reason. I know Nissan USA is charging $645 for that option but I was only charged for $300.
Money. They probably realized they could charge and people would be willing to pay.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1168 posts
241 upvotes
radeonboy wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 9:23 am
Money. They probably realized they could charge and people would be willing to pay.
Perhaps Nissan Canada wants to focus on moving cars rather than offering a unique colour. The factory could produce more cars if they stick to one colour instead of two-tone colours.

Automotive News says that new two tone paint schemes often add to the MSRP of a vehicle due to manufacturing practices that often involve the car running through the paint line multiple times. Many car designers add that it’s worth it to the consumer because a simple color change can transform their opinion of a car.

https://jalopnik.com/two-tone-paint-is- ... 1819749106
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9229 posts
690 upvotes
Mississauga
Same thing, Money Face With Tears Of Joy
bose wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 10:27 am
Perhaps Nissan Canada wants to focus on moving cars rather than offering a unique colour. The factory could produce more cars if they stick to one colour instead of two-tone colours.

Automotive News says that new two tone paint schemes often add to the MSRP of a vehicle due to manufacturing practices that often involve the car running through the paint line multiple times. Many car designers add that it’s worth it to the consumer because a simple color change can transform their opinion of a car.

https://jalopnik.com/two-tone-paint-is- ... 1819749106
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1168 posts
241 upvotes
radeonboy wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 11:08 am
Same thing, Money Face With Tears Of Joy
Yeah, everything is about the money at the end.
Mar 4, 2009
377 posts
101 upvotes
Ottawa
Yeah I noticed that, but thought maybe I was misreading it given that the two toned paint scheme is used in pretty much all of the advertising, so it seemed hard to believe they were no longer offering it. I imagine it was proving to be a pain in the butt on the assembly line somehow.
Dec 3, 2017
4 posts
I noticed it as well, and contacted the dealership where I put my deposit. They said it seems no longer available in Canada. Somewhat poor taste considering all their auto shows and ads on the website are with the two tone colour (and arguably the best looking on this car). Still being offered in the US, Japan and Europe. My guess is the overwhelming orders for this paint choice and Nissan deciding to only offer in the US in North America.
May 8, 2017
44 posts
2 upvotes
Hi,

I want to buy the 2018 Nissan Leaf, but there is no information about the final delivery date, One of the stealership says Feb., the other one is saying Apr.2018 as delivery date.
Will not be having any vehicle from December mid onwards. So should I rent a car in the mean time....or get into short term lease..... Or go for another car?
Renting cost for 4 months will be very too much... I drive daily for around 60-70Kms....