• Dec 12th, 2017 1:13 pm
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
367 posts
154 upvotes
greenfury wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 8:52 am
Hi,

I want to buy the 2018 Nissan Leaf, but there is no information about the final delivery date, One of the stealership says Feb., the other one is saying Apr.2018 as delivery date.
Will not be having any vehicle from December mid onwards. So should I rent a car in the mean time....or get into short term lease..... Or go for another car?
Renting cost for 4 months will be very too much... I drive daily for around 60-70Kms....
Why don't you buy an old winter beater for like $1500 - $2000 and use it for 4 months till the Leaf is available?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9219 posts
685 upvotes
Mississauga
It's true though, the two tone paint option is one of the most popular things about the new Leaf. The first things my brother and father said was the nice two tone white and black paint job. I'm sure others love it as well.
Electrichunter wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 8:35 am
I noticed it as well, and contacted the dealership where I put my deposit. They said it seems no longer available in Canada. Somewhat poor taste considering all their auto shows and ads on the website are with the two tone colour (and arguably the best looking on this car). Still being offered in the US, Japan and Europe. My guess is the overwhelming orders for this paint choice and Nissan deciding to only offer in the US in North America.
Dec 3, 2017
4 posts
To me it's a deal breaker. But probably most will accept it and choose either the full white or black.
Apr 6, 2017
37 posts
53 upvotes
where can i test drive a leaf in ontario? everywhere i go it seems to be gone
Feb 6, 2017
280 posts
95 upvotes
Electrichunter wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 9:32 am
To me it's a deal breaker. But probably most will accept it and choose either the full white or black.
That's a shame. The deal breaker for me was the lack of TMS and range but this is the icing on the cake.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1167 posts
241 upvotes
updoot wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 3:14 pm
17MY is all gone and 18MY is not available until early 2018.
Apr 6, 2017
37 posts
53 upvotes
bose wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 3:17 pm
17MY is all gone and 18MY is not available until early 2018.
aww man, i need a new car for feb cause my mileage on my lease is going to go past my limit. should i just yolo and put down a deposit or buy the ioniq?

my needs are 75-85 km a day

look to keep it for a long time - not planning to resell
Dec 3, 2017
4 posts
updoot wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 3:27 pm
aww man, i need a new car for feb cause my mileage on my lease is going to go past my limit. should i just yolo and put down a deposit or buy the ioniq?

my needs are 75-85 km a day

look to keep it for a long time - not planning to resell
Anywhere you go it's a 3-8 month wait for an EV, Ioniq Electric included.
May 25, 2005
554 posts
106 upvotes
Production officially started yesterday:

Nissan Press Release

I asked my dealership for an update and also asked about the two tone color. Hopefully I hear a response today and that all existing orders will go through.
Dec 3, 2017
4 posts
Keep in mind the dealerships didn't order anything, as no ordering yet available. They just took our reservations and gave the factory a number. If the paint code is missing when it comes to actual ordering time, then they won't be able to. They may be all allocated to US customers, but just a wild guess at this point in time. Truth is, it disappeared from Canada but remains on the US website.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1167 posts
241 upvotes
My favourite car reviewer.

Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
1499 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
updoot wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 3:14 pm
The EV discovery centre in North York. I think that's what it's called. You can also drive other EVs there as well except for Tesla's.
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
May 25, 2005
554 posts
106 upvotes
That was a great video review. Really solidified my choice to stick with the Leaf over getting a Bolt. The fit and finish and features are just so much better here than in the Chevy.

I did hear back from my dealer and they are now saying the first round of Leafs will be coming in late February. Hopefully this is not the case and we still see them in January. No word yet on the two tone color option.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41518 posts
10203 upvotes
If the 60 kWh came with TMS, I'll be okay without AWD but then Nissan is coming up with a sedan and SUV BEV.