Automotive

2018 Nissan Leaf Pre-order Q&A Specs

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2018 9:25 am
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2368 posts
192 upvotes
Just received the update, ordered April 7th - will be heading in this Friday to finalize papers.
Damage due to RFD Since April 2013: $3171.00
Aug 22, 2015
63 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga
Anybody noticed that when we use e-pedal vehicle behind us seems annoying, today I have a chance to follow another leaf and confirmed it is, following a car without brake light is annoying and possibly increase the chance of rear in....
May 1, 2007
154 posts
34 upvotes
Anyone pre-order their Leaf at Nissan Huntclub Ottawa in May and got any details feed back from them? This is the latest msg i got:
For all outstanding Leaf orders, Nissan Canada has indicated that they will do there best to fulfill them, however, I cannot guarantee your particular order will be fulfilled or when, if it will be fulfilled, it will arrive.

Very frustrating
Jul 18, 2018
16 posts
6 upvotes
Dan919 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2018 4:16 pm
Yeah, I was going to get a separate L2 charger, but with the rebate gone think I'll wait for a good deal. Also as others suggested we can just leave the Leaf EVSE in the garage instead of dragging it with you, I'll probably do that to save some $ to start with. That is assuming I actually get a car sometime this month!!!
The 220 plug needed isn't the same the as the conventional dryer/stove type plug. The plug can apparently be bought at Home Depot
Oct 11, 2010
72 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
JosephL178731 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 2:56 pm
Anybody noticed that when we use e-pedal vehicle behind us seems annoying, today I have a chance to follow another leaf and confirmed it is, following a car without brake light is annoying and possibly increase the chance of rear in....
Using e-pedal doesnt trigger the brake lights? I was under the assumption that it would show brake lights..
Jul 18, 2018
16 posts
6 upvotes
williwx wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 12:08 pm
I'm planning to plug in to my dryer (30AMP #10AWG), Is this setup good enough?
The AMP should work. The plug needed isn't a dryer/stove type configuration. Avail at Home Depot.
Feb 25, 2015
150 posts
36 upvotes
blues45 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 2:25 pm
Just received the update, ordered April 7th - will be heading in this Friday to finalize papers.
401 Dixie Nissan? Which model are you getting? Have the car arrived in the lot?
Jul 18, 2018
16 posts
6 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Aug 7th, 2018 9:15 pm
So it's official the ePlus will get the 60 kWh LG battery with TMS?
https://www.greencarreports.com/news/11 ... -batteries
Interesting review. Some notes, hopefully without incriminating myself:

Our Leaf delivered power smoothly when accelerating from a standstill, but it ran out of oomph at highway speeds.
(my wife and daughter are telling me that ECO mode on our new Leaf is slow and dangerous. So I pull out of a gas station in ECO mode. Stomping on it the tires squealed and laid rubber like my old V8 Mustang. On the highway without ECO, going from 80 to 13X the car seemed like a rocket. Definitely faster than most. Maybe not as fast the newer hot rods. But what do you expect in an econo car?)

The mushy handling doesn’t inspire driver confidence, and the soft suspension can bottom out, sending a nasty thump to the cabin. (Suspension seems fine. I'm not looking for a harsh suspension that will damage my kidneys).
Sep 24, 2007
399 posts
77 upvotes
Kelowna
williwx wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 12:08 pm
I'm planning to plug in to my dryer (30AMP #10AWG), Is this setup good enough?
I plan to try it once my car shows up. Rather than replacing my outlet, I took a #10AWG dryer cable and added a NEMA 14-50 receptacle to the end. That way I can plug into it without making changes to my home's wiring.

If it doesn't work out (ie. breaker tripping) then I'll pick up a charger with a NEMA 14-30 plug, such as this one from Costco:
https://www.costco.ca/Sun-Country-Highw ... 66895.html
Feb 2, 2017
87 posts
40 upvotes
JosephL178731 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 2:56 pm
Using e-pedal does triggers brake-lights, using b-mode alone doesn't.
Jul 20, 2018
8 posts
8 upvotes
Kingston, ON
suzukilzx6 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 3:28 pm
The AMP should work. The plug needed isn't a dryer/stove type configuration. Avail at Home Depot.
I believe the Leaf draws up to 32amps with the supplied 6.6kw EVSE cable, so a 40amp breaker would be needed otherwise you will keep tripping the breaker. Plus 8/3 wire would be a better idea. This is the range outlet needed HomeDepot.

*Edit: for those looking for a 40amp breaker BulbsCanada.ca sells GCFI breakers for much less than any big box stores. I saved $88 on a Square-D 40amp GCFI through them with fast shipping.
Aug 22, 2015
63 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga
Tikituk wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 3:53 pm
Using e-pedal does triggers brake-lights, using b-mode alone doesn't.
If you don't come to complete stop, how the brake light works? May be I have to follow my own leaf to find out.....
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2368 posts
192 upvotes
williwx wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 3:33 pm
401 Dixie Nissan? Which model are you getting? Have the car arrived in the lot?
Yup - 401 Dixie, not on the lot yet, they said in about a week or two, which might put them in time for their pre-Aug 15th, promise... but probably not.
Damage due to RFD Since April 2013: $3171.00
Feb 2, 2017
87 posts
40 upvotes
JosephL178731 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 4:08 pm
If you don't come to complete stop, how the brake light works? May be I have to follow my own leaf to find out.....
I don't know how, but it works - it was the first thing I checked when we tried e-pedal.
May 24, 2018
131 posts
25 upvotes
taydoc98 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 3:03 pm
Anyone pre-order their Leaf at Nissan Huntclub Ottawa in May and got any details feed back from them? This is the latest msg i got:
For all outstanding Leaf orders, Nissan Canada has indicated that they will do there best to fulfill them, however, I cannot guarantee your particular order will be fulfilled or when, if it will be fulfilled, it will arrive.

Very frustrating
I'm in same boat at same dealership - ordered April 22nd. Can't get a clear answer from Ken (sales manager) or my salesperson. Unless they are playing games which I don't believe is true they just don't have the answers either from Nissan. I was emailing weekly but I am now calling weekly. I'll report any updates I get.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)