• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2018 8:04 am
Jun 15, 2011
145 posts
67 upvotes
Ottawa
fromano wrote:
Oct 25th, 2018 5:51 pm
Does anyone know if this TPMS kit will work with the 2018 Leaf?

https://www.amazon.ca/MaxiTPMS-Programm ... 0YQKGKYFS1

Has anyone tried this out? If it's required to read existing, and it's possible I also have LeafSpy.
That looks like aftermarket stuff with its receiver, not sure if the frequency will match with internal radio. For comparison here is the OEM which cost 100USD per sensor. https://www.nissanparts.cc/oem-parts/ni ... Y3RyaWM%3D
May 24, 2018
137 posts
26 upvotes
fromano wrote:
Oct 25th, 2018 5:51 pm
Does anyone know if this TPMS kit will work with the 2018 Leaf?

https://www.amazon.ca/MaxiTPMS-Programm ... 0YQKGKYFS1

Has anyone tried this out? If it's required to read existing, and it's possible I also have LeafSpy.
I was looking into the same but decided not to simply because of cost. Quyngo has been using the Autel sensors with no issues. See posts from myself, Quyngo and Wackojacko around Oct 1st in this thread. Also I think you can go cheaper than that package you linked to. You can by the 4 sensors and then the pad I can see on Amazon for as cheap as $89.09 at the moment (link) That might save you a few bucks.
Let us know if you go ahead with this and how it works out for you.
Jan 16, 2007
930 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
Andro wrote:
Oct 25th, 2018 1:04 pm
Questions for Leaf owners that have done swap to steel wheels. Does your front axle (or whatever holds the wheel) have a center bolt. Both my fronts have some kind of center bolt like thing, whereas rears do not. I assume that's normal and I shouldn't do anything about it? Never had it in my other cars (VWs)

Pics below show rear with a hole in middle, and front with some kind of bolt like thing.

Edit : seems like it is normal, as Google shows its present in other Leafs on steelies.

BTW, 21 is the size of the bolt socket as others posted. Got in Canadian tire for about $12+tax. No problem swapping wheels on my own. Lifting points on each side are identifiable by grooves close to each wheel subframe. No warning light so far about absense of TPMS sensors, just blanks in tire pressure menu.
Mine looks exactly the same plus the TPMS light finally came on about a week after installation.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9325 posts
2696 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
NubNub wrote:
Oct 26th, 2018 1:12 pm
Mine looks exactly the same plus the TPMS light finally came on about a week after installation.
Thanks. I confirmed both of mine have that.

Finally done with swapping both Leafs. Both on steelies now, one rocking Yokohamas (included by dealer), other is rocking Evergreen tires (no name, Chinese brand). I like Evergreens so far, compared to Yokohamas.
May 24, 2018
137 posts
26 upvotes
NubNub wrote:
Oct 26th, 2018 1:12 pm
Bummer. I was hanging on to hope that the yellow light might magically stay off! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
May 24, 2018
137 posts
26 upvotes
Dan919 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2018 2:59 pm
Bummer. I was hanging on to hope that the yellow light might magically stay off! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Put my winters on over the weekend. Got my yellow TPMS light in about 10 min. :-)
Funny story, when I was looking into the sensors a few weeks ago one auto parts shop offered to sell me 'Nissan Leaf black tape' to cover the warning light as an alternative. They said it was even in stock. Bunch of jokers. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
1481 posts
692 upvotes
, ON
Is anybody still considering getting 2019 leaf that now there is no more incentive from ON?
Mar 8, 2018
42 posts
14 upvotes
Finally got my $500 home charger rebate today (Ontario)!
It was submitted back in May, and I've been hounding them since. I actually never thought I'd get it after the election. So...if you've submitted a rebate, don't give up hope just yet.
Feb 14, 2018
297 posts
143 upvotes
anotherbargainhunter wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 4:27 pm
Is anybody still considering getting 2019 leaf that now there is no more incentive from ON?
Not until the E Plus version comes out in January.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9325 posts
2696 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
EvMart wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 3:07 pm
Not until the E Plus version comes out in January.
January 2019? Pretty sure I read somewhere its not coming in 2019. Maybe I am wrong.
Feb 14, 2018
297 posts
143 upvotes
Oct 31st, 2018 7:22 pm
so all 2019 Leafs are E plus version?
Unfortunately no. There was hope that would be the case, but my dealer tells me that additional option of a 60 KWH battery will be announced in January, with deliveries starting in March.
Others are saying battery supply issues, could delay this option to the 2020 model. Time will tell. We have one 40 KWH 2018 Leaf, and don’t plan to add a second, until the battery size goes up to 60 KWH.
Apr 27, 2007
24 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Oct 30th, 2018 4:27 pm
I would wait as there are a few new long range ev coming to canada. Probably E-Plus priced to complete with the Chevy Bolt (base $44.4K)
Which you can look at Hyundai Kona, Kia Niro or Model 3.

Plus when Nissan says March 2019 that means summer. Just like this past year took over 6 months to get my 2018 Leaf, and I had put a deposit early in back in 2017.

Guess the one thing I am not a fan of is the slow charging on the Leaf while travelling, you only get the DCFC 45kw when your battery is below 50% it doesn't matter if the temperature is cool or not.
Besides that it's a great EV for the price we (ON) all paid ($14K rebate). But next year 2019 with a handful of new cars in the same price range $45K-$50 it's not so clear cut.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
1481 posts
692 upvotes
, ON
Jobbie wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 11:24 am
I would wait as there are a few new long range ev coming to canada. Probably E-Plus priced to complete with the Chevy Bolt (base $44.4K)
Which you can look at Hyundai Kona, Kia Niro or Model 3.

Plus when Nissan says March 2019 that means summer. Just like this past year took over 6 months to get my 2018 Leaf, and I had put a deposit early in back in 2017.

Guess the one thing I am not a fan of is the slow charging on the Leaf while travelling, you only get the DCFC 45kw when your battery is below 50% it doesn't matter if the temperature is cool or not.
Besides that it's a great EV for the price we (ON) all paid ($14K rebate). But next year 2019 with a handful of new cars in the same price range $45K-$50 it's not so clear cut.
I feel like I really missed out now that no more $14k rebate.

If I will be using it for daily driving 120 km return everyday, is Leaf a good option, or Prius Prime?