• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2018 12:44 pm
Jun 4, 2006
205 posts
36 upvotes
What did you email Allen? It looks like his email address is associated with the complaints department?
ES_Revenge wrote:
Apr 20th, 2018 5:31 pm
His location says Richmond so it looks like not applicable.

However I agree Simply seems like the best prices in the GTA and very good service. I emailed Allen yesterday, he got back to me very quickly, had my tyres in stock (everywhere else I've been had to order them), and had the cheapest price to boot! Within a few emails he scheduled me in today and I went in and was out in a couple hours :) Haven't put them on my car yet (I'm fully worried it might snow again, LOL) but at least it's one less thing to worry about (my old summers were in dire need of replacement).

Comparing pricing I got at various places:

TireRack w/US install, after exchange...would have been like $960 CAD and I don't even think Continental has a rebate there right now.

Kal-Tire even when they had the MARATHON code (was only valid a short time IIRC) was quoting me $980-something, all-in, including that $100 coupon code.

Another popular tyre shop, in Mississauga, quoted me $990 OTD.

All of the above are also basically order and wait for to come in/deliver options.

Simply was $953 OTD after early-bird discount, and like I said I got and appointment and got the tyres on within 24hrs of my first email! Now just to claim the $100 rebate from Conti and smile at a pretty good deal. $850 all said and done, I think this is actually the best overall deal I've ever gotten on a set of summer tyres!
Oct 16, 2005
445 posts
128 upvotes
Kinda late to the game, just switched over my winter to all season and they are almost bald.

Driving a Passat TDI. Need something for the summer which won’t break the bank.
I know someone stated Goodyear has double promo now until end of month.
Size: 235/45R18
Jun 4, 2006
205 posts
36 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2018 11:53 pm
Huh? I'm pretty sure he owns the place. But if you go on the Simply Tire thread he tells people to email him for quotes/appointments.
simplytire-2017-18-wintertire-wheel-pac ... 128742/14/
Ooh interesting! I didn't see that thread before, their website lists Allen's email as the complaints department, which makes sense if he's the owner!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
6811 posts
291 upvotes
York
Michelin rebate terms and conditions say Canadian Tire is not allowed?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1233 posts
2520 upvotes
Pawtucket
For those living near the border, Discount Tire has a Memorial Day sale next week for upto $100 rebate on a set of 4 tires and it stacks with any manufacturers rebates. I ordered a set of Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus for my SUV for just under $600 USD OTD incl. installation plus another $170 rebate back ($100 from Discount Tire and $70 from Pirelli). The rebates come in the form of a prepaid MasterCard and you will need a US address to receive the rebate. Might be a dealbreaker for some.
The difference between Discount Tire (B&M) and Discount Tire Direct (online) is one is the online company and the other is the Brick and Mortar company. They will match their online or other competitors' prices. You just have to call the store to match if you plan to install at one of their locations. If you do the Brick and Mortar, you do not need to install on May 25 or 26. You will just need to pay for it on those days but can schedule the installation on another day and you will still qualify for the rebates.

https://www.discounttire.com/promotions/memorial-day
https://www.discounttiredirect.com/prom ... morial-day
Sep 8, 2017
551 posts
388 upvotes
GTA
Goodyear rebate runs until June 15th.

But their cheap Assurance Fuel Max, and Assurance All-Season aren't very good from what I could tell in my research.

Apparently the Assurance ComfortTred is better, but it's also much more expensive.
May 6, 2006
73 posts
12 upvotes
Victoria
Do these rebates come up later in the year? Thinking I should replace my tires before the winter.
I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1166 posts
261 upvotes
Calgary
SamuraiPizzaCat wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 12:14 pm
Do these rebates come up later in the year? Thinking I should replace my tires before the winter.
There’s usually a set of rebates that comes up sometime around September/October that’s geared towards winter tires.
Apr 4, 2017
540 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
Any deals left on winter tires?