Automotive

2018 Volkswagen Golf and GTI

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2017 12:26 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 1, 2008
11128 posts
1419 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
hybrid09 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 10:53 pm
Dealer pays factory invoice for the car. That's why it's called the factory invoice... No one is getting 30% off. Of course there are incentives to be had from the manufacturer and from financing. Let's not forget parts, service and extended warranties, etc.
Before we go any further off topic, please let's just discuss the 2018 Golf and GTI. If you want to argue about "invoice pricing" then go create your own thread or resurrect one of the many dead threads about this.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2013
6026 posts
2139 upvotes
Toronto
hybrid09 wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 10:53 pm
Dealer pays factory invoice for the car. That's why it's called the factory invoice... No one is getting 30% off. Of course there are incentives to be had from the manufacturer and from financing. Let's not forget parts, service and extended warranties, etc.
OH ok that's how it works. Thanks bro, I didn't realize that for profit companies were into divulging their dollar cost per unit/margins on the unit to their customers for negotiation sake....
Member
Sep 9, 2008
416 posts
54 upvotes
Mississauga
Lynch wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 9:13 pm
Just got new prices for your cost+1000$ technique! Base 373$, Autobahn 441$
Damn $373 is a good deal! What are the lease terms, any down payment or loyalty discounts?
Newbie
May 7, 2007
44 posts
11 upvotes
Longueuil
I got even better now.

5 year - 16000km allowance - 0 cash - Without the loyalty reduction
Base - 366$
Autobahn - 437$


I find the gap between base and autobahn quite high... List price is 5k more or 70$/month on a lease... Is it just me or the added options is not that great for the price?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 8, 2006
8238 posts
1745 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Lynch wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 10:55 am
I got even better now.

5 year - 16000km allowance - 0 cash - Without the loyalty reduction
Base - 366$
Autobahn - 437$


I find the gap between base and autobahn quite high... List price is 5k more or 70$/month on a lease... Is it just me or the added options is not that great for the price?
What are the added options? Not very well versed on GTI packages
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 1, 2008
11128 posts
1419 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I would recommend adding the Driver Assistance Package. Insurance companies are rolling out discounts for having auto emergency braking right now. It may not mean much but it's a nice discount so take advantage of it while you can before insurance companies jack up the base rates because every vehicle on the road has this. Plus helps in emergency situations.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 8, 2006
8238 posts
1745 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
geokilla wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 11:23 am
I would recommend adding the Driver Assistance Package. Insurance companies are rolling out discounts for having auto emergency braking right now. It may not mean much but it's a nice discount so take advantage of it while you can before insurance companies jack up the base rates because every vehicle on the road has this. Plus helps in emergency situations.
Agreed. Have DAP on my R and like that option, adaptive cruise control is also a nice feature that is bundled in. Not extremely advanced compared to others, but good nonetheless
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 8, 2006
8238 posts
1745 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
hybrid09 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 2:59 pm
See order guide here: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31132
I see. Sunroof and leather are on my lowest priority, but everything else is a good addition, Imo. Would be nice if you could do more a la carte with GTI and R for that matter.

I'd probably go for autobahn though.
Member
May 5, 2016
334 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
Lynch wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 10:55 am
I got even better now.

5 year - 16000km allowance - 0 cash - Without the loyalty reduction
Base - 366$
Autobahn - 437$


I find the gap between base and autobahn quite high... List price is 5k more or 70$/month on a lease... Is it just me or the added options is not that great for the price?
Is this tax and fees included? Very tempted to get one. Miss my mk6 GTI.
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 1, 2008
11128 posts
1419 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I'm at Volkswagen right now and it looks like not even the GTI Autobahn gets the digital, Audi like dash. This sucks!

The larger MIB2 is very nice but otherwise as expected, the interior is the same as the MK7. The front headlights had the red strip like the ones sold in Europe but I think the rear brake lights and turn signals are the same as before and not dedicated turn signals. Will try and verify if I can find a salesperson. Having dedicated turn signals is important to me.
Newbie
Apr 23, 2014
4 posts
Vimont, QC
I am in Laval QC I have a GTI MK7 2015 lease is coming up,
spoke to rep at dealer they have Autobahn in the Dark Iron Blue
will go see the deals tomorrow,
report back the prices I get.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 8, 2006
8238 posts
1745 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
geokilla wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 3:01 pm
I'm at Volkswagen right now and it looks like not even the GTI Autobahn gets the digital, Audi like dash. This sucks!

The larger MIB2 is very nice but otherwise as expected, the interior is the same as the MK7. The front headlights had the red strip like the ones sold in Europe but I think the rear brake lights and turn signals are the same as before and not dedicated turn signals. Will try and verify if I can find a salesperson. Having dedicated turn signals is important to me.
I think digital dash is only for R and egolf for now. Maybe because they are made in same plant in Germany, whereas GTI and Golf are in Mexico plant
Member
May 5, 2016
334 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
geokilla wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 3:01 pm
I'm at Volkswagen right now and it looks like not even the GTI Autobahn gets the digital, Audi like dash. This sucks!

The larger MIB2 is very nice but otherwise as expected, the interior is the same as the MK7. The front headlights had the red strip like the ones sold in Europe but I think the rear brake lights and turn signals are the same as before and not dedicated turn signals. Will try and verify if I can find a salesperson. Having dedicated turn signals is important to me.
I think it does have dedicated turn signals and it would be amber this time.

Image
Member
Dec 28, 2015
379 posts
107 upvotes
Westmount, QC
geokilla wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2017 3:01 pm
I'm at Volkswagen right now and it looks like not even the GTI Autobahn gets the digital, Audi like dash. This sucks!

The larger MIB2 is very nice but otherwise as expected, the interior is the same as the MK7. The front headlights had the red strip like the ones sold in Europe but I think the rear brake lights and turn signals are the same as before and not dedicated turn signals. Will try and verify if I can find a salesperson. Having dedicated turn signals is important to me.
Yes, the interior is very disappointing, I was hoping the redesign would make it better but no go. It's very dated still

Top