Automotive

2018 Volvo XC60 - looks a lot like a little XC90 and starting price of $45,900

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2019 5:42 pm
Nov 4, 2008
626 posts
425 upvotes
GTA
geokilla wrote: It's on my Instagram but I don't think anyone who isn't a friend can view it.
I tried but we're not friends lol :D

So when is the S60 coming out?
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19157 posts
9081 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
brutus99 wrote: I tried but we're not friends lol :D

So when is the S60 coming out?
I don't work for Volvo so I don't know, but I'd venture a guess MY2019? Photos up on Imgur! Would you choose Bursting Blue or Passion Red?
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Nov 4, 2008
626 posts
425 upvotes
GTA
geokilla wrote: I don't work for Volvo so I don't know, but I'd venture a guess MY2019? Photos up on Imgur! Would you choose Bursting Blue or Passion Red?
Yup saw the pics, looks great! If I had to choose from those two colours, it would definitely be the Bursting Blue!
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
Macan GTS with 360 hp does 0-100kph - 4.6 seconds. 1/4 mile 13.2 seconds. If it is chipped, then you are looking at 4.2-4.3 seconds and mid 12 seconds range.

According to this UK site, this polestar estimates the upgraded version will do 0-100kph at around 5 seconds time (given the standard version does in 5.3 seconds). http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volvo/xc60 ... -to-415bhp

tk1000 wrote: The Polestar package will have a 21 HP over the regular XC60 T8.

"The Polestar performance package on the XC60 T8 tweaked the engine, gearbox and throttle response in order to optimize everything for a more pleasurable and powerful driving experience. The engine in particular was given more mid-range power and torque to take advantage of the rev range that gets more use in daily driving, and also to make it easier to embarrass Macan Guy. The transmission has been optimized around this bump in mid-range whee, with faster shift points and programming that tells it to hold a gear when cornering with high G-forces so it doesn’t upset the balance of the car."
from http://jalopnik.com/the-volvo-xc60-pole ... 1796807470

btyr3qmqpvaibdmmi5np.jpg
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19157 posts
9081 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Just want to add the inside of the XC60 is marvelous. And I don't say that cus I'm a Volvo fanboy. I don't like sunroofs but the panaromic sunroof was jaw dropping and it's a must have for me if I had enough money to buy the XC60.
booblehead wrote: Macan GTS with 360 hp does 0-100kph - 4.6 seconds. 1/4 mile 13.2 seconds. If it is chipped, then you are looking at 4.2-4.3 seconds and mid 12 seconds range.

According to this UK site, this polestar estimates the upgraded version will do 0-100kph at around 5 seconds time (given the standard version does in 5.3 seconds). http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volvo/xc60 ... -to-415bhp
The Porsche Macan GTS is a completely different vehicle from the Volvo XC60. The only thing that is the same is that they are both SUVs.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
Yeah, I don't think people cross-shop Macan GTS and a Volvo XC60.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
3488 posts
1532 upvotes
Toronto
Went to the dealership to check out the new XC60 today. Didn't do a test drive, but sat in an R-Design for a long time testing all kinds of features. Gorgeous car, and it feels very premium, but a miss in so many ways. It is really cramped inside. The previous gen was also cramped and this one isn't much of an improvement. The driver cockpit feels small due to the high position of the centre console, and my 6'3" frame barely had any head room to spare. Stupid to make it so cramped up front. I get it when the car is performance oriented like an Fpace or Cayenne, but in a Volvo? This is a family car!

Also very little storage space in the front and the car is clearly made for DINKs because the back seat is a joke. No recline or slide and only 60-40 seat fold. Even the old gen had 40-20-40. You also sit low down making it hard to see out. My kids were there and they agreed.

I had such high hopes for this car, but except for the looks, there is no improvement here over the old car. Our Discovery Sport is superior in every way. So much more room inside. I had truly hoped that the XC60 T8 could be our next car, but this car seems pointless. Why get an SUV when you get so little space? It's not even that tall. I sit down in it instead of the step up I have to take to enter our Disco. I'd say anyone looking at this car would be better off waiting for the next V60. If you actually want an SUV for space, get an XC90 or look at other manufacturers.
Glazers Out!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
^We went for a test driving this week too and came out very impressed. I am 6'1", I had to lower the seat but still felt great and with my seat 80% back, my adult passenger behind still say there was lots of room. The inside is very much a clone of the XC90 too and to us that is a good thing and it runs on a modified and smaller platform as the XC90, so it should really be that small.

The XC60 isn't all performance however, is there when needed by you can switch to eco and get awesome mileage on it.

Improvement over the previous model are in the engine, updated safety and UI for the system. ie. The center screen runs apps and you can sweep the screen, move tiles to where you want just like an ipad. This generation, you will get 4 yr subscription to the Volvo app, which lets you track your car, start it, preset for the nav. system, etc...
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
I assume not much of a deal on leasing the new XC60?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
We asked the sales guy about that and he said, "No deal. Supply and demand."
golden wrote: I assume not much of a deal on leasing the new XC60?
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19157 posts
9081 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
nx6288 wrote: If you're looking to get the XC60, make sure you ask about the European Delivery program to get a free vacation out of it as well.

http://www.volvocars.com/en-ca/shopping ... n-delivery
Last I checked, you only qualify if you purchase the vehicle in cash. Leasing and financing does not qualify for European Delivery.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
4253 posts
1078 upvotes
geokilla wrote: Last I checked, you only qualify if you purchase the vehicle in cash. Leasing and financing does not qualify for European Delivery.
oh wow really? it doesn't say that anywhere on the website:
Who is eligible for European Delivery?

If you’re a tourist, a diplomat, or in the military, you can have your new Volvo delivered to any one of 13 European destinations, drive it during your stay, and then have it delivered to your Canadian retailer after you return.

To be eligible for the Volvo European Delivery Program, you must be a Canadian resident and have a valid driver’s license and passport, and be at least 18 years old. Although we’re sure you could spend a lifetime exploring Europe, you must bring your new Volvo back to Canada within six months of taking European delivery to remain exempt from a levy of the EU VAT (25% of purchase price) by the Swedish tax authorities.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19157 posts
9081 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
nx6288 wrote: oh wow really? it doesn't say that anywhere on the website:
I wanted to do European Delivery when we took delivery of our 2012 S60 six years ago. It's possible they changed the program but I doubt it. If you're an American, American can finance their vehicles I believe.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Embrace the future

Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
6354 posts
1013 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Until you drive it, you don't appreciate the creature comforts and innovations of the Volvo.

The seats for example are very comfortable and ergonomic. Then you get all of the other features and smart stuff. Volvos are great pre-owned buys in Canada given how much depreciation they take in the first two years.
--
I like detailing cars!
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1508 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
Some ppl in rfd said volvo is now a china car so avoid like a plague.

Where are those people now...?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
The XC60 is made in Sweden. I ordered a 2018 XC60 R-Design. Chose it over the MB GLC, Audi Q5 and the BMW X3. Although it's not as sporty as the 316HP suggests, it's still a very nice SUV and the price is comparable to the others but but with more safety features standard.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)