Expired Contests

[Once] 2019/04/08 RBC - Feast In The Field (Must be an Agricultural Producer) Dinner for you and 49 Guests

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2018 1:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
1676 posts
19663 upvotes
Toronto, ON

2019/04/08 RBC - Feast In The Field (Must be an Agricultural Producer) Dinner for you and 49 Guests

http://rbcagriculture.limelightplatform.com

To express our thanks to Canadian agricultural producers like you, RBC Royal Bank® presents the Feast in the Field contest. Between November 5, 2018 and April 8, 2019 – enter for the chance to win an unforgettable 5-course feast for you and 49 of your family and friends, hosted by Chef Corbin.

We'll bring this family-style dining experience* to you – from the tables and chairs, to the locally-grown and Canadian food, to the celebrity chef that will help to prepare it – all you have to do is invite your guests!

An “Agricultural Producer” is:
a. an individual actively engaged in commercially producing or managing livestock (including fish) or growing crops, legally within Canada; or
b. a corporation actively engaged in commercially producing or managing livestock (including fish) or growing crops, legally within Canada.

There will be one (1) prize available to be won, consisting of a dinner as described herein (the “Feast in the Field Dinner”) held at a rural-based location in proximity to the confirmed winner’s residence, which is mutually agreed upon by the Sponsor and the confirmed prize winner (the “Prize”). The Feast in the Field Dinner will be for the confirmed winner and up to 49 guests (“Guests”) (50 people maximum), with an approximate retail Prize value of up to $50,000 CDN. The Feast in the Field Dinner will include a 5-course catered meal prepared by a celebrity chef, complete with music, and includes all furniture (tables and chairs), tents, décor, lighting, serveware, glassware and cutlery, and a generator to power all electrical requirements for the event. Transportation to and from the Feast in the Field Dinner is not included. In order to be eligible to participate in the Prize, each Guest (or a parent or legal guardian for those under the age of majority) will be required to sign a guest release form by the due date as provided by the Sponsor, which, among other things, releases the Released Parties (as defined below) from any and all liability in connection with the Prize.

Bit high in value, but I guess it's a memorable experience. Good if you fit into the category. Good luck.
7 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 2, 2009
45808 posts
706 upvotes
Penticton
Thanks! Good luck!
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2016
13050 posts
1465 upvotes
Doesnt matter, every…
Entered. Good luck to all.
Oct 31, 2018
36 posts
11 upvotes
MTL
I'm not involved in Agri so can't enter, but good luck to all who are eligible.
stinastr wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 9:52 pm
Bit high in value, but I guess it's a memorable experience. Good if you fit into the category. Good luck.
I don't think the value is too high. If you think about it, a decent or high-end 5-course meal per person is easily going to be somewhere between $100-$200, maybe even more depending on what exactly is being served (so that's already at least $5,000-$10,000 total). Then you have to remember the servers, the celebrity chef (he's probably 5-10k alone, I would guess), music (likely DJ), furniture, tents, décor, lighting, serveware, glassware, cutlery and generator. There's a lot more going into this experience than just the food and Chef.

For example, compare it to the cost of a swanky wedding (which are ludicrously overpriced to begin with anyway) and you'll see how quickly expenses for these kinds of events can add up.
First son born 20/11/2018, so I'm always on the lookout for good baby deals. Or good deals on booze, that helps too...
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4189 posts
6426 upvotes
Ontario
Make certain to share the contest news with friends who are farmers or people in agricultural societies!
2019-roll out the gold carpet! Wins to date: a t-shirt, too many Spotify playlists (not claimed), $25 Indigo gc, $5 Starbucks e-gc