Expired Contests

[Other] 2019/10/22 BOLDSTOK - DREAM HOMES COLLECTIVE AMATEUR PHOTOGRAPHY SKILLS Contest NO QC Win a Home for a year or 50K

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2019 1:54 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
1732 posts
20186 upvotes
Toronto, ON

2019/10/22 BOLDSTOK - DREAM HOMES COLLECTIVE AMATEUR PHOTOGRAPHY SKILLS Contest NO QC Win a Home for a year or 50K

https://www.boldstok.com

https://www.boldstok.com/contest-rules.html

To enter without purchase, an entrant must submit the following (each a “No-Purchase Entry”):

i. A written essay of at least 1,000 words on the topic of “How would you and your pet live in your debt free dream home” to freecontest@email.com. The essay must be an original essay written by the entrant in English that speaks to the topic in an intelligible, (the “Essay”); and

ii. A Photo sent to freecontest@email.com (for greater clarity, the Photo must be a clear visual of only your pet, and must comply with the requirements in Section 4. Any submissions containing humans in the Photo will not be eligible for the Contest and will be disqualified). The email must contain your pet’s name and your full name, phone number, email address, and address.

GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:

• Include the name of the pet and an optional caption.

• No human or human parts should appear in the photo.

• Simple enhancement, such as color corrections, are permitted.

• No elements may be added or removed from original image.

• More than one pet in the photo is permitted.

• No wildlife.

• Winning pet(s) must be shown in order to claim prize.

• Photo submitted must be up to 9MB in size.

• One photo per entry (unlimited entries per person/pet).

• The image must not have been used in any commercial endeavours or been paid for or published.

• Photos of deceased pets are permitted. Proof of pet with vet records or previous photos must be provided if requested.

• (1) Semi-finalist every (1,000) entries will be chosen by professional photographers.

• Finalists are chosen by a non-profit board of directors.

Enter and re-enter whenever you like because the odds are the same at any point in the contest.

The first place prize in the Contest is the legal and beneficial title to the house and lands legally and municipally described in the attached Schedule “A” (subject to all easements, encumbrances and interests noted on Schedule “A”) located at 1420 Prospect Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta, T2T 0X6 and subject to a residential tenancy agreement until March 31, 2020 (the “Lease”). The Sponsor will transfer the Prize to the confirmed winner of the Contest (the “Winner”), and to be clear this is not a cash prize but instead title to lands and the house situated thereupon without furnishings and with the following fixtures and fittings, all of which are “as-is” condition and without warranty whatsoever (the house and lands described in Schedule “A” together with the fixtures and fittings below noted, (the “House”): dishwasher (built-in), dryer, fan-ceiling, garage control, garage opener, oven (built-in), refrigerator, stove-countertop electric, stove-countertop gas, washer, window coverings-all, wine/beverage cooler, fireplace, and in-floor heat. Additional details about the House are available here: BoldStok.com

The House has been evaluated by an independent professional and its value has been determined to be $2,980,000 CAD. There are no liens, taxes, or debts associated with the House. The House is non-transferrable, must be accepted as awarded and cannot be substituted for cash or otherwise. The Winner may need to sign additional documents to legally transfer the House from the Sponsor to the Winner (and will be responsible for all costs thereof). Upon transfer of the House to the Winner of the Contest, the Winner will be responsible for all taxes, fees, and incidental costs associated with the transfer of the House, including but not limited to legal fees, property transfer tax and sales taxes. Upon transfer and receipt of the House, the Winner is responsible for all future costs associated with enjoyment of the use of the House.

The House is awarded “as is” and “as-available” with no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, being provided by Sponsor or any other person. Sponsor makes no representation, and disclaims and offers no warranty or condition, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of the House awarded in connection with the Contest.

The Lease is for a term of 12 months ending on March 31, 2020 entitling the Winner to a monthly payment of $4,475 less any maintenance expenses and management fees. A property management company shall manage the Lease on behalf of the Winner until the completion of the term.

The second, third and fourth place contestants (the “Runners –Up”) will each be awarded a cash prize of $50,000.

Lots to read, AND WRITE, if you want to enter, I don't know if this is legit, but seems like it just on a whim. Seems you can relocate to Calgary and live debt free for a year, or other prizes of $50K. Good luck!
11 replies
Oct 14, 2011
46 posts
66 upvotes
DUNDAS
I feel so stupid and am confused. Is it a lease to the house or you actually win it... to own?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
1732 posts
20186 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ericasin wrote:
Sep 19th, 2019 1:12 pm
I feel so stupid and am confused. Is it a lease to the house or you actually win it... to own?
I am pretty sure it's a lease, to live there debt-free for a while. They're not giving away the house, I don't believe, but I do believe it comes furnished.
Oct 14, 2011
46 posts
66 upvotes
DUNDAS
So I sent them an email and this was their response:
Hello,
The grand prize winner - wins the house and as well the lease until it expires March 2020. The lease may be renewed prior to March 2010.

thank you,
Bill, BoldStok Team

BoldStok WebSite: https://www.BoldStok.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thedreamcontest/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thedreamcontes
Sep 20, 2019
5 posts
22 upvotes
I am weary about this contest. It states they need 100,000 entries to complete the contest. Their facebook page has 546 likes... there's no way
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
1732 posts
20186 upvotes
Toronto, ON
keeekss wrote:
Sep 21st, 2019 6:45 pm
I am weary about this contest. It states they need 100,000 entries to complete the contest. Their facebook page has 546 likes... there's no way
I didn't see that. But I saw that a semi-finalist will be chosen every 1000 entries on their enter page.
Sep 20, 2019
5 posts
22 upvotes
keeekss wrote:
Sep 21st, 2019 6:45 pm
I saw that article too. It was also on Narcity. The global news one doesn't open anymore though. It says failure to load