• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2020 10:25 am
[OP]
Mar 23, 2013
28 posts
10 upvotes

2019 Caravan what did you pay

Hi all...

Going to try and help my sister purchase a new caravan here in the GTA. She is looking for a new 2019 Caravan, only must haves are alloy wheels and tint all the way around, not looking at the higher trims at all... but all info is welcome.

So.... what trim did you buy, and what did you pay out the door for your new Caravan?

Thanks.
39 replies
Apr 24, 2018
60 posts
37 upvotes
if you want to travel a bit to Cobourg and speak to Steve you may find some great deals
also check the preferred customer list If you or your sister works for a company on the list you can get a great deal
it is called the advantage plan
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
10673 posts
3006 upvotes
Toronto
Alloy Rims and windows tint

You can get the rims in other wheels shop, looks even better than Stock Rims anyway and get your windows tinted elsehwhere, not dealership.

Just get the ultimate base Caravan if these 2 were only her requirement.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2490 posts
426 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
+1 if your only requirements are alloys,

You can get the base and then use your steelies that come with the car for winters.

Just buy a used set of alloys from Kijiji that someone is selling off their van.

Use the alloys for your summer wheels
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
30957 posts
16725 upvotes
Ottawa
IIRC, buyers were able to get the CVP for around $23K OTR.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2013
28 posts
10 upvotes
$23000 OTD for a CVP is not to bad I guess, hopefully she can put in 1/2 grand and get the aluminum wheels and tint. I told her if she wants tint... go with factory, or the after market stuff may get scratched with kids as its just a film inside.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
3259 posts
530 upvotes
Brampton
nasmac wrote: $23000 OTD for a CVP is not to bad I guess, hopefully she can put in 1/2 grand and get the aluminum wheels and tint. I told her if she wants tint... go with factory, or the after market stuff may get scratched with kids as its just a film inside.
The factory tint is not available on the CVP. Also the windows dont roll down at all on the 2nd row sliding doors.
How old are the kids? The CVP will have a middle bench, which is tight for two child seats, especially if they like to bother each other (of course they will). If you put one in 2nd row and another in the back row, there is less cargo room and they will still fight over who sits where.
I bought the CVP and then went to a scrapyard and bought the stow and go seats with floor cover for about $350. They tried to sell me on alloy wheels for $100 each, but I didnt want any.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2013
28 posts
10 upvotes
Thanks for the info guys...

I think she's going to try for one trim model up from the CVP. She now tells me, both 2nd and 3rd row must stow n go fold... so the CVP is out I guess. The lowest I have seen online is about $27,xxx plus taxes for a SXT, SXT plus or 35th anniversary van , that will get her alloy wheels, stow n go with no bench and tint.... few other goodies with some of the various trims.

She is hoping for $2500 tax included...will see I guess. Man these thing were a lot cheaper a few years ago... for the same dam van!

Feed me some prices, out the door if you bought in the last 2/3 years.
[OP]
Mar 23, 2013
28 posts
10 upvotes
Anyone grab a new Caravan lately in the GTA area? if so, will you share your price.

End of the month is very near... need a great deal.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
3521 posts
2101 upvotes
Ontario
nasmac wrote: Thanks for the info guys...

I think she's going to try for one trim model up from the CVP. She now tells me, both 2nd and 3rd row must stow n go fold... so the CVP is out I guess. The lowest I have seen online is about $27,xxx plus taxes for a SXT, SXT plus or 35th anniversary van , that will get her alloy wheels, stow n go with no bench and tint.... few other goodies with some of the various trims.

She is hoping for $2500 tax included...will see I guess. Man these thing were a lot cheaper a few years ago... for the same dam van!

Feed me some prices, out the door if you bought in the last 2/3 years.
They went up around 2k when the Pacifica came out and Grand Caravan production lines were reduced.

Its always been around $5k to get full stow and go compared to the CVP.

In 2104 I bought one and fitted the folding captains chairs from a breakers that I got for $300. Dealership did a deal on window tint and i got alloys off Kijiji then used steel rims for winters. Paid $17.9 plus tax which was a great deal.

Having said that I traded it after 4 years because it was too basic - no seat height adjust, no hands free, only front windows open under power with third row windows manual and second row glass fixed.

These vans post 2013 have big brakes so I didn't need to change them in 4 yrs. Just got oil and filter on schedule and changed air filter myself.

Lots of buyers get drawn into the dealership by the CVP and and then get upsold especially if they are leasing.
"Never wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, and the pig likes it"
Nov 16, 2016
584 posts
468 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I'd get heated seats. Those are pretty much a must have for me now days.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
3149 posts
648 upvotes
Martin (deal addict) wrote: They went up around 2k when the Pacifica came out and Grand Caravan production lines were reduced.

Its always been around $5k to get full stow and go compared to the CVP.

In 2104 I bought one and fitted the folding captains chairs from a breakers that I got for $300. Dealership did a deal on window tint and i got alloys off Kijiji then used steel rims for winters. Paid $17.9 plus tax which was a great deal.

Having said that I traded it after 4 years because it was too basic - no seat height adjust, no hands free, only front windows open under power with third row windows manual and second row glass fixed.

These vans post 2013 have big brakes so I didn't need to change them in 4 yrs. Just got oil and filter on schedule and changed air filter myself.

Lots of buyers get drawn into the dealership by the CVP and and then get upsold especially if they are leasing.
What did you get instead?
Apr 27, 2014
355 posts
101 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Don't have the invoice in front of me but roughly 31k OTR for 2019 SXT premium with power package, bluetooth, nav, remote start, DVD player.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
3521 posts
2101 upvotes
Ontario
romsan04 wrote: What did you get instead?
I would have got the Pacifica Hybrid with $14k rebate except it can't tow. So I got a SUV for towing and that had all the features I wanted. I had two Grand Caravans and still have the 03 which I use for lugging big stuff around without worrying about damage, wear and tear etc. The 03 actually has more features than the 14 CVP had.
"Never wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, and the pig likes it"
[OP]
Mar 23, 2013
28 posts
10 upvotes
expatflame wrote: Don't have the invoice in front of me but roughly 31k OTR for 2019 SXT premium with power package, bluetooth, nav, remote start, DVD player.
Thanks... So far I have a 2019 SXT Prem-Plus for 29 OTD. The MSRP is 44. I was thinking of going out tomorrow as its the last day of the month, but the incentives may be higher for the 2019's in March... will see. FCA really inflates these sticker!!

25/26 OTD would be nice.