Expired Hot Deals

2019 Spring Mail-In Tire Rebates

Nov 17, 2012
411 posts
140 upvotes
Le Gardeur
PriceHunter wrote: Guess you are a little early?
As per OP purchases made between "April 1 – May 12, 2019"
I was looking for Falken at first and then switched to Bridgestone and I didn't pay enough attention on the dates difference. Regards,
Aug 27, 2010
57 posts
39 upvotes
Québec, Canada
The Indy 500 looks great, but I heard Performance Summer Tires are dangerous / ice pucks under 7 C. Here in Quebec we see a lot of cold mornings during Autumn, and I don't want to tire swap to my Blizzak too early. Anybody could shed some lights on this? My other choice in the A/S is the new Potenza re980as.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1481 posts
186 upvotes
Lévis
allaire wrote: The Indy 500 looks great, but I heard Performance Summer Tires are dangerous / ice pucks under 7 C. Here in Quebec we see a lot of cold mornings during Autumn, and I don't want to tire swap to my Blizzak too early. Anybody could shed some lights on this? My other choice in the A/S is the new Potenza re980as.
Yeah that's why I always use 4 seasons tires that are summer oriented. I change my tires pretty much at the right time but you never know if you're gonna hit a late autumn or spring snow.
Pourquoi pas?
Mar 18, 2019
1 posts
Any one know where to buy the best value tires? should i get one pair of the best 17'' all season tires or buy two sets, one for summer and one for winter but lower quality cheaper tires?
This is my list of high performance tires,
CONSUMER REPORT USA prices i think, 2019 I Choose the ones that where under 130$ also the ones that worked better in summer since i have winter tires that will last me another year maybe.
1/ Continental PureContact LS Price: $128 - ** Tires are in order of quality and performance
2/ General Altimax RT43 (V) Price: $99 -
3/ Vredestein Quatrac 5 Price: $104 -
4/ Firestone Firehawk AS Price: $92 -
5/ Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring Price: $110 -
6/ Kumho Solus TA71 Price: $89 -
OR Entry Level ALL SEASON TIRES on this list starting with the best ones first,
1/ General Altimax RT43 (T) Price: $86 -
2/ Michelin Defender T+H Price: $115 -
3/ Falken Sincera SN201 A/S Price: $79 -
4/ Falken Sincera SN250 A/S (T) Price: $81 -
5/ Nexen Aria AH7 (T) Price: $91 -
6/ Yokohama Avid Ascend (T) Price: $91 -
7/ Hankook Kinergy PT Price: $92 -
8/ Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 Plus Price: $113 -
9/ Firestone Champion Fuel Fighter -
10/ Firestone All Season Price: $85
Sep 9, 2014
551 posts
491 upvotes
Vancouver
Sorry I know I could do the research but are any of those tires the "all weather" types? I'd appreciate the feedback of people more knowledgeable than me. Thanks.
Mar 20, 2019
4 posts
Wondering if the Firestone Firehawk AS any good as summer tires?

Or should I opt in for CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS instead?

Any advice? Thanks
May 28, 2012
10481 posts
2600 upvotes
Saskatoon
BryanBreguet wrote: Sorry I know I could do the research but are any of those tires the "all weather" types? I'd appreciate the feedback of people more knowledgeable than me. Thanks.
We bought Michelin All Weather tires at Costco this winter when they had the $80 cash card rebate. It was time to replace the regular tires on the Mazda and we didn't have winter tires for it - all weather was the best compromise. We have two other cars with winter tires so didn't want to buy another set and have to store it.

If you are a member, Costco is a good place to buy tires but I'm not sure if they still have a rebate going.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1627 posts
875 upvotes
$125 rebate for RE71R is pretty hot.

Edit - did this tire go up in price? I thought they were much cheaper last year than what I'm seeing them now for.
Feb 12, 2010
2 posts
costco price on the 195/50R15 was 500$ for a set a few months ago. Now $540, -70$ costco card = $470. the 125$ rebate excludes costco purchased tires.
Dec 27, 2017
71 posts
69 upvotes
Anyone has experience about General Evertrek RTX? I have been trying to search for reviews but didn't come across any. Looks like they are made for CT.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4212 posts
2260 upvotes
I’m curious, what does “$70: Michelin® Passenger” mean? Is Passenger a type model from Michelin? I’m confused lol.
Sep 2, 2018
936 posts
861 upvotes
Blainville, QC
I have the Bridgestone Blizzak WS80s for my winter set. What would be a good summer equivalent? (Don't have to be Bridgestones, I'm just hunting for good budget summers). My car is a 2015 Civic Coupe (so, 16" wheels).
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2005
5782 posts
801 upvotes
BryanBreguet wrote: Sorry I know I could do the research but are any of those tires the "all weather" types? I'd appreciate the feedback of people more knowledgeable than me. Thanks.
Toyo Celcius and GoodYear WeatherReady are.