Automotive

2019 Subaru Forester To Be Reveal At New York Auto Show

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2018 3:42 pm
98 replies
Mar 17, 2016
648 posts
436 upvotes
I'm hearing they're getting rid of the turbo XT trim and manual transmission. I hope that's not true.

It will be interesting to see this next gen Forester and Rav4.
Mar 1, 2008
728 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
I can't remember but is the new Forester a new refresh with the new platform like the Impreza and the Crosstrek?
Feb 2, 2018
113 posts
70 upvotes
Montreal
Hindenburg1 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 9:27 am
I'm hearing they're getting rid of the turbo XT trim and manual transmission. I hope that's not true.
Supposedly, the XT may just be rebranded as the Forester "Sport". I hope so anyways, we're seriously considering the XT as our next vehicle.
aznblade wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 9:55 am
I can't remember but is the new Forester a new refresh with the new platform like the Impreza and the Crosstrek?
Yes. Should also have Apple Carplay and Android Auto.

New version of the RDX will also be revealed in NY. This time finally with SH-AWD.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
6657 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
Not expecting it to look great, but based on the Impreza, the interior and chassis should be big improvements.
Mar 1, 2008
728 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah. Never was a big fan of the Forester but I am excited to see what they do with the Outback next.
frogger wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 10:59 am
Not expecting it to look great, but based on the Impreza, the interior and chassis should be big improvements.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
6657 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
aznblade wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 11:11 am
Yeah. Never was a big fan of the Forester but I am excited to see what they do with the Outback next.
I wish the Outback wasn't tuned to ride so softly. I much prefer the Sportwagen in that regard.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
3573 posts
767 upvotes
Vancouver
frogger wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 11:13 am
I wish the Outback wasn't tuned to ride so softly. I much prefer the Sportwagen in that regard.
I like soft.... much less fatiguing after a 10 hour day in the car.

Jan 23, 2017
818 posts
652 upvotes
Calgary
frogger wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 10:59 am
The interior in the current Forester (even top of the line) is absolutely embarrassing for a car that commands $40k+.

My favorite aspects of the Forester are the visibility and comparatively good interior/cargo space.

If Mazda can figure out how to maintain visibility, and better use of interior volumes, the Forester would drop off my list immediately.

On the other hand, if Forester moved away from CVT (unlikely), and adopted an interior half as decent as the CX-5, it would be a home run.

Until then, I'll stick with my 12 year old X-Trail that has a comparable interior to a current gen Forester and refuses to breakdown.
Mar 1, 2008
728 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
I like the ride but maybe it's me getting old and grumpy at everything.
frogger wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 11:13 am
Mar 17, 2016
648 posts
436 upvotes
Some leaked pictures already surfaced on other forums. Apparently, according to multiple strong sources, they actually are dropping the turbo. It will just be one naturally aspirated engine choice - 2.5 L.

Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
2395 posts
1270 upvotes
Montreal
I wouldn't be surprised if they drop the turbo, it only accounts for single digit sales and they sorta have the Ascent to take up the spot.
OKSpring wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 2:04 pm
The interior in the current Forester (even top of the line) is absolutely embarrassing for a car that commands $40k+.

My favorite aspects of the Forester are the visibility and comparatively good interior/cargo space.

If Mazda can figure out how to maintain visibility, and better use of interior volumes, the Forester would drop off my list immediately.

On the other hand, if Forester moved away from CVT (unlikely), and adopted an interior half as decent as the CX-5, it would be a home run.

Until then, I'll stick with my 12 year old X-Trail that has a comparable interior to a current gen Forester and refuses to breakdown.
It's not a $40k car, starting price is less than $26k.

I think the interior is fine, 100% functional no gimmicks and everything is where you expect them to be.
Jan 23, 2017
818 posts
652 upvotes
Calgary
Every company who gets in bed with Toyota loses their spark, coincidence?

Come on Mazda, please prove me wrong.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3706 posts
640 upvotes
And. Does it still drink oil?
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8