Automotive

2019 Volvo V60, all-new mid-size wagon with optional 390 hybrid plug-in horsepower

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2022 8:04 am
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
2087 posts
2433 upvotes
Ottawa
tim-x wrote: What is Volvo's reliability reputation? Is it similar to Germans autos (Lease and never buy etc.)?
Worse than BMW and Audi, better than MB.
Oct 2, 2017
850 posts
608 upvotes
How much tho? Rather buy a Merc wagon if it's the same price
I'll see you at the top, cause the bottom is too crowded
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1868 posts
174 upvotes
Southern ontario
my last volvo was 261000 km before i traded it in last week. it was a 2006. I upgraded to a used 2017 xc90 t6 rdesign.
my bro still have my old 2009 xc70 with 150,000km and it is still running fine.

Audi, merc and bmw - lease, lease, lease. We had a 2008 c300 at the end of the lease was having electrical problems (the fuse box would always keep blowing fuses), bunch of other electrical ones, a 2009 c300 also had electrical problems toward the end of the lease and we never leased another one since. the audis - not too sure about the current gen, but i think if it is like the a6 and above, definitely lease.

that being said - if you are planning to get any volvo with the air suspension, lease it over buying it. those air suspensions are $1,400 each corner if you need to replace them. I had asked 2 service managers if they would buy or lease a xc90 with air they said lease only.
tim-x wrote: What is Volvo's reliability reputation? Is it similar to Germans autos (Lease and never buy etc.)?
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19152 posts
9080 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
x95zsk wrote: that being said - if you are planning to get any volvo with the air suspension, lease it over buying it. those air suspensions are $1,400 each corner if you need to replace them. I had asked 2 service managers if they would buy or lease a xc90 with air they said lease only.
To be fair, a lot of people say lease only because that's how the dealer and manufacturer gets business from you. You have to buy a new car from them every 3 or 4 years. The service department will also get more business from people who lease because when the car is in warranty, people generally take the car in for maintenance and service, thus giving them an opportunity to up sell.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1868 posts
174 upvotes
Southern ontario
geokilla wrote: To be fair, a lot of people say lease only because that's how the dealer and manufacturer gets business from you. You have to buy a new car from them every 3 or 4 years. The service department will also get more business from people who lease because when the car is in warranty, people generally take the car in for maintenance and service, thus giving them an opportunity to up sell.
completely understand, especially more so for the car sales guy, but this was a guy who i know personally. Even my indie said just lease if you get air suspension - too expensive to repair - no aftermarket solution - yet.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
Hungggg....... Soon.... Soon....
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
Are you asking which you should buy? V60 of course.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1290 posts
476 upvotes
I priced this over $60k easily and it wasn't even the performance version.
Heated steering wheel optional. On a Volvo!!! Shocking.
Does look good though.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
3135 posts
1308 upvotes
395 horse power but the battery seems a bit puny. :(
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
30106 posts
5547 upvotes
Montreal
Bb0231 wrote: 395 horse power but the battery seems a bit puny. :(
It's a PHEV in name only. It' mostly standard hybrid.
Nov 4, 2008
626 posts
425 upvotes
GTA
vivibaby wrote: v60 or xc60 or xc90?
It all depends what your needs are. I love the size of my XC90 and anything smaller wouldn't work for me and my family Slightly Smiling Face
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
brutus99 wrote: It all depends what your needs are. I love the size of my XC90 and anything smaller wouldn't work for me and my family Slightly Smiling Face
Shameless bragging bump...

;)
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Nov 4, 2008
626 posts
425 upvotes
GTA
koffey wrote: Shameless bragging bump...

;)
lol Face With Tears Of Joy🤣 This is a Volvo thread so I guess it's ok to do it here haha
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
1070 posts
851 upvotes
GTA
hi all,

looking into V60 recharge as my current lease ending early next year.

There are a few things I like about V60 recharge:

1. PHEV with decent range. with the green plate I can use HOV lane during rush hour and this will save me a lot of time.
2. Wagon. I love the utility aspect of the a wagon and too bad it is not more popular in NA.
3. Price is really attractive comparing to other European equivalents especially after the Federal ev rebate .

Any real life experience with the car such as range and reliability (comparing to Mercedes and BMW)? Never driven a Volvo but the car seems really heavy, more than 2000kg. Thanks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)