Expired Hot Deals

[Bell] $22 all in Bell Cell plan w/300 day. Unlim eve 6pm and text - SDM employees only

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2008 10:36 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15044 posts
749 upvotes

[Bell] $22 all in Bell Cell plan w/300 day. Unlim eve 6pm and text - SDM employees only

I hate promoting Bell however it does seem like quite a good deal. I'm still not sure I'd trust going with them however.

Ripped from the forums at Hofo. The OP didn't mention if there's a connection charge or contract required.
$18/mtn
SAF & 911 = $4
Total $22/mtn + Tax

300 Daytime
6pm Unlimited
Unlimited Text Msgs
Caller ID
Message Center (VM)
$0.08 per min Long Distance
$0.10 per min over the 300
Unlimited Bell to Bell Local calling

Currently offered at Telephone booth and Wireless Wave.
Need to have shoppers drug mart optimum card.

Offered until Dec. 31st.
Sign the petition from MP Sonia Sidhu demanding government 'dump the duties and taxes' on cross-border purchases
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/petitio ... s-2013921/
33 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
5576 posts
162 upvotes
NG wrote:
Dec 18th, 2007 10:36 pm
I hate promoting Bell however it does seem like quite a good deal. I'm still not sure I'd trust going with them however.

Ripped from the forums at Hofo. The OP didn't mention if there's a connection charge or contract required.
O_O

Holy crap. That's outstanding.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15044 posts
749 upvotes
robattoronto wrote:
Dec 18th, 2007 10:41 pm
Holy frig, that is nice.
Yeah I know. If there was a way for me to do it via top up cards I'd consider getting my old Bell phone hooked up again however I still don't think I'd trust these mofo's with my banking/credit card info.
Sign the petition from MP Sonia Sidhu demanding government 'dump the duties and taxes' on cross-border purchases
Nov 27, 2006
416 posts
7 upvotes
Ottawa
if you read the thread at HOFO it is outlined that it is for Shoppers Employees only... and apparently they verify
Jul 13, 2004
311 posts
8 upvotes
thanks OP! i'm going to call Bell tomorrow and switch my plan.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15044 posts
749 upvotes
yakkers wrote:
Dec 18th, 2007 10:45 pm
if you read the thread at HOFO it is outlined that it is for Shoppers Employees only... and apparently they verify
Da Mango wrote:
Dec 18th, 2007 10:46 pm
Seems like this is a Shoppers employee plan... most of us can't get in on this... wish i could..
Thanks. That thread was huge so I just scanned through the first page or two. Title updated.
Jul 10, 2006
498 posts
24 upvotes
You had me excited there. Blargh!

*shakes fist*
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
5576 posts
162 upvotes
Ctwizzy wrote:
Dec 18th, 2007 10:58 pm
Time to call retentions!
Let me know how you do. I'm paying 45 all in after tax for my plan and it's *very* similar to this plan.

I've got Touch Base and Voicemail as the only differences, everything else is the same.

Edit: And I don't have bell-to-bell calling.
Mar 10, 2004
89 posts
Toronto
It says SDM employees but if you look at the plan details in the first post, it says:

"Currently offered at Telephone booth and Wireless Wave.
Need to have shoppers drug mart optimum card."

So do we have to be a SDM employee to get this deal or do we just need a SDM optimum card (cuz most of us at least have that)?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
5576 posts
162 upvotes
Petabyte wrote:
Dec 18th, 2007 11:24 pm
It says SDM employees but if you look at the plan details in the first post, it says:

So do we have to be a SDM employee to get this deal or do we just need a SDM optimum card (cuz most of us at least have that)?
I'm currently on the Best Buy Corporate plan from about 3 years back. When I first signed up when I worked there they refused to apply the credits that I was supposed to receive until they could verify with a co-worker that I did actually work for them (they asked for their employee number, my employee number, etc).
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15044 posts
749 upvotes
Petabyte wrote:
Dec 18th, 2007 11:24 pm

When confirmation came in from two separate members I altered the post title to say SDM only. If you can point to where (in the thread I posted in the first link) they're wrong I'll be happy to change the title back.
× < >