Expired Offers

Locked: 23andMe's Deal happening right now!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2019 9:56 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 29, 2008
216 posts
136 upvotes
Mississauga

23andMe's Deal happening right now!

Guys, I'm going to keep it simple and brief. 23andme DNA testing is on sale again.

Ancestry + Traits Service - $103
Health + Ancestry Service - $124

If you're paranoid about having your genetic code being analyzed, by all means please move on, otherwise, it's a pretty great deal. I had fun with it.

Edit: for some reason: affiliate link links to the US site. Let's try again:
https://www.23andme.com/en-ca/
Share:
10 replies
Oct 20, 2017
48 posts
150 upvotes
Canuckticut
The issue that most people have here isn't that their DNA is being analyzed, but rather that it's being sold to shady corporations and given to spying government agencies.

If 23andMe pledged to respect basic privacy by not selling your DNA to the highest bidder then I would recommend it. But until then, be careful.
Jan 9, 2008
37 posts
35 upvotes
If you want to do genealogy, use traditional research methods. DNA is just going to be stored in databases and used for nefarious purposes.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5125 posts
985 upvotes
Toronto
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2004
2847 posts
353 upvotes
What a scam. give me $10 and I'll give you a random bunch of ethnographic origins and NOT sell your info to shady orgs.
Aug 17, 2013
564 posts
411 upvotes
Toronto
I purchased a similar kit (ancestorydna). Waste of money in my opinion.

If you have $120 dollars spare, go ahead. It does not add value to my life.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
6820 posts
1669 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
They used to charge me $248to sell my personal information to corporations for private profit and now want only $124?

Sign me up!

Can I give them my banking account number and PIN at the same time? Or is there an extra charge?
Earthlings, you're evicted.
You are not getting the damage deposit back.

God
Dec 24, 2018
152 posts
120 upvotes
Thanks OP! Bought one and found out that my distant ancestors were monkeys. Guess who ain’t going to church on sundays?;)