Hot Deals

[23andMe] Ancestry service kit, 2+ for $49, 1 for $69 (US only)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 7:22 am
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
3903 posts
853 upvotes
MooseV2 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:48 am
I picked it up over the border, and spit in the vial and mailed it off before returning. The return shipping is only valid in the United States.
Thanks for that. Very useful to know.
It's free postage I'm assuming to send the sample back right? I'm going to pick it up on a Sunday and post offices are closed on that day. Can I just drop it in the mailbox?
Sep 14, 2005
149 posts
67 upvotes
Totoriko wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 9:23 am
Thanks for that. Very useful to know.
It's free postage I'm assuming to send the sample back right? I'm going to pick it up on a Sunday and post offices are closed on that day. Can I just drop it in the mailbox?
From their FAQ's

3. Mail your kit

Domestic return shipping is prepaid at the time that a kit is purchased. Once you have registered your kit and provided your sample, drop the package off at any US Postal Service Mail Box (if shipping from within the United States). The box is already pre-addressed.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
3903 posts
853 upvotes
ms5133 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 6:25 am
From their FAQ's

3. Mail your kit

Domestic return shipping is prepaid at the time that a kit is purchased. Once you have registered your kit and provided your sample, drop the package off at any US Postal Service Mail Box (if shipping from within the United States). The box is already pre-addressed.
Is registration done online? Can I register after I've mailed the sample to them (after writing down any reference code), i.e. when I get back home?
Sep 14, 2005
149 posts
67 upvotes
There is a bar code on the side of the sample vial that needs to be registered on line. I did it at the border pickup depot, but I don't see why you couldn't write down the number and do it at home if you wanted to.
Their web site has complete details step by step on what needs to be done