Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

25% off humanscale chairs

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2018 11:35 pm
Jul 19, 2006
353 posts
134 upvotes

25% off humanscale chairs

Deal Link:
Savings:
25%
I'm in the market for a good ergonomic mesh chair and saw these are 25% off. Does anyone know if this is a regular offer or if this is a good deal?

Appreciate any other suggestions for good ergonomic chairs as well. Thanks!
48 replies
Aug 26, 2004
380 posts
140 upvotes
If you don't mind buying used chairs, that's probably your best bet.
These types of chairs are easy to clean and brands like Herman Miller and Steelcase last a long time.
Also, companies go through a lot of them so there are lots of supply out there.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2014
1044 posts
551 upvotes
any similar deals on steelcase leap and gesture?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2011
1510 posts
2731 upvotes
demon1102 wrote: Over $1000 after discount for a chair is too expensive IMO. I bought my chair at bestbuy. Good value I think.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/category/o ... 32469.aspx
Huh wut? My workplace has hundreds of Herman Miller $1000+ chairs as people sit their ass on it the whole day, these chairs are worth every shekel. <$150 chairs are jokes compared to these. 25% is a terrific discount. Used mint condition chairs are also great deals as these are super easy to clean.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2018
3474 posts
2697 upvotes
Vancouver
I picked up a Steelcase Leap V2 used for $400 and I feel it is the best purchase I have made in my life. Have a work from home job, so spend pretty much the whole day in it. No back pain, no nothing. It is mind blowing. We have Aerons at the office and they are great too.

I would say look at an auction site or used furniture shop. Mine was from Impact in Vancouver, found it on CL
Can't Stop. Won't Stop. Game Stop
Jul 22, 2006
97 posts
58 upvotes
Where do you see 25% off?
Freedom chair with headrest is the chair to get. This is the only chair that the headrest does not move with the back when you lean back. So your head is well supported. imho it's a much better design than aeron.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
1862 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
I sat in herman miller aeon chair for 5 years..there are pieces of it that breaks apart. Ie. the foam under your seat. the lumbar slider, and the arms aren't as maneuverable as i'd like.

I have to say, I like Steelcase better.

Im not sure about human scale as i know this brand is up there also. My brother uses Humanscale and loves it as well.

btw look for office liquidations. i picked up steelcase chairs for 25$ lol
Jul 19, 2006
353 posts
134 upvotes
If you click into the product, it shows it at 25% off. I also saw that it was 25% off at Nirvana at bay/bloor as well. Not sure if it's better to go directly to humanscale or through nirvana
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
7019 posts
1546 upvotes
Mississauga
foodaddict wrote: Where do you find office liquidations??
i'd like to know this too, looking to get a decent home office chair
Jul 19, 2006
353 posts
134 upvotes
I'm now intrigued by steelcase. Anyone know where I can try them in store? ideally on a weekend close to downtown
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2004
1550 posts
655 upvotes
North Vancouver
I picked up a used Steelcase Amia chair from a closing down office for cheap on CL in new condition. You see them regularly on CL, as well as Herman Miller and Humanscale. I'd rather go this route than a Staples / Bestbuy chair any day!
Oct 12, 2013
449 posts
181 upvotes
Surrey
I own the herman Miller embody that I purchased new and I absolutely love it , before that my old ikea chair gave me constant back pain. No more back pain! I can sit the embody chair for hours with out a bother . Paid about 1300 and I don’t regret it one bit chair still looks like new
Last edited by hugs29 on Sep 23rd, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2538 posts
5693 upvotes
Markham
demon1102 wrote: Over $1000 after discount for a chair is too expensive IMO. I bought my chair at bestbuy. Good value I think.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/category/o ... 32469.aspx
Cheap isn’t synonymous for good value. Bad ergonomics that harm your back long term, cheap pneumatics that break in a year or two, and generally low quality materials and design from China for however cheap is just not good value.

You’re probably still in your teen or early 20s. You’ll learn as you get older.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
da_hool wrote: I picked up a used Steelcase Amia chair from a closing down office for cheap on CL in new condition. You see them regularly on CL, as well as Herman Miller and Humanscale. I'd rather go this route than a Staples / Bestbuy chair any day!
What’s CL
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Jul 13, 2007
164 posts
73 upvotes
About 7-8 years ago, I replaced my ok Ikea chairs with meshed Herman Miller ones and to this day, I think they were a great investment. Super comfortable even after many hours and over the years, I've had numerous clients comment on their comfort as well. No way you can compare Staples or BB chairs with the likes of Humanscale, Steelcase or Herman Miller. BTW if you're buying multiples, you might be able to get "wholesale" pricing; my 8 HM chairs were about 40% of retail.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)