The 3 Month Tangerine Lottery thread

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2017 6:50 pm
[OP]
Jan 23, 2009
508 posts
170 upvotes
ontario
RBC E-Savings base rate 0.75% (with bonus interest till December 1 is now 2.25% if you deposited before Aug 1) this RBC promo rate went up every single time BOC rate increase started at 2.00% then 2.15% now 2.25% - Tangerine not doing that it is a shame for online banking

BNS base rate 0.80 up 0.15% from 0.65% even BNS increased their base rate by 0.15% two time and tang one time so far by 0.10%
May 3, 2015
33 posts
4 upvotes
BC
Tangerine has a $25000 limit for moving money out online. I have a linked account with EQ Bank. If I set up the transfer through EQ could I move more money out in one tranaction online? Or does EQ also have a limit?
Apr 16, 2009
876 posts
198 upvotes
Vancouver
Grahamk wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 12:08 pm
Tangerine has a $25000 limit for moving money out online. I have a linked account with EQ Bank. If I set up the transfer through EQ could I move more money out in one tranaction online? Or does EQ also have a limit?
If you pull the funds with EQ, there's a 5 day hold on anything over $5k.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10512 posts
3335 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Just call TING on their 1-800 and they'll be happy to move as much as you have to any linked account, includig EQB. The $25k limit is just for online.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1166 posts
201 upvotes
Regarding the next Tangerine lotto promo:

If all my funds leave Tangerine on Oct. 2 will my balance be $0 on the snapshot date or will that be too late?

I am thinking of pulling from EQ on Sep 28 to have a double interest weekend.
Jul 22, 2015
49 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
They will ask you why you are moving your money, so if they ask if they can check what rate they can give you, don't bite. I did that the last few times, and when I didnt accept their offer, they ask if I was declining it. I always say that I am not accepting or declining. Just want to move money out.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
2135 posts
492 upvotes
minimalist wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 1:48 pm
Regarding the next Tangerine lotto promo:

If all my funds leave Tangerine on Oct. 2 will my balance be $0 on the snapshot date or will that be too late?

I am thinking of pulling from EQ on Sep 28 to have a double interest weekend.
based on the past promotions, you should be ok. Doing it on 28th will give you 3 extra days of 2.3% from EQ and 1 day of 0.9% from TING. If you have $500K and if I've done my math correctly, you probably get ~$107 extra for the 4 days.
Feb 1, 2012
637 posts
516 upvotes
TORONTO
Grahamk wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 12:08 pm
It might depend on your previous transactions. I have moved $50k out of TING online multiple times, and have moved $100k online into TING. Try and see if it works, especially if you have called in large transactions, they may have adjusted your limits.
Invest your time actively and your money passively.
Jul 2, 2015
171 posts
49 upvotes
OTTAWA,ON
Deepwater wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 3:31 pm
It might depend on your previous transactions. I have moved $50k out of TING online multiple times, and have moved $100k online into TING. Try and see if it works, especially if you have called in large transactions, they may have adjusted your limits.
Agree completely, about 6 months ago I moved all of my cash out 50k at a time without having to phone in. I left a dollar in the account and moved to greener pastures, no more begging every 90 days or playing silly games.Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
May 3, 2015
33 posts
4 upvotes
BC
Tried to set up a move of $49000 on Sept. 25 and it wouldn't let me. Guess I will have to phone.
Dec 11, 2009
343 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Anybody else getting calls from Tangerine about a "private" offer?
I was told that a few "selected" customers would be offered this rate, but had to call in to be told what it was.
I was skipped during the last promo, so I moved all my money out to EQ. I'm wondering if this is them finally noticing that my money isn't there anymore, and they want it back? LOL.
This isn't falling under the usual "lotto promo" dates, so do you think accepting it will mess me up for the next "promo?"
May 5, 2012
251 posts
62 upvotes
CALGARY
quick72toy wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 2:11 pm
I was told that a few "selected" customers would be offered this rate, but had to call in to be told what it was.
I was skipped during the last promo, so I moved all my money out to EQ. I'm wondering if this is them finally noticing that my money isn't there anymore, and they want it back? LOL.
This isn't falling under the usual "lotto promo" dates, so do you think accepting it will mess me up for the next "promo?"
What is the rate though?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1423 posts
387 upvotes
quick72toy wrote:
I would be very suspicious about such a call, it might by phishing. Do not answer 'Yes' to any question. Tell them to send you an email, since they should have the email address associated with your account.
Jul 2, 2015
171 posts
49 upvotes
OTTAWA,ON
akaManny wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 2:44 pm
I would be very suspicious about such a call, it might by phishing. Do not answer 'Yes' to any question. Tell them to send you an email, since they should have the email address associated with your account.
Tangerine seems to becoming up with dumber & dumber ideas every month. IIRC, when I used to deal with Tang I left a box unchecked that gave them permission to contact me by phone. One would think that in 2017, with all of the scams that are going on, Tang would refrain from pestering their clients via the telephone.

They are an on-line bank, ergo, they have everyone's email address so why not show a little respect and just send the offer ?

Oh, I forgot, I really believe that they like people to have to phone in and beg.Face With Tears Of Joy

Another note, JMO, but anyone accepting an offer before the end of September will probably be excluded from the October lottery because they will be on a 90 day offer.
Feb 29, 2016
3 posts
1 upvote
quick72toy wrote:
I got 2.75% for 90 days on the whole balance.

Will probably miss the lotto but good enough.
Last edited by starmasminder on Sep 13th, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)