The 3 Month Tangerine Lottery thread

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2017 6:50 pm
Sep 6, 2009
406 posts
80 upvotes
Kontos wrote:
Apr 5th, 2017 11:56 pm
I had some money in the savings at 2.4% and got the offer for 3.21%. It says new funds so if I open a TFSA and move from the savings to TFSA that will count? And if there's another promo after this I'll move back into the savings? Would that work? Or does it actually have to be new funds from outside tangerine?
I think this is ok. See 10d.

10. The following transactions will be considered Eligible Deposits to which Additional Interest will apply:
Money transferred from a Tangerine Chequing Account to an Applicable Account.
Money transferred from another financial institution, including the Eligible Client's linked account, to an Applicable Account.
Money transferred by Tangerine Email Money Transfer or Interac e-Transfer to an Applicable Account.
Money transferred from a Savings Account into an Applicable TFSA Savings Account.
Money transferred from a US$ Savings Account into an Applicable TFSA Savings Account.
Money transferred from a Tax-Free Savings Account at another financial institution to an Applicable TFSA Savings Account.
Mar 4, 2016
275 posts
81 upvotes
Thank you! So after this promo period I should transfer out of tangerine until they have a new offer, and I can transfer into my savings at tangerine and then for the next offer I can transfer again from savings to TFSA. Only downside is using up my Tfsa room but I'm no where near maxed
Feb 11, 2009
883 posts
154 upvotes
Not sure what to do. I got the 2.79% offer but my money is in TFSA so I didn't pull it out at the end of March.

Hope PC makes an offer and it is worth the charge of switching over.
Oct 13, 2006
22 posts
Vancouver
I got 3.04%. Money moved back from chequing to savings account :)
May 5, 2012
258 posts
63 upvotes
CALGARY
dadizhu wrote:
Apr 6th, 2017 12:07 am
I think this is ok. See 10d.

10. The following transactions will be considered Eligible Deposits to which Additional Interest will apply:
Money transferred from a Tangerine Chequing Account to an Applicable Account.
Money transferred from another financial institution, including the Eligible Client's linked account, to an Applicable Account.
Money transferred by Tangerine Email Money Transfer or Interac e-Transfer to an Applicable Account.
Money transferred from a Savings Account into an Applicable TFSA Savings Account.
Money transferred from a US$ Savings Account into an Applicable TFSA Savings Account.
Money transferred from a Tax-Free Savings Account at another financial institution to an Applicable TFSA Savings Account.
How about money transferred from TFSA Savings Account into Savings Account?
Oct 22, 2006
689 posts
386 upvotes
Ontario
Parked my money in chequing, but got no offer.

Just as well, as I then emptied the account to TD for investment in mutual funds instead. I'm pretty confident Mawer funds will provide a better return than their paltry interest rate.

I guess I'll be abandoning TING sooner than I thought!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
4659 posts
1580 upvotes
ohmer wrote:
Apr 5th, 2017 7:56 pm
I think Tangerine promo are just random, don't try to understand them...
With close to 800 posts in this thread there doesn't seem to be any evidence to suggest that your statement isn't absolutely true.

My offers have bounced all over the place to the point where I communicated with them during the last quarter that if they're really serious about raising capital to only make me serious offers in the future and I would immediately fund the account to the max. Got what appears to be the max offer this time. Coincidence? Probably. :rolleyes:
Apr 7, 2013
227 posts
69 upvotes
Deux-Montagnes, QC
Edit: Look like its ok to transfer between tfsa and saving base on term
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2009
1314 posts
221 upvotes
I got nothing... how did you guys get these offers? Did something pop-up when you signed in? Is it TFSA only?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
5186 posts
1013 upvotes
BC
It seems that the new leadership at Tangerine has a mission to create client frustration and animosity.

The current promo under Brenda has randomness and inequality far exceeding those under Peter.

Would be interesting to know what their long-term plan really is.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
2154 posts
494 upvotes
PunPryde wrote:
Apr 6th, 2017 10:44 am
I got nothing... how did you guys get these offers? Did something pop-up when you signed in? Is it TFSA only?
It's very random and no one has yet figured out the criteria or the pattern. For our family (my daughter, my wife and myself) we all got 2.95% in the fall, then in the winter promotion, my daughter was dropped off the list, only my wife & I received 3.25%. This one, I am the only one received 2.97% offer. The way it goes, I guess next one (in July), none of us will get any (providing they still do this)
Aug 24, 2003
809 posts
77 upvotes
gvrd
hi got the 3.21% for new deposits only

i didn't move my money from savings.

if i took out my money to chequing then back to savings, does that count as new deposits? it didnt say anything about taking a snap shot of your account like those PCF offers

thanks
Dec 3, 2015
11 posts
6 upvotes
Nipawin, SK
barqy wrote:
Apr 6th, 2017 12:24 pm

if i took out my money to chequing then back to savings, does that count as new deposits? it didnt say anything about taking a snap shot of your account like those PCF offers

thanks
They took a snapshot on Apr 4th, have to read the fine print.

"During the Offer Period, the Bank will calculate Additional Interest for new deposits to Applicable Accounts each time the sum of the daily balances in each Applicable Account exceeds the corresponding Applicable Account Type balance as at April 04, 2017 to a maximum of $500,000 per Applicable Account Type ("Eligible Deposits"). Additional Interest will only apply to net new Eligible Deposits that raise the Applicable Account Type balance above the April 04, 2017 balances and the balances in an Applicable Account Type that are equal to or less than the Applicable Account Type balances as at April 04, 2017 will not earn Additional Interest."
Last edited by kaleido on Apr 6th, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5204 posts
1002 upvotes
Montreal
barqy wrote:
Apr 6th, 2017 12:24 pm

thanks
Sure it does. #18 under eligibility.
Applicable Accounts opened prior to April 04, 2017 are eligible for Additional Interest on the sum of daily Applicable Account Type balances that exceeds the sum of closing Applicable Account Type balances as at April 04, 2017.
[OP]
Jan 23, 2009
508 posts
170 upvotes
ontario
I agree that Tangerine promo are just random, don't try to understand them...

But I think it look like if we accepted the 2% offer in the past we need to wait one or two quarters before we start getting those random offer however I could be 100% wrong. Anyone was in the retention and didn't call to extend the 2% and received the random offer ? ty

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)