• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 10:23 pm
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
25 posts
6 upvotes
kiasu wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 6:52 pm
I applied online last week and still haven't received their snailmail...has anyone received?
What about any email ?

I have received nothing so far. Pretty much applied on the first day. No email , No snail mail nothing ! Not even a confirmation email stating we have received your application & processing it.

Simplii literally has thousands of NEW customers waiting at Tangerine to transfer their money to Simplii for the 3 % and Simplii is screwing up.
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
25 posts
6 upvotes
mkannuri wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:28 am
UPDATE:
I have applied on Nov 1st and received the snail mail yesterday and when I tried to activate the account, it was routed to CSR and advised that account wont get activated until the signature card is signed and sent back along with check self made for amount of $25 or Opt for the email where you will receive a barcode which should be brought back to nearest Postal office for identity verification.
Ontop of it I got dinged with Hard Pull for even Savings account opening :-(
When I asked about opening up an checking account as I already got credit pull, they said..it will be another hard pull..

What a waste of time...I should have stayed away and could have used my credit pull for another FI or CC to get some sign on bonus..instead of 0.5% interest hike that too for 4 months..
Just my two cents guys...its not worth the hassle of account setup for peanuts of the interest with credit score dinge.
So they don't send this email automatically ? We have to wait for the snail mail package and then decide if we want to mail them a signature card/ Self mailed check or go for their email/postal verification ?

What a gong show !

Some people are :

1. Receiving a confirmation first email saying we have received your online application ( but not activated the account yet )
2. Receiving the second email where you have to confirm the identity at the post office
3. Receiving the welcome package in mail by post to send a signature card & SELF cheque.

I haven't received ANY of the 3 above so far !
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
2220 posts
1545 upvotes
Markham
utuber wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:16 am
What about any email ?

I have received nothing so far. Pretty much applied on the first day. No email , No snail mail nothing ! Not even a confirmation email stating we have received your application & processing it.

Simplii literally has thousands of NEW customers waiting at Tangerine to transfer their money to Simplii for the 3 % and Simplii is screwing up.
I got an email confirmation 2 days after application.
Still waiting for the snailmail.
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
25 posts
6 upvotes
drdtyc wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:23 am
I got an email confirmation 2 days after application.
Still waiting for the snailmail.
What about the second email they send you with a bar code or a reference # on it, which you then take it to the Postal office with your Photo ID. And the Post office verifies you ?

If you got that, no need to wait for the snail mail package. You can activate/verify your account both ways.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
2220 posts
1545 upvotes
Markham
utuber wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:28 am
What about the second email they send you with a bar code or a reference # on it, which you then take it to the Postal office with your Photo ID. And the Post office verifies you ?

If you got that, no need to wait for the snail mail package. You can activate/verify your account both ways.
No second email to me?!
Jan 20, 2013
99 posts
7 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo
Is it safe to deposit more than 100k with Simplii?
Oct 16, 2012
972 posts
370 upvotes
EDMONTON
Panason wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:25 pm
Is it safe to deposit more than 100k with Simplii?
Yes in general since CIBC is fairly stable and I can't see them belly up but note that CDIC will only protect you up to a maximum of $100,000 (principal and interest combined) per depositor per insured category:

http://www.cdic.ca/en/about-di/what-we- ... fault.aspx
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9050 posts
588 upvotes
Mississauga
Wow what a joke, I don't know if its because I did not give my SIN number in their sign up page on the first day, or I may have messed something up during the sign up because I was rushing to finish the application before I left to work in the morning, but I got their snail mail today and they declined me based on whatever they got from Equifax. Interesting because I know the last time I checked last year, I have a credit score over 800 and carrying mortgage, etc. They said I can contact Equifax for more information, and re contact Simplii, but its turning out to be a big hassle, I'm just going to park my money at EQ. LOL. Sigh this must have been a hard pull and messed up my credit score, I have to check.

Edit : the only other thing I can think of is that my info was part of the home depot hack and I subscribed to Equifax, and then they had the Equifax hack. Maybe something happened with my file, I have to check.
Jul 14, 2013
207 posts
8 upvotes
How do you know that there was a credit pull? I did not enter my SIN.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
1621 posts
325 upvotes
Ottawa
radeonboy wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 5:44 pm
Wow what a joke, I don't know if its because I did not give my SIN number in their sign up page on the first day, or I may have messed something up during the sign up because I was rushing to finish the application before I left to work in the morning, but I got their snail mail today and they declined me based on whatever they got from Equifax. Interesting because I know the last time I checked last year, I have a credit score over 800 and carrying mortgage, etc. They said I can contact Equifax for more information, and re contact Simplii, but its turning out to be a big hassle, I'm just going to park my money at EQ. LOL. Sigh this must have been a hard pull and messed up my credit score, I have to check.

Edit : the only other thing I can think of is that my info was part of the home depot hack and I subscribed to Equifax, and then they had the Equifax hack. Maybe something happened with my file, I have to check.
oh geez, wth. I really hope it isn't a hard check on the credit score. It is just opening a bank account, why would they need to do that? I need to apply for a mortgage in a couple of months and don't need that crap on my record right now.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2004
9050 posts
588 upvotes
Mississauga
I should clarify that I'm only guessing that it is a hard pull, I can be incorrect about this, but it is what I heard when opening up accounts. I could be totally wrong about it being a hard pull.
May 3, 2008
145 posts
55 upvotes
Markham
I always wonder why a bank needs any credit score check at all when someone is opening a savings account and giving them the money. It should be the other way round :)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7520 posts
1300 upvotes
wongmb wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 9:35 am
I always wonder why a bank needs any credit score check at all when someone is opening a savings account and giving them the money. It should be the other way round :)
because banks (and any other corporate) wants to know EVERYTHING about you. They can then sell you credits (which makes them lot of money if you accept and use them) or sell your info (less likely but possible).

Why does Uber builds a digital map of your whereabouts and stores it? Your information and spending habits make company a lot of $$$
Feb 16, 2012
3 posts
Greater Sudbury
rb wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 8:22 am
There are always better offers - EQ bank has 2.3% , come next March I am sure there will be offers somewhere much better than the ones stated
I'm curious about you guys who chase teaser interest rates on savings accounts. Say I have 40K which I need to be able to access fairly quickly . . is it worth the trouble to move it around every 3 months to chase the latest, highest teaser rate? Or should I just put it into something like WealthOne Canada or EQ Bank which have consistant rates of 2.5 to 2.3 which are NOT temporary teaser rates.