Hot Deals

[Simplii Financial] 3% promo on new deposits for 4 months from Simplii

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2017 12:47 am
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
22 posts
7 upvotes
Got an email today from Simplii asking me to do the Canada Post Verification and to send them a Signature Card via email.

The Canada Post verification is easy and the instructions are clear.

But sending the signature card back to them via email is a bit confusing & vague. Any NEW Simplii customer's, who were asked to do the same.

How did you send the Signature card back to them via email ? Did you just physically sign it , scan it and send it as an attachment via email ? TIA
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
22 posts
7 upvotes
Simplii Savings to Tangerine Savings can you transfer money directly ? i.e both PUSHING and PULLING from Simplii side and also from Tangerine side ?

Or do you have to open a Simplii Checking account for that ?
Nov 13, 2017
9 posts
I applied for new account on Nov 2, and haven't got anything from them.Astonished Face
Jun 23, 2017
243 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wethenorthca wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 1:02 am
Simplii Savings to Tangerine Savings can you transfer money directly ? i.e both PUSHING and PULLING from Simplii side and also from Tangerine side ?

Or do you have to open a Simplii Checking account for that ?
From Tangerine side .... I'm set up to Push Tangerine Savings to Simplli Savings AND Pull Simplii Savings to Tangerine Savings

From Simplii side ... I'm set up to Push Simplli Savings to Tangerine CHEQUING AND Pull Tangerine CHEQUING to Simplii Savings

From the Simplii side, I've not been able to link my Tangerine Savings because I don't have cheques from Tangerine Savings.
Jun 16, 2008
128 posts
186 upvotes
Brampton
wethenorthca wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:41 pm
Got an email today from Simplii asking me to do the Canada Post Verification and to send them a Signature Card via email.

The Canada Post verification is easy and the instructions are clear.

But sending the signature card back to them via email is a bit confusing & vague. Any NEW Simplii customer's, who were asked to do the same.

How did you send the Signature card back to them via email ? Did you just physically sign it , scan it and send it as an attachment via email ? TIA
Yes, physically sign it , scan it and send it as an attachment via email.
Sep 16, 2016
90 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
I need to move out my money from Simplii first and then deposit a cheque again. Why don't they just honor those already moved-in funds as a new deposit? But anyway, 3%, the rate is very good now.
If we can dream it, we can make it!
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2603 posts
427 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
905P4N6 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 9:09 am
From Tangerine side .... I'm set up to Push Tangerine Savings to Simplli Savings AND Pull Simplii Savings to Tangerine Savings

From Simplii side ... I'm set up to Push Simplli Savings to Tangerine CHEQUING AND Pull Tangerine CHEQUING to Simplii Savings

From the Simplii side, I've not been able to link my Tangerine Savings because I don't have cheques from Tangerine Savings.
How long do transfers take. Here's some timing i have from the past.

EQBank pull money from TDBank. Happens within minutes. I get the notification from EQBank that the funds have been transferred and can see the balance in EQBank.
EQBank push money to TDBank. Took 12--24 hours.

Old PCFinancial pull money from TDBank. Took 24-48 hours.
Old PCFinancial push money to TDBank. Took 24-48 hours.

I'm curious both what it takes for other banks and also why my eqbank pull from tdbank always seems to be instant whereas everything else takes time.
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
22 posts
7 upvotes
905P4N6 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 9:09 am

Cool
Banned
Aug 9, 2017
166 posts
159 upvotes
mkannuri wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 5:58 pm
Yep, its quite a big show..even after speaking to them and initiated the email for identity check at post office..still not show..even their emails are also snail mails
If you haven't received the secure email with the bar code within three days after you talked with them on the phone, then you should call them back and ask them to push the email thru the system a second time.
You can save even more by NOT spending ;)
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2205 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
This promo is not targetted correct? Legacy (PCF) clients who already had HISA's with them qualify also? Just need "new money"?
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10558 posts
3360 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Ticco wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 4:56 pm
This promo is not targetted correct? Legacy (PCF) clients who already had HISA's with them qualify also? Just need "new money"?
Correct. "New money" is anything over your PCF balance as of 31Oct17. When you login to Simplii you should see the 3% on new money offer prominently.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7509 posts
1296 upvotes
Ticco wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 4:56 pm
new money after 31oct in your HISA account
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
10558 posts
3360 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
MrDisco wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 5:25 pm
correct
Correct. Your answer "correct" is the correct one ;)
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2004
8306 posts
772 upvotes
what is the contact number? tried to find it on their site and nothing
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)