Travel

3% of Visitors to Florida are Canadian

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2018 9:43 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
8443 posts
758 upvotes
Whether or not there is a real Trump Slump, I assume there is some truth depending on who you are and it could just be displaced by others.

I know for us, we are not stepping into US until some policies change and Trump is out; barring a wedding of course we have to attend.

No flying or stopovers either, we have chosen flights that fly right over and don't land even if it costs us more. The world is a big place, plenty of time to keep us occupied, although this is not a huge sacrifice for us since we rarely travel to US.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3839 posts
1077 upvotes
Moncton
speedyforme wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 11:45 am
we have chosen flights that fly right over and don't land even if it costs us more. The world is a big place, plenty of time to keep us occupied, although this is not a huge sacrifice for us since we rarely travel to US.
Very good chance your plane will have been made in the USA (Airbus has a plant in Alabama).

In my opinion, the best way to boycott the USA is to stick to Brazilian and Canadian made planes. You can easily get to Mexico, for example, using US based airlines on regional jets. Porter will fly you all the way to Melbourne, Florida, on their made in Toronto propeller planes from Windsor, Toronto and Ottawa.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
8443 posts
758 upvotes
MonctonMan wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 10:29 am
Very good chance your plane will have been made in the USA (Airbus has a plant in Alabama).

In my opinion, the best way to boycott the USA is to stick to Brazilian and Canadian made planes. You can easily get to Mexico, for example, using US based airlines on regional jets. Porter will fly you all the way to Melbourne, Florida, on their made in Toronto propeller planes from Windsor, Toronto and Ottawa.
What about Air Canada, Copa and Aerolinas? Those are the ones I am flying in 2018 and 2019...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3839 posts
1077 upvotes
Moncton
speedyforme wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 10:44 am
What about Air Canada, Copa and Aerolinas? Those are the ones I am flying in 2018 and 2019...
Because of the distance, you can’t fly over the USA in a regional jet. You’d have to fly via the USA (on an American based airline). But I’m sure not all Boeing employees are Trump supporters. ;)

Washington’s 12 electoral votes went to Clinton. However, Carolina’s 16 electoral votes went to Donald J. Trump. If you are flying with Airbus, Alabama’s 9 votes went to Trump.

Be forewarned that some Bombardier employees in Toronto might end up voting for Doug Ford.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
4359 posts
2332 upvotes
MonctonMan wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 3:33 am
By GDP per person, Michigan is significantly richer than either Quebec or Ontario. In fact, by GDP per person, Quebec is poorer than Mississippi, the poorest state in the USA (Ontario is down the list as well, close to Maine).

Visiting grandma would enter into the equation as well, as Michigonians can retire in Florida, whereas most Canadians can only visit Florida for up to 6 months.
Stats can be manipulated ... to “create” a POV (or just misread)

Quebec is hardly a wealthy Province

But seriously worse off than Mississippi ?
Uh, no.

Have spent time in Mississippi... in its towns & cities across the entire state
Mississippi is the poorest state in the USA... and it shows

The people in Old Miss are fantastic, but it’s a state stuck in a time warp

Things have not changed there much since the 1950s

After Civil Rights in the 1960s, those that could afford to get out did
Leaving those in the worst situations behind

It’s a state in complete ruin...

It is easy to SEE THE DIFFERENCE between Mississippi’s situation and Quebec’s

Quebec may not be doing well... but it’s far from looking like & living in a 3rd World Country

Which is the reality in Mississippi

America SHOULD BE EMBARASSED how far they’ve let the bottom fall out of “human dignity” in the bottom ranking 5 or so states
I think back on my many visits to the South ... including Mississippi - Louisiana - Alabama - Arkansas

No matter what those Stats say you have provided
The Province of Quebec looks like PARADISE compared to these states