Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
qaz393 wrote: used porsche 4S.
ha ha....nice car. one of the few wow cars that my spouse has been in. had a buddy with some older ones that always had nothing but trouble with the old dual carbs.

so a family memeber plugs a outback 2.5i Sport Package...sort of north of my range by a little...also, heard issues with supply out of japan.

keep the ideas coming.
Jul 9, 2008
407 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
thrifthunter wrote: Accord.
Sonata has terrible re-sale value.

your living in yesteryears.

The new sonata is the top of its class right now. Will resale higher or at worst at par than comparable year accord and camry, even 5 years from now
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
6354 posts
1013 upvotes
Toronto, ON
New sonata. For sure. Lots of room for everything, great look, great warranty and power and it's received very good reviews.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
rocketdan9 wrote: your living in yesteryears.

The new sonata is the top of its class right now. Will resale higher or at worst at par than comparable year accord and camry, even 5 years from now
as i asked above, better to go with the loaded version or the base? LE - do people pay extra for navigation...when a pocked calculator has GPS these days...

again, helpful comments from all. do not see any deals for the sonota...other than if i pay over 36 months it is really 0% but suspect if I pay cash, i can get it below list once i get a CCC report that gives me some more details.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
Non-Imbroglio wrote: Have you considered a VW TDI? Given your reqs, seems like a reasonable option...

i will look into this. i did drive a passat a lot back in around 92/93 and a GTI also. very much liked them but only recent exprience with a WV is in the EU with rentals or a Jetta in FL that I did like. I found VW's had the luxury type feel of a base model merc or BMW. now having been in some top 500 series beemers and mercs, i know there is a huge diff between the strip model and highers, but the jetta felt solid.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
i am sure at some points i will have to figure out the larger dealers around. not sure i am going to get a deal at a dealer with only a few cars on prop..esp. at end of the month when i plan to buy.
Mar 14, 2011
363 posts
27 upvotes
A 2012 ford focus titanium with leather, pushbutton start, moonroof, touchscreen, navigation, back up sensor etc. etc. will cost you under $30 000.

---Vishu
Aug 21, 2011
46 posts
30 upvotes
Scarborough
2012 Civic. Picked up the EX just over a month ago and it's been great, especially on gas, especially with their Eco-system. If you want leather tho, you'll have to get the EX-L version.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2002
1738 posts
144 upvotes
North
Get yourself a good set of winter tires/wheels and ...

Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
30106 posts
5547 upvotes
Montreal
Too bad. The engine is actually very competent. That's the engine that belongs in the SE-R.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 15, 2005
6023 posts
1871 upvotes
That should get you a loaded Sonata, or close to it.
Banned
Jan 7, 2011
3170 posts
275 upvotes
Here
rocketdan9 wrote: your living in yesteryears.

We'll see. When it shows it's unreliability and poor quality after it gets used for a while(like all of it's predecessors have), people will see Korean built cars are still the same as ever.
Feb 12, 2004
441 posts
9 upvotes
You can also look into a low mileage 2009 tsx
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
tcharged wrote: ***********
i suggested buying used with a warranty was an option. what manufactures other than Honda sell used cars with full warranties.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2009
2507 posts
551 upvotes
TO
qaz393 wrote: u jelly??? 30k isn't that much

jelly? I sold cars three times as much. I find buying new ridiculous. Buy pre-owned, 30k buys you a LOT of car in the used market!
mkjr wrote: i suggested buying used with a warranty was an option. what manufactures other than Honda sell used cars with full warranties.

Most auto manufacturers.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2002
1738 posts
144 upvotes
North
The Juke has what is called 'driving' headlights ( actually useful at say 'decent' speed ;) ).

In Japan, where the car was launched on 9 June 2010, orders totalled 10,943 units in its first month, surpassing Nissan's monthly target of 1,300 by a wide margin.[5] By 5 October 2010, Japanese sales had increased to 20,000 while European and US figures also exceeded expectations with orders for 30,000 and 17,500 cars taken for the respective markets.
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Juke

[IMG]http://www.leblogauto.com/zenphoto/niss ... a-nis-.jpg[/IMG]
Aug 10, 2008
263 posts
29 upvotes
Ontario
See if you can score a certified pre-owned VW Passat CC with warranty. They are gorgeous cars for the price and have one of the best interiors in its class. Drove one as a rental for a week and loved it.
Another option will be to get a 2011 Passat fully loaded. The 2.0T engine is very eager and great on gas. The resale value won't be the same as an Accord or a Camry, but you do get a much better car for the price.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)