• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2019 12:06 am
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3161 posts
2682 upvotes
PHuth2 wrote:
May 25th, 2019 3:10 pm
Any existing VM customers able to get 50 mbps for $50? I'm currently getting 25 mbps for $50, I'd rather get 50 mbps for $50 rather than a $10 credit on 25 mbps at $50 - $10.
I'm on the $60/month 50Mbps plan with a 12 month 50% off discount.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3546 posts
964 upvotes
QC
L4cky wrote:
May 25th, 2019 11:59 am
The real scam is when CTRC denied videotron to offer free music streaming.
The problem was that Vidéotron was offering "select" streaming service for free. Net neutrality should stay on top of everything.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
6400 posts
1130 upvotes
Mont-Royal
jfmartel wrote:
May 25th, 2019 8:35 pm
The problem was that Vidéotron was offering "select" streaming service for free. Net neutrality should stay on top of everything.
I am a hard defender of net neutrality.

However, Videotron could be smart enough to charge users 1 cents for 200GB specified "select music streamings". Which in this case, should be legal. 200gb will never be reached.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Nov 16, 2004
671 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
steivewonder88 wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 10:05 am
Called in this morning to try to have this offered extended to an existing account. The CSR confirmed that the cancel and activate new account method should work, but got stuck in a loop of holds and was not able to actually sign up on this new offer yet. Will try again later.
I called in this morning (my promo was expiring at the end of May) and they were able to extend the promo for 1 year. So additional 1 year at $30 per month for the 50/10. No need to cancel and start a new agreement/account.
Mar 13, 2013
189 posts
49 upvotes
LONDON
good for you. Any trick/keyword you've used? How many time did you try?

I've called twice. First time was a direct no. Second time they offered discounts ($10/month for 12 months) but I refused.
steivewonder88 wrote:
May 27th, 2019 9:36 am
I called in this morning (my promo was expiring at the end of May) and they were able to extend the promo for 1 year. So additional 1 year at $30 per month for the 50/10. No need to cancel and start a new agreement/account.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3161 posts
2682 upvotes
chene7 wrote:
May 27th, 2019 9:42 am

I've called twice. First time was a direct no. Second time they offered discounts ($10/month for 12 months) but I refused.
Call to cancel. Front line has nothing.
Nov 16, 2004
671 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
chene7 wrote:
May 27th, 2019 9:42 am

I told them that I was planning to cancel and would just sign-up for a new account with the promo. Took 2 calls, first time I was stuck on hold for like 45 minutes for a loyalty agent. This time I just told the agent I wanted to finalize whether or not they could apply the discount or else I would cancel. Was forwarded to someone within loyalty and put on hold for about 5 minutes. Was told they could just extend the offer rather than have me cancel and sign a new agreement. Was actually relatively painless.
Nov 11, 2017
74 posts
73 upvotes
Wakkanai
Spoke with "Mary" in the cancellation department last week and was told my offer would be extended for another 12 months.

However, I just got my latest bill and see no credit applied, total amount due after tax = $67.80.

Has anyone actually received a credit on their bill for months 13-24?

I dread having to call them again. Angry Face
Jun 15, 2004
962 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
steivewonder88 wrote:
May 27th, 2019 9:58 am
I told them that I was planning to cancel and would just sign-up for a new account with the promo. Took 2 calls, first time I was stuck on hold for like 45 minutes for a loyalty agent. This time I just told the agent I wanted to finalize whether or not they could apply the discount or else I would cancel. Was forwarded to someone within loyalty and put on hold for about 5 minutes. Was told they could just extend the offer rather than have me cancel and sign a new agreement. Was actually relatively painless.
this was my strategy too, got it taken care of on my first try. basically sold it to them as, it's a waste of your time... it's a waste of my time. let's save everyone the trouble. for that matter i find they are a lot more reasonable than Bell or Rogers, who are more than happy to let you cancel.
Apr 17, 2019
38 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Is it just me or does it seem like an oxymoron to imply that a service is based on fibre optics, but the down speeds only amount to 50Mbps...
Affordable alternative to Cable (Fido/Rogers), but it would be nice if they could come up with something 100Mbps+ for under $40/mo (excluding termed promos and retention plans)
Aug 10, 2007
352 posts
87 upvotes
Just an update that my installation went without a hitch. FTTH right to the PC room. Getting 65 down and 11 up.

As an aside, for anyone using outlook mail and getting errors after the change of ISP/IP, flush your DNS cache.

Other than that, this was a great deal for me.

If it's not too late, since this thread for existing customers was merged with the newer one for new customers (which they shouldn't have done IMO), the OP wording should be updated to reflect that. Right now, it's misleading and looks like it's only for existing customers - "Was told that any virgin mobile member who has at least 1 year of service would most likely qualify". Any new customers reading that as it stands might think it's not for them, and then move on. This could also lead to skewing the thread score.
Dec 13, 2013
31 posts
10 upvotes
Ottawa
So I called Virgin, not a mobile customer, and they agreed to offer $33.90 for 12 months for 50/10 Unlim.

I then called Fido Home Internet to cancel, told them my deal, and Fido offered me $36.73 for 75/10 Unlim for 12 months. I was paying $73.45 before this.

Thanks RFD!
May 27, 2019
1 posts
I'm an existing customer for 13 months and got the offer too. My promo had expired in April.

First got offered $10/month for 12 months or $15/month for 6 months

Told them to save us both the time cause I'd rather not cancel and have them send a tech over for a new install. She went to check with her "offline team" and they "approved" the 50% off for 12 months again!
Nov 21, 2015
72 posts
20 upvotes
Vanier, ON
Went to their website and did the online chat. Was told this offer has expired. Yet is it still listed on their website. Apparently they are getting a lot of calls/interest but they cannot honor the price. Really bad first impression