[Virgin Mobile] $30/month fibe internet 50mbps down 10mbps up

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2019 4:51 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3771 posts
732 upvotes
Mississauga
RichardC009780 wrote: Has anyone here on the 50% Fido plan been able to cancel and extend their plan for a year? If, so how did you do it? Thanks!
I think you're more likely going to get answer if you post in the Fido thread.
Apr 20, 2004
143 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
repatch wrote: Depends on your neighbourhood.

Where I live Rogers degrades in the evenings, Bell doesn't. Didn't used to be like that.
I used to live in a new subdivision that had ONLY rogers - no bell lines. Internet was brutally slow in the evenings....after several bouts with rogers, a rep finally told me that the segment was 95% utilized and that there were no planned upgrades for 2 years. Sigh. Jumped on DSL the moment it was available.
Feb 27, 2004
134 posts
52 upvotes
unreg991 wrote: If you're not watching 4K, it'll be more than adequate.
Netflix 4K is only 25mbit, this is 50mbit so it’s more than enough.
Jul 14, 2009
408 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
Beware Virgin Mobile (Internet) has the worst customer service. Very long hold times for anything not straightforward. They are very inconsistent and often change their position. This is not Bell customer service but outsourced abroad to the Philippines I think. Always be sure to note the rep's name and number in case you need to refer to or escalate later on.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2011
1459 posts
227 upvotes
Calgary
Can anyone tell me if this works up north in Bancroft area?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
2870 posts
1371 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Best deal ever! I've had Virgin Mobile for 1 year with this deal and price was always $33.90 taxes in per month. Speed was great never had any issues. My full year ended last month just switched to Bell for $40/month 50/10 as well, but worried about a price hike in a few months or so.

Anyone wondering about Virgin, just do it and make the switch to them. I've loved it for the entire year I was with them. No issues!
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Oct 18, 2007
394 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto
famosa wrote: Beware Virgin Mobile (Internet) has the worst customer service. Very long hold times for anything not straightforward. They are very inconsistent and often change their position. This is not Bell customer service but outsourced abroad to the Philippines I think. Always be sure to note the rep's name and number in case you need to refer to or escalate later on.
Yes they are in the philippines. I have a cousin works for them.
Oct 18, 2007
394 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto
They extended my plan over the phone no need for a bell tech to come.
spascual76 wrote:

So they’re gonna just come switch out the Steve modem for another identical Steve modem? Were you out of internet access while waiting for this service or it was working right up to the switch?

So weird why they can’t just extend the plan...
Jun 27, 2018
86 posts
63 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Only 1 year.
It is a hassle to change company every year.
It is better to sign up with carrytel and be done with it.
Exactly. For the last 4 years I am with them. I called that company only once in last 4 years(during the first month.) consistant service and same price. Very dependable
Nov 17, 2017
163 posts
39 upvotes
DaveProductions wrote: Not exactly. That thread is for existing Virgin cx only, now open to everyone.
Thanks dave, i was going to say the same..
I think this is a good deal. I dont know why so many down votes?
Aug 10, 2007
354 posts
88 upvotes
Thanks OP! I was waiting for this! Just signed up over the phone and got an install date. Confirmed that the modem will be Valerie.

p.s. Why all the down votes? There were 6 at the time of this posting.
Sep 16, 2012
513 posts
349 upvotes
GTA/London
SloCan wrote: Thanks OP! I was waiting for this! Just signed up over the phone and got an install date. Confirmed that the modem will be Valerie.

p.s. Why all the down votes? There were 6 at the time of this posting.
Agreed, I think it's a good deal especially if your in a fibre only area- you literally have no choice between Bell or Virgin, no third parties allowed. As well for gamers who care about ping/latency, this is a better deal than the Fido deal since VDSL has lower latency than DOCSIS.

I think people are just used to the $30 Gigabit deals which were very YMMV and weren't available for new customers anyway.
💳: Scotia Amex Gold + Rogers WE
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2004
4247 posts
616 upvotes
Guelph, ON
LoveDealios wrote: My Fido deal is almost up. Would this 50mbps speed be enough for Netflix, streaming and gaming? Thanks for the post OP and appreciate any advice here. I'm in the GTA
Yes, especially since DSL is more stable and consistent than Cable.