Expired Hot Deals

[RBC Rewards] 30% off all gift cards - including Amazon Prime @ 7910

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2019 3:02 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 15, 2013
636 posts
301 upvotes
Ottawa

30% off all gift cards - including Amazon Prime @ 7910

Deal Link:
Savings:
30%
Expiry:
November 26, 2018
Retailer:
RBC Rewards
Cyber Monday deals, all gift cards 30% off, this includes 1 year Amazon Prime @ 7910 pts.
159 replies
Jr. Member
Aug 17, 2017
181 posts
171 upvotes
Not sure if posted already. Got an email from RBC rewards. 30% off all gift cards for Cyber Monday. Ends today
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 15, 2013
636 posts
301 upvotes
Ottawa
Just confirmed it worked, grabbed a $50 Amazon gift card for 4900 points.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1493 upvotes
Montreal
SynGamer wrote: Just confirmed it worked, grabbed a $50 Amazon gift card for 4900 points.

With 30% off should 50 bucks be 3500 points? Did cards get more expensive in the last year.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12847 posts
13584 upvotes
It looks like I can get $750 worth of Amazon.ca gift cards. I'm not sure I want to lock this into Amazon.ca when I can get a decent round trip flight with my points.
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 15, 2013
636 posts
301 upvotes
Ottawa
MrEmoji wrote: With 30% off should 50 bucks be 3500 points? Did cards get more expensive in the last year.
Good question. I know the $25 Amazon GCs have typically been discounted to 2500 points for at least a year, but the rest were full price. The $50 GC I got was 7000 points originally.
Newbie
User avatar
Aug 3, 2012
25 posts
40 upvotes
Markham
Interesting. Is getting the Air Canada gift cards now better than using reward points to book a flight or convert to other mileage plans even during specials?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 3, 2007
1805 posts
328 upvotes
Was it cheaper last time with the RBC rewards+ deal?
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 15, 2013
636 posts
301 upvotes
Ottawa
redflagdealsguy wrote: It looks like I can get $750 worth of Amazon.ca gift cards. I'm not sure I want to lock this into Amazon.ca when I can get a decent round trip flight with my points.
Air Canada and WestJet are included in the GC card sale. Might be worth reviewing those to see what makes the most sense with your current points.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12847 posts
13584 upvotes
SynGamer wrote: Air Canada and WestJet are included in the GC card sale. Might be worth reviewing those to see what makes the most sense with your current points.
I'm eligible for $1000 in Air Canada gift cards. Does anyone know if this is a better deal than simply buying through points on Avion? The 30% is substantial.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12847 posts
13584 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I'm eligible for $1000 in Air Canada gift cards. Does anyone know if this is a better deal than simply buying through points on Avion? The 30% is substantial.
It looks like it's way worth it. The Avion points are crap by comparison. Silly.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1493 upvotes
Montreal
SynGamer wrote: Good question. I know the $25 Amazon GCs have typically been discounted to 2500 points for at least a year, but the rest were full price. The $50 GC I got was 7000 points originally.
Wouldn't it be better to get multiple $25 GC if that is the case?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1493 upvotes
Montreal
redflagdealsguy wrote: It looks like it's way worth it. The Avion points are crap by comparison. Silly.
I tend to agree. Whenever I've used my Avion points it's been at a dollar value because the Avion flights end up "costing More" anytime I've tried to use them. Substantially more. Mostly due to having to pay the tax.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 4, 2007
2196 posts
1067 upvotes
MrEmoji wrote: Wouldn't it be better to get multiple $25 GC if that is the case?
No, the $25 gift cards are 2450 points and $50 is 4900 right now.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1493 upvotes
Montreal
whoa-albert wrote: No, the $25 gift cards are 2450 points and $50 is 4900 right now.
I'm seeing 1750 for the $25 GC

Top