Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TD Canada Trust

$300 on New Chequing Account

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2017 8:53 am
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2011
1802 posts
2057 upvotes
Québec Gold
ignites wrote: Thats what I get when i click on your link
Try another browser/device etc...

I did receive this offer thru Facebook and when i try to open the link in the same browser but another account... it work

EDIT:L click this link http://bit.ly/2frK4TA
Last edited by yolomolo on Mar 22nd, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2538 posts
5693 upvotes
Markham
Already made a thread on it, with the right links and instructions. This thread should be deleted or merged.

Your link will not work.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2011
1802 posts
2057 upvotes
Québec Gold
Dave510 wrote: Already made a thread on it, with the right links and instructions. This thread should be deleted or merged.

Your link will not work.
completely agree
Mar 4, 2016
448 posts
276 upvotes
Anyone know if you can decline a credit bureau inquiry when you open this account? Or is it mandatory?
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1110 posts
530 upvotes
Kontos wrote: Anyone know if you can decline a credit bureau inquiry when you open this account? Or is it mandatory?
It's mandatory for any account at any bank as far as i know
Mar 4, 2016
448 posts
276 upvotes
petepw wrote: It's mandatory for any account at any bank as far as i know
I was able to decline this at both CIBC and Scotia years ago when I opened accounts with them. They just threatened to hold my cheques and said they wouldn't give me overdraft. I don't deposit cheques as I have direct deposit so it wasn't an issue for me. Not sure if practices have changed though, but I could see the sales rep not giving me the option in light of their shady practices.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
Absolutely not. You can definitely refuse a credit check when opening a chequing/savings account. They are sneaky and most of the time they don't even tell you they are doing it, and the credit check is hidden in the paperwork they make you sign
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
2280 posts
991 upvotes
Toronto
Messerschmitt wrote: You can definitely refuse a credit check when opening a chequing/savings account.
100% correct but in the same time, the banks have absolutely no obligations of any kind to do business with you.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2007
2735 posts
78 upvotes
So does this mean we can close the account after 12 weeks? Apologies in advance for my reading comprehension fail ;)
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2551 posts
1071 upvotes
Ontario
Still waiting on the 300 to be deposited... Had anyone gotten it yet??
Banned
Nov 29, 2015
1424 posts
524 upvotes
Brossard, QC
I registered for this promotion last year. And this time I use the exact same information to register, but it tells me YOU HAVE ALREADY FILLED OUT THE FORM. What should I do? Change my email address or email address? So confused!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
9005 posts
5728 upvotes
Yes you can. However, do not expect to be approved for overdraft or any other credit product should you expect to be.

At the same time, your HOLD code for any ATM/Mobile deposits will be set to FULL HOLD as holds are based on credit bureau information. If a CB check is declined, you're 'stuck' with that full hold.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
wxw2015 wrote: I registered for this promotion last year. And this time I use the exact same information to register, but it tells me YOU HAVE ALREADY FILLED OUT THE FORM. What should I do? Change my email address or email address? So confused!
Unless you closed your account before November 15, 2015 you won't won't qualify. There was a thread from the start of 2016 and in November 2016 - anybody who opened accounts in 2016 won't qualify for this. If they start another promo in November 2017, or early 2018 they'll probably up the date for eligiblity, qualifying people who opened an account in 2016. That's why it's a good idea to close your account ASAP after the promo if your intention is to churn it.
Mar 4, 2016
448 posts
276 upvotes
If i sign up for the all-inclusive account to get the Annual Fee on the Aeroplan Infinite card waived, what happens when I close the all inclusive account. Do I get charged for the credit card right away? Or does it wait until the next year?
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1884 posts
7842 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
TD is a terrible bank. I was with them for years it just recently closed my account and would never do any business with them again. IMO, pc financial is a great way to bank and zero fees
What's in your wallet?
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1998 posts
619 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I really dont get what the hate is about with TD.
Open the account, get the 300$ and close it. No one said you had to sign your soul away.
Way too much emotion in this thread.

If you compare this deal (which is about opening a chequing account btw and not about business ethics, RBC and the others have gotten in hot water before too FYI) to others in the past its actually a pretty straight forward and easy $300 for free.
Compare this deal to the BMO, CIBC and NBC ones in 2016 (that would force you to buy c.credit cards or hold your money in the account for half a year or be pita by forcing you to move your dd- this TD one is the best by far. Just sucks that I did it last year so cant sign up. Total time from account opening to getting the 300 and closing was about 5 weeks. would highly recommend.
zdpz wrote:
Also, their credit cards aren't as good. But that's where you go get a free Smartcash MBNA card or the Platinum Plus for $80/year.
FYI. Tangerine's MC is better than the smartcash or PP from MBNA.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6654 posts
1455 upvotes
I assume after signing up for this account I will get junk mail from TD regarding any type of promotions since they have my name and address?
Is there a way to tell them to stop mailing me after I close my account?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)