• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2011 9:18 am
Tags:
None
Nov 21, 2011
5 posts
MARKHAM

32" tv shopping

Right now i'm tv shopping and I want a good 32" tv for my ps3. However, i wish to use link my laptop to it in the future perhaps and 1366x768 resolution on a 720p tv seems painful as the resolution is lower than my 17" laptop. I'm narrowed it down to this tv
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 5ea152en02
Do you guys think this particular will go on the sale during Christmas?? or any 1080p 32" tv perhaps? Play leave some suggestions, thank you! To be honest, i'm pretty noob at christmas shopping and I've been advised by friends to wait a couple weeks but i'm one of those "rush" shoppers. Would it be wise to wait if i don't want a 720p 32" tv? I'm getting a tv for my room so, 32" would be perfect.
5 replies
Nov 21, 2011
5 posts
MARKHAM
do you think it'll go on sale this christmas since it's been around so long? it seems like they're focusing on getting rid of the older lg models like the 32lk330 atm
thanks btw, fixed my link
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2010
1319 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
will888 wrote: Your link is bad. I bought this LG unit in the summer for $399. It is still $399. Most sets at 32 inch are only 720p. I agree, not good enough as a monitor. Overall, pretty good price.
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 5ea152en02
Hi Will888: Thanks for the info. Just wanted to ask if you ever tried this TV as a computer monitor, and your comments ?

Thanks.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
oldpro wrote: Hi Will888: Thanks for the info. Just wanted to ask if you ever tried this TV as a computer monitor, and your comments ?

Thanks.

The lg is being used as a dedicated computer monitor as well as a tv. Every tv I own has been used at least periodically as a monitor. That is why I commented on the need for 1080p resolution as a computer monitor, my 32 inch sony 720p sucks as a monitor. The PQ on the lg is pretty good. The biggest problem with shopping in the 32 inch size is the lack of choice for 1080p resolution. I think prices could be a bit lower if there was more choice. I am not sure that waiting for boxing week works in this case, simply because they can easily pitch a 720p unit at a much lower price more easier than a 1080p unit. Often boxing week emphasis is on price, much less than performance.

I was almost tempted to go 37 inch just to increase choice. Sitting 2 feet away from a 32 inch is bordering on being too close to the screen, 37 inch would be overwhelming.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2010
1319 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
will888 wrote: The lg is being used as a dedicated computer monitor as well as a tv. Every tv I own has been used at least periodically as a monitor. That is why I commented on the need for 1080p resolution as a computer monitor, my 32 inch sony 720p sucks as a monitor. The PQ on the lg is pretty good. The biggest problem with shopping in the 32 inch size is the lack of choice for 1080p resolution. I think prices could be a bit lower if there was more choice. I am not sure that waiting for boxing week works in this case, simply because they can easily pitch a 720p unit at a much lower price more easier than a 1080p unit. Often boxing week emphasis is on price, much less than performance.

I was almost tempted to go 37 inch just to increase choice. Sitting 2 feet away from a 32 inch is bordering on being too close to the screen, 37 inch would be overwhelming.
Much obliged and many thanks for your help :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)