Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sears

32cm Heritage infusio2.0 frypan $38.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2015 8:20 pm
Aug 16, 2010
497 posts
215 upvotes
Langley, BC

[Sears] 32cm Heritage infusio2.0 frypan $38.99

I bought a frypan today at the local Sears store.
Another customer said she has been a smaller size for 2 years and it is holding up well.

It was marked 149.99 and the sign was 70% off so it should have been $45, but it rang up at 38.99
the cashier was so surprised he went to get one for himself.
I do not know if the 70% off sale on heritage was for everything or just all the infusio2.0
but at this price I would not bother with the thinner/cheaper pans.

https://www.starfrit.com/media/catalog/ ... 0000-1.jpg

There is a smaller size that does not have the D handle, I think it was marked 119, so that would be about $36

they also have the lesser quality deep one with a lid for 21.99
http://www.sears.ca/product/heritage-ch ... eid=749547
16 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12939 posts
1862 upvotes
Brampton
Why the original price is so high for a frying pan?
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1436 posts
2260 upvotes
fred koenig wrote: Anchoring

in short by naming a high price, they can sell at a higher price than if they didn't name a high price

one of my favorite books is on the subject
Priceless: the myth of fair value by William Poundstone
https://surrey.bibliocommons.com/item/s ... _priceless
thanks! will check out that book... so, is this actually a good frying pan? or is it simply desirable because of the markdown? ;)
Jun 8, 2008
297 posts
107 upvotes
I have one. Great pan. No issues. It has outlasted my henkels one that I got at the bay. I want another small one if they are ever on sale.
Aug 16, 2010
497 posts
215 upvotes
Langley, BC
I went back and got 2 of this XL(12.5"/32cm) size one for gifts and a 9.5"/24 CM one for 23.99 (it shows regular 79.99)

there is a 11"/28cm one for 32.99 (no D handle)
and a small one for 20.99
I don't think these 2 are as good a deal as the ones I got
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3409 posts
896 upvotes
West Istand, Montrea…
Are they induction compatible?
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
fredsmith wrote: Are they induction compatible?
Eli_to_me wrote: yes. see: http://www.sears.ca/product/heritage-in ... 3-004-0000

:arrow: 4.5-5 mm thick cast aluminum base, perfect heat distribution on all cooking surfaces including halogen and induction
They are compatible with induction cooktops, but not because of the thick aluminum base.
Aluminum pans generally do not work on induction, unless a plate (made of another magnetic metal) is added to the bottom of the aluminum pan.
The description does not mention such added plate, but I noticed magnetic stainless steel inserts embedded into the aluminum base of Heritage Infusio 2.0 pans (the old version Infusio 1.0 did not have such inserts, so it did not work on induction).
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
For those who need smaller sizes, similar quality and no Teflon/PTFE/PFOA, the ceramic Heritage The Rock non-stick frypans are on sale at Canadian Tire until December 10: $34.99 for the 10 inch, $39.99 for the 12 inch.

If you are OK with PTFE/PFOA, the Teflon version of Heritage The Rock non-stick frypans will be even cheaper starting this Friday: $24.99 for the 10 inch, $29.99 for the 12 inch.

Canadian tire gift cards are 10% off this week at Sobeys, and on Friday (December 4) Canadian Tire will give you back a $20 gift card for any purchase over $100.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3365 posts
3737 upvotes
Toronto
ahoroba wrote: For those who need smaller sizes, similar quality and no Teflon/PTFE/PFOA, the ceramic Heritage The Rock non-stick frypans are on sale at Canadian Tire until December 10: $34.99 for the 10 inch, $39.99 for the 12 inch. Canadian tire gift cards are 10% off this week at Sobeys, and on Friday (December 4) Canadian Tire will give you back a $20 gift card for any purchase over $100.
Curious if you can elaborate on the "no Teflon/PTFE/PFOA", as I saw Canadian Tire Q&A responses say that The Rock line does contain all of those things
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: Curious if you can elaborate on the "no Teflon/PTFE/PFOA", as I saw Canadian Tire Q&A responses say that The Rock line does contain all of those things
Heritage The Rock used to be a single "line", but it has been recently split in two lines, with different non-stick coatings:

- Heritage The Rock Classic (with a Teflon based non-stick coating, contains PTFE/PFOA). See it here: www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/heritage-the ... 7073p.html

- Heritage The Rock Ceramic (with a ceramic non-stick coating, does not contain PTFE/PFOA, more expensive, more durable, has only 96% of the non-stickiness of the Teflon version, needs oiling from time to time). See it here: www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/heritage-the ... 8816p.html

Underneath the non-stick coating, both lines have the same overall construction, of heavy forged aluminum processed with steel pellet impact technology. The ceramic version has a magnetic stainless steel insert on the bottom, making it induction compatible (the Teflon version does not have such plate, so it does not work on induction).
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10717 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
i assume this sale is done?
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote: i assume this sale is done?
Yes, I suspect the sale is over. The "70% all Heritage skillets" deal was advertised in Sears Black Friday flyer, which expired on November 30.
Although the OP mentioned that this was an in-store type of deal (the price of $38.99 was not offered on line), so maybe they are still on sale in-store.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)