Expired Hot Deals

From $350 Roundtrip – Toronto/Montreal to European Cities (AMS, BRU, CPH, DUB, EDI, FRA, ARN, CDG, LGW)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2017 2:57 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2006
1689 posts
649 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks OP. Booked a trip for 3 people to Amsterdam in February. Saved $1600
Mar 13, 2012
340 posts
68 upvotes
Near You
Last time I flew WOW air I was charged 100$ one-way for checked baggage, which entirely kills the deal.

Also, they don't serve anything on board, water is 5$. Better bring your own through security.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
1211 posts
221 upvotes
mistytalon wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 11:27 am
Last time I flew WOW air I was charged 100$ one-way for checked baggage, which entirely kills the deal.

Also, they don't serve anything on board, water is 5$. Better bring your own through security.

Holy cow $100? Didn't the post at the top say $80 for checked luggage.
Mar 13, 2012
340 posts
68 upvotes
Near You
Shadow Rider wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 1:26 pm
Holy cow $100? Didn't the post at the top say $80 for checked luggage.
They forced me to check my luggage at check in and charged 100$
[OP]
Jan 14, 2009
141 posts
233 upvotes
mistytalon wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 1:32 pm
They forced me to check my luggage at check in and charged 100$
I assume you tried to do a carry on and they disagreed that the size/weight of your carry on fit within their regulations? Did you get a refund on the carry on fee you paid?

Thanks for your insight!
Mar 15, 2008
246 posts
47 upvotes
mistytalon wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 11:27 am

Maybe you should have read the baggage allowances before you showed up at the airport with your luggage? Your complete ignorance doesnt detract from the deal at all. I've flown them round trip to 4 destinations and have had 0 issues, but have seen my fair share of idiots show up at the desk with a stupid look on their face because they assumed they were allowed a bunch of luggage on a trans-Atlantic discount flight.

As for the water/food on board, again, read their website. I bring an empty water bottle to fill past security and a snack for the flight. When I land I usually get some Skyr and other things in the airport if Im hungry.
Oct 10, 2006
146 posts
156 upvotes
mtlmonk wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 11:26 am
Some CCs refund for checked luggages..worth it for these card holders
which one? Kissing Face
Sep 26, 2017
108 posts
36 upvotes
wtf over a 100$ extra to bring carry on?

am I allowed to keep stuff in my pocket? lol
Jun 8, 2016
15 posts
8 upvotes
Just as a second anecdote: I flew to Iceland in April on Wow. I had a backpack that fit under the personal item limit (barely) and a small tote bag with a pair of hiking boots in it (and my neck pillow when I wasn't wearing it). They charged me the $60 for the tote bag. I didn't put a lot of effort into hiding the bag or trying to sneak on or anything, I figured I'd have to pay for it. But it's definitely YMMV.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2001
2630 posts
95 upvotes
Oakville
eugene_2005 wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 3:04 pm
For example this one
$100 rebate for bag check-in fees PER YEAR, PER ACCOUNT. So that realistically only helps you for one trip per year unfortunately.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7621 posts
2956 upvotes
East York
briggernaut wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 4:35 pm
Just as a second anecdote: I flew to Iceland in April on Wow. I had a backpack that fit under the personal item limit (barely) and a small tote bag with a pair of hiking boots in it (and my neck pillow when I wasn't wearing it). They charged me the $60 for the tote bag. I didn't put a lot of effort into hiding the bag or trying to sneak on or anything, I figured I'd have to pay for it. But it's definitely YMMV.
better next time to bring a packable string bag you use like a backpack over your backpack, and when boarding the plane just pack away the bag and wear the neck pillow and hold the two boots in your hands

i traveled europe with wow air for over 2 weeks without paying for checked luggage, using a book bag and string bag as my 2nd and carrying/wearing my extra pillow/hoodie/clothes/shoes in-hand upon boarding. just put it all back in the string and under seat after boarding and left plane carrying both bags