• Dec 1st, 2017 9:28 am
[OP]
Jan 14, 2009
147 posts
257 upvotes

$356 - Montreal to Paris Roundtrip, Nonstop on LEVEL

Deal Link:
Price:
These are introductory fares from Level for flights from Montreal to Paris (Orly). Details on the airline:
IAG/British Airway’s LEVEL is a fairly new entrant to the low cost transatlantic travel market. So far, they’ve only been scheduling flights in 2018 out of Barcelona to the US and Caribbean (Oakland, Los Angeles, Buenos Aires and Punta Cana). That all changes today for Canadians with the announcement that as of Summer 2018, they will now also be flying out of Paris to Montreal as well as New York, Guadeloupe, and Martinique!
Decent availability for late summer.

See deal link for all the sample dates and booking instructions (apparently it's cheaper to book as two separate one-ways rather than a roundtrip).

$356 flights are non-stop and include a carry-on but you have to pay for baggage, water, and meals. In addition, all passengers are required to flap their arms like a bird in order to do their part to help the airline save on fuel costs (LOL).
28 replies
May 7, 2017
316 posts
133 upvotes
Let’s hope these fares stay that price and don’t pull a Air Canada rouge
Nov 26, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
That's a Hot Deal, thank you! Haven't seen many great Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Travel Tuesday deals on airfare this year... Will keep tabs on this one depending on how my future travel plans move!
Apr 10, 2011
844 posts
521 upvotes
Montreal
Thank you for posting but I have to give this thread a thumb down. This is NOT a hot deal unless you don't mind travelling with only a carry on, having a middle seat and bringing your own (expensive post security) food/water on board,

40 € ($60 CAD) for a checked luggage each way = $120 extra on a round trip.
30 € ($45 CAD) for selecting your seat each way = $90 extra on a around trip.
35 € ($52 CAD) for a hot meal each way = $104 extra on a round trip. At that price, I want a French Chef to make me Crèpes Suzette flambées au Cognac at my seat!
12 € ($18 CAD) for a blanket, cushion and amenity kit. Better hope you don't get cold on the plane.

You want Wi-Fi?
That'll be 9 € ($14 CAD for ONE hour (40 MB bandwith). Yes, that's 40 Mega Bytes!
Or, 30 € ($45 CAD) for 200 MB. EACH WAY!
Better make sure to turn off your Windows/antivirus updates.

So when you calculate the total cost of the extras that make sitting in an aluminium tube on a tight seat for 7-8 hours bearable, you realize it's pretty close to a legacy airline price.
Not much of a deal here. Move along...

P.S.: Thank God they they don't charge you to use the toilet.
Mar 1, 2012
298 posts
103 upvotes
Temporel wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 8:28 pm
Thank you for posting but I have to give this thread a thumb down. This is NOT a hot deal unless you don't mind travelling with only a carry on, having a middle seat and bringing your own (expensive post security) food/water on board,

35 € ($52 CAD) for a hot meal each way = $104 extra on a round trip. At that price, I want a French Chef to make me Crèpes Suzette flambées au Cognac at my seat!
12 € ($18 CAD) for a blanket, cushion and amenity kit. Better hope you don't get cold on the plane.

You want Wi-Fi?
That'll be 9 € ($14 CAD for ONE hour (40 MB bandwith). Yes, that's 40 Mega Bytes!

So when you calculate the total cost of the extras that make sitting in an aluminium tube on a tight seat for 7-8 hours bearable, you realize it's pretty close to a legacy airline price.

1. Pack light (I travel for a month using a 35L backpack + camera bag that holds my laptop)
2. Why is selecting a seat necessary? Save your money
3. Pack food with you when you go. Sleep for the entirety of the trip and beat the jetlag
4. Blanket, cushion, and amenity kit? You realize you're flying economy right?
5. WhyTF do you want Wifi on a flight that will likely have an entertainment console? Why not load movies/tv shows/books onto your phone/laptop/tablet?

This isn't some First Class trip LOL. Stop being so needy.
Aug 25, 2015
955 posts
216 upvotes
Montreal, QC
i've looked at the flights, they are mostly late night/overnight flight. good chance you'll be sleeping or should consider sleeping. food and wifi shouldn't be necessity
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2005
1684 posts
628 upvotes
Ottawa
sumtimw0ng wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 9:02 pm
i've looked at the flights, they are mostly late night/overnight flight. good chance you'll be sleeping or should consider sleeping. food and wifi shouldn't be necessity
Yeah, just drink a bottle of ZzzQuil before the flight.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3453 posts
934 upvotes
Moncton
Temporel wrote:
bringing your own (expensive post security) food/water on board,
You can bring most food pas security. Canadian airports have drinking fountains. I had to use the water from the bathroom sink to fill my empty water bottle in the UK, which annoyed me, but whatever. Nobody said saving money was glamorous.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Jan 19, 2011
688 posts
279 upvotes
Montreal
Temporel wrote:

You want Wi-Fi?

Your post is just going out of your way to create drama. For example "expensive post security food and water". If you used the least bit of effort you could get past that issue and bringing food isn't even an issue. A true RFDer could care less how much the wi-fi is because we simply wouldn't pay for it. You complain about having the middle seat? There's literally a middle seat in every row and people sit in it. Do you only eat muffin tops?

Also why give it a thumbs down? OP went out of his way to post a deal. If everyone was like you there would be no RFD and we'd stop unnecessary buying and the economy would collapse (especially The Bay).
Apr 10, 2011
844 posts
521 upvotes
Montreal
Masernaut wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 8:47 pm
1. Pack light (I travel for a month using a 35L backpack + camera bag that holds my laptop)
2. Why is selecting a seat necessary? Save your money
3. Pack food with you when you go. Sleep for the entirety of the trip and beat the jetlag
4. Blanket, cushion, and amenity kit? You realize you're flying economy right?
5. WhyTF do you want Wifi on a flight that will likely have an entertainment console? Why not load movies/tv shows/books onto your phone/laptop/tablet?

This isn't some First Class trip LOL. Stop being so needy.

Really? You had to use "WhyTF"?

It’s a discussion forum… you feel offended? Do you own shares in IAG (Level!, Iberia, British airways, etc.)?

It’s a "Hot deals forum". As in "Let's discuss if this a hot deal or not."

In my opinion, it’s not. It’s like comparing apples and oranges. All you see is the price and not the value. The low price you are seeing includes nothing. Apples are cheaper but they are no oranges. If you like apples, fine by me. But you didn’t get a "hot deal" because you bought apples instead of oranges. Apples are cheaper, period.

Have you ever considered that maybe not everyone thinks like you?

"Pack light" If you like to stew in your own stinky clothes for days or if you have nothing better to do with your time while on vacation than laundry every other day, fine by me. I like to change clothes daily and don’t like to do laundry while on vacation or pay someone else to do it.

"Why is selecting a seat necessary?" Again, if you don’t mind a middle seat, fine by me. But most people prefer to sit together (which you won’t necessarily get if you don’t pay for seat selection) or by a window to look outside and not be bothered (straddled) whenever your big burly row mate needs to pee or by the aisle to get up easily. Different stokes for different folks, if you don’t mind.

"Stop being so needy." Needy? It’s about enjoying life. Unless you are totally "blasé" and fly 3 times a week, flying is supposed to be fun; an event. To me, looking out the window while taking off or landing is still a rush.

Sleep? You are flying! You are missing the fun! Are you going to sleep your life? Plus, not everyone can sleep while being seated upright or likes popping pills.

Pack your food? A sandwish like when you were going on a field trip in a yellow bus when you were at elementary school? Come on! You are flying over an ocean! There is pleasure in a nice meal with a glass of wine while cruising at 40,000 feet or the smell of hot croissants in the cabin served with orange juice just before landing in Rome at sunrise. Live a little!

“You realize you're flying economy right? “

All of those things (baggage, meal, drinks, seat, wi-fi at a reasonable price, blanket, pillow, etc.) are included in economy flights with many legacy carriers that offer "real" deals regularly. Nobody talked about first class priority boarding, champagne and pyjamas. Of course you pay for what you get indirectly in the price of the ticket but I don’t like beeing jerked around by a low advertised price to be then nickel and dimed for everything. And it’s not nickel and dimed it’s $52 here and $90 there for things that cost an airline almost nothing. $52 for a single airplane meal is outrageous and so is $90 for seat selection on a round trip whether you want/need it or not.

My point is these new low cost carriers (Level!, Joon, Norwegian, Wow, etc.) try to steal focus (in Google Flights, in amateurish blogs, etc.) by advertising deep discounted prices that include nothing that the legacy carriers regularly include. In the end, when everything is tallied, for many people, it’s not much of a deal, if any.

Further more, what disappointed me with Level! is the deceptive way they do business:

When you book your economy flight, you are not shown the option to add a baggage, a meal or select a seat. They say that you can add those things afterwards in the "manage reservations" section… once your ticket is purchased! No prices are shown beforehand – and for a good reason, they are outrageous! Sneaky!

Finally, the cherry on the sundae, their Wi-Fi pricing: Wi-Fi is expensive and restricted on planes that’s a given. But I’ve never seen a bandwidth cap of 200 MB on such a ridiculous price for Wi-Fi of $45 one way! Do you realize how little is 200 MB?

So if you don’t mind traveling like a teenager, go with Level! but I’ll stick with my opinion that this is not a HOT deal. Thank you.
Last edited by Temporel on Nov 29th, 2017 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
39311 posts
1407 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Temporel wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 11:27 pm

Finally, the cherry on the sundae, their Wi-Fi pricing: Wi-Fi is expensive and restricted on planes that’s a given. But I’ve never seen a bandwidth cap of 200 MB on such a ridiculous price for Wi-Fi of $45 one way! Do you realize how little is 200 MB?
People pay for Wifi? That's news to me. I thought it's only business users who pay for those because they can expense it.
**BRAND NEW** Unlocked LG G5 - Silver **$300**
Silver Coins | LG G5 Silver | Bosch Orbital Sander
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5331 posts
752 upvotes
Mont-Royal
looks like the NBC world elite might be using here for luggage and seat selections.

finally, some uses.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2600 posts
139 upvotes
Someone in this thread is a real cry baby. Thanks for posting the phenomenal deal OP!
Jesus saves, I spend
Mar 1, 2012
298 posts
103 upvotes
Temporel wrote:

Have you ever considered that maybe not everyone thinks like you?
LOL. So you took 20 minutes out of your day to write an angry reply? Eat your own words, friend.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
2407 posts
912 upvotes
Montreal
Temporel wrote:
Long Bourgois post
Dude, the goal of cheap flight is to go in another country for cheap.

The op deal is phenomenal. Sure you won't have the best 7 hours in your life but use all the money you and your loved ones saved and go to great French restaurant.

Thank op for the deal!