Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10093 posts
556 upvotes
AlexV wrote:
Mar 4th, 2011 1:27 pm
Seems cool but I don't understand how the weapon choices work... each package allows you rounds with a rifle and rounds with a pistol. The there's a list of 5 weapons, some of which are rifles and some of which are pistols? And we can try all 5 if we want to?
5 available to choose from...choose 2, 1 pistol and 1 rifle.
May 4, 2004
511 posts
22 upvotes
RANGE DAYS

A minimum of 4 participants and a maximum of 10, is required to confirm a range day.

SCHEDULING A RANGE DAY

A calendar will be available within the next 14 days. Individuals or groups will be able to book any one of 3 range days offered weekly. A 'bookings' email will be set up and will be used when making a reservation. A confirmation email with a joining letter and waiver form will be sent to each participant via email.

You may find it difficult to get booking. I hope the range schedule only applies to outdoor range.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
1610 posts
244 upvotes
Did anyone get a voucher for this or anything yet?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1368 posts
514 upvotes
Toronto
Ugh, I kinda regret jumping on this deal already.

Even though they said the reservation system would be available on the 18th, it wasn't. I called them, they said it'd be up on the 19th. Then the 20th. Finally today on the 22nd it's up.

There's now an additional $10 "range fee". Never disclosed previously in any manner. If you paid $40 for the 1 hour deal, that's a 25% jump in price. Unethical, borderline bait-and-switch:
I FURTHER AGREE TO PAY THE $10.00 RANGE FEE AT THE BEGINNING
OF MY RANGE DAY EXPERIENCE TO COVER THE COSTS OF ENTRANCE
TO THE RANGE. THIS FEE IS SEPARATE AND NOT INCLUDED IN ANY
OFFERS MADE THROUGH ON-LINE BOOKING, CASH FUNDS ONLY
And another gripe -- the weekend bookings require you to show up at 7:30am. That is ridiculously early, especially if you don't live in Hamilton.

Also I've now talked to the guy twice on the phone over the last 2 weeks and he's been extremely rude both times. Openly mocks me for not knowing when the meetup time is (7:30am), even though the system doesn't tell you the meetup time until AFTER you make your booking. Prick.

Edit: This doesn't make any sense. On the phone the guy told me the meetup time is 7:30am. However here's what it says in the confirmation email:
Note: Weekend bookings are for 9am-1pm. Weekday bookings are for 10am-2pm. If your booking is on a weekday, please meet at 8:30am, if your booking is on a weekend, please meet at 9:30am.
So weekdays are 10-2, gotta show up at 8:30
and weekends are 9-1, gotta show up at 9:30
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1221 posts
127 upvotes
Mississauga
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2011 1:14 pm
Ugh, I kinda regret jumping on this deal already.
Even though they said the reservation system would be available on the 18th, it wasn't. I called them, they said it'd be up on the 19th. Then the 20th. Finally today on the 22nd it's up.
There's now an additional $10 "range fee". Never disclosed previously in any manner. If you paid $40 for the 1 hour deal, that's a 25% jump in price. Unethical, borderline bait-and-switch
I'd be on email/phone with dealticker as soon as I could! This is so wrong. If they didn't want people to get this deal for this price they shouldn't have offered it.

There's no way I'd put up with that. REFUND TIME! :!:

oop! nm, NO REFUNDS. How convienent for them, the Gladius guys can be huge jerks, not book anyone and add however many fees they like (possibly taxes on full price too!) & you can do nothing. Bad move, dealticker.
:arrow: I'LL BUY WAGJAG COUPON CODES! $5, $10 & $20 (from liking on FB or icoke - Paying 30% of coupon value by Paypal) - PM ME! :!:

My Ebay items for sale: HERE! :)
Mar 19, 2003
465 posts
72 upvotes
Where did you get the additional $10 fee from? This is the fine print on the PDF.
The Fine Print
- Voucher entitles the holder to 1 hour package + intro lesson + 80 rounds to shoot (40 rounds
rifle and 40 rounds on a pistol)
- May buy unlimited number of vouchers
- Voucher is valid for 2 years (expiry date: March 11, 2013)
- Full year round outdoor facility in place with real scenarios includes barricades, trenches, and more.
- All equipment is included (including Tactical Plate Carrier with Holster, Eye protection, Ear Protection,
etc)
- Various shooting positions will be explored including standing, kneeling, and shooting from behind
barricades.
- By reservation only. For reservations please call (647) 717-1770
- Reservations are subject to availability
- NO REFUNDS
- No cash back / cash value
- Not valid with any other offer or promotion
- All voucher holders must adhere to all safety standards and requirements as mandated by guidelines
from Gladius International.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
1610 posts
244 upvotes
oh no... Please keep up updated on everything....
is it possiable that it was a typo with the time? as that doesnt make sense..

also if its not what promised will dealticker not issue refunds?
Banned
Nov 28, 2006
1104 posts
101 upvotes
Daf wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2011 1:00 pm
oh no... Please keep up updated on everything....
is it possiable that it was a typo with the time? as that doesnt make sense..

also if its not what promised will dealticker not issue refunds?
dealticker is giving out $10 account credits i think. meetup times were revised:
This email is to inform you of a typo in a recent reservation system email. By now you should have received an email confirming your reserved date and explaining the time and place to show up for your tactical range day.

Please note in that reservation confirmation email the text read.

Weekday bookings are for 10am-2pm.
Weekend bookings are for 9am-1pm.
If your booking is on a weekday, please meet at 8:30am.
if your booking is on a weekend, please meet at 9:30am.

This should have read…

Weekday bookings are for 10am-2pm.
Weekend bookings are for 9am-1pm.
If your booking is on a weekday, please meet at 8:30am.
if your booking is on a weekend, please meet at 7:30am.

We kindly ask if your booking is on a weekend that you update any calendars or schedules you may have account for this error. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and wish you a fun and educational tactical range day!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1382 posts
164 upvotes
AlexV wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2011 1:39 pm
dealticker is giving out $10 account credits i think. meetup times were revised:

Do you have to contact them for the account credits? I bought 3 vouchers and my account has no credits in it.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
1766 posts
177 upvotes
I got no response from the dealticker support when I sent an email yesterday.

I'd say avoid this site, we should have a warning. All other deal sites I've dealt with have been excellent to deal with.

Can't believe I went for the 2 hr package... $138 :(
Jan 28, 2002
573 posts
27 upvotes
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2011 1:14 pm

There's now an additional $10 "range fee". Never disclosed previously in any manner. If you paid $40 for the 1 hour deal, that's a 25% jump in price. Unethical, borderline bait-and-switch:

And another gripe -- the weekend bookings require you to show up at 7:30am. That is ridiculously early, especially if you don't live in Hamilton.

Also I've now talked to the guy twice on the phone over the last 2 weeks and he's been extremely rude both times. Openly mocks me for not knowing when the meetup time is (7:30am), even though the system doesn't tell you the meetup time until AFTER you make your booking. Prick.

Edit: This doesn't make any sense. On the phone the guy told me the meetup time is 7:30am. However here's what it says in the confirmation email:So weekdays are 10-2, gotta show up at 8:30
and weekends are 9-1, gotta show up at 9:30

+1 on the arrival times. I've been emailing gladius as well and have been asking them to change the times on the website. Why knowingly list a start time that isn't accurate? No change yet or a response (it's been a week already)
Also, they've changed it since, but during the 1st few days of the online reservation system there was absolutely NO mention of the $50 reservation change fee.

Anyone else get the "range fee" addition? I for one haven't..but if Gladius is planning to change the conditions of their offer - get ready for 2170 phone calls/emails from all the vouchers that were sold.

Anyone actually go for their range day yet??
Apr 24, 2011
1 posts
TORONTO
Wow, I am getting a really bad feeling about this deal! I found this thread by googling to see if anyone else was talking about this yet. I had the same experience as another poster - I called the number provided on the voucher to book a time and the guy was a complete a$$hole to me, he basically didn't seem to know what I was talking about at first and then he yelled at me for not knowing that I should have booked online. So I go online and I can't find an available date for my group of 4 people until October (awesome), I booked the reservation and got the same email pdf to fill out that's been discussed above, complete with a surprise $10 'range fee', plus a mention of 13% HST on the value of the voucher due upon arrival "CASH only". HMMMMM. So now I'm paying almost $20 CASH on top of the voucher price which was $69. I bought the two hour voucher but I could only sign up for a 9am-1pm time slot, and yes, apparently we are supposed to arrive at 7:30 am?! So now I'm committed to 5.5 hours? And there is no information on the website or in the email on how this all works on the day of, which is making me suspicious.

And to top it all off, I was wondering where the location is of this so called firing range, so I go to their website - nothing. NOWHERE on the website does it say where the place is, which just sets off huge alarm bells. In the confirmation email I received after booking, it tells you to check this link: http://www.gladius-international-bookin ... ation.aspx

And on the page it says on the day of our training we should "please meet in the Tim Hortons parking lot on S Service Rd. West. near the casablanca blvd. intersection."

WTF???? seriously? who are we meeting? how do we find you? and then what? we all drive to a field and shoot each other??? are you a guy in a pickup truck with some guns in the back? If this is a legit place, why can't we just go there?

Sigh. I think we got scammed. Please, if anyone actually goes for their training, can you let me know how it was?? I need details! I am really leaning towards just trying to get a refund from dealticker at this point. > :(
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
1610 posts
244 upvotes
Why was this put expired???

has anyone gone yet?
Mar 12, 2005
178 posts
I've tried calling and emailing with questions for the past week without any replies and full voice mailboxes.
I have the same questions here. I got a one hour package but why can't I choose the time I want to arrive between 9 to 1? What happens if it rains? Is there any weather cancellations policies?

I'm submitting this deal to trueler to help investigate... they help investigate and look at online scams. They recently looked at the butcher's shop scam in TO.

I'm interested to see reviews of their range days
Deal Lover!