None
[OP]
Aug 9, 2010
233 posts
245 upvotes

399$ for the DZT Ultra Vibe V2000 Portable Machine from DZT Fitness

http://www.teambuy.ca/montreal/28135579/

Hey guys

I saw this deal on TeamBuy. I did a little bit of research but i wanted to get some feedback from some of you to know if this was a good catch.

For those of you who don't know (like me about 1 hour ago), this equipment is found in some higher-end gyms, as they claim it has calorie-burning and muscle-toning feats.
After researching a bit, articles mention that this type of workout (vibration machine) is used by some athletes and astronauts. In any case, all of this information left me a bit skeptical about the real efficiency of these sort of machines.

I work out in a gym regularly with weights but would have liked to add a little something for endurance. As for my girlfriend, she doesnt work out in a gym anymore so i was wondering if buying this would get her to do some exercice at home. We're both in shape but would like to tone our muscles. So as explained, i was wondering if this technology was the way to go.

For the deal part :
This machine is retailed at 1500$ (probably inflated price), but is offered at 399$ on Teambuy. This price seems to be one of the lowest prices for Vibration plates. The company replied on a couple of Q/A's on TeamBuy.ca, and seem pretty confident about their product. With the "Refer a friend" you can get 80$ of credit towards future purchases on top of that (to read between the lines here). So it would technically come up to 320$

Any comments ?
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 28, 2005
6324 posts
40 upvotes
No.
- Private Investigator...contact me for your surveillance needs.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
1452 posts
131 upvotes
Spray wrote:
Jan 16th, 2012 3:24 pm
No.

+1

don't bother

you want to increase endurance and "tone muscles"... eat healthy, and try high intensity interval training, as well as lifting weights

"toning" is a word used by gyms to get girls to go... no one "tones"- you either build muscle, or you lose fat. girls don't like to hear about "building muscle" so they coined the term "toning"
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5137 posts
49 upvotes
I would get a rebounder or mini trampoline for your place,
those really help with endurance and are more fun than skipping rope and have more benefits.
but make sure to get something or a decent size.

I have not looked at mini trampolines in years,but they are a good workout and help with balance a lot too.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2005
15434 posts
106867 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Lukamo wrote:
Jan 16th, 2012 2:56 pm
For the deal part :
This machine is retailed at 1500$ (probably inflated price), but is offered at 399$ on Teambuy. This price seems to be one of the lowest prices for Vibration plates. The company replied on a couple of Q/A's on TeamBuy.ca, and seem pretty confident about their product. With the "Refer a friend" you can get 80$ of credit towards future purchases on top of that (to read between the lines here). So it would technically come up to 320$

Any comments ?

$699 on Amazon.com. So the $1499 "regular price" is definitely bogus.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Portable-Vi ... B004CHMY0G

"Deal" is presently running on these sites as well:

http://pathdeals.com/deal/deal-339.aspx
http://www.maddeal.com/Canada/ON/Brampt ... aid=af3594
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5137 posts
49 upvotes
Does the machine actually do anything?
how about just jumping or jogging on the floor and saving your money?

I guess that would not help if you wanted to do weights with this shaky thing?
Nov 8, 2011
77 posts
9 upvotes
They are beneficial, you just have to do your research. You can't sit on the couch eating snacks and have a poor diet and expect to get fit. You actually work out on the machines.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5137 posts
49 upvotes
mathewvc wrote:
Jan 16th, 2012 8:40 pm
+1

don't bother

you want to increase endurance and "tone muscles"... eat healthy, and try high intensity interval training, as well as lifting weights

"toning" is a word used by gyms to get girls to go... no one "tones"- you either build muscle, or you lose fat. girls don't like to hear about "building muscle" so they coined the term "toning"
I think these machines are good for certain people- but not for fitness.
From what I understood- they were used by Nasa or whatever so that people would not loose too much bone mass when they were in space and could not exercise.

I think think this machine would be good for someone who can not walk far or is unable to walk- but then they might need someone to help them stand on this?
my aunt- she is in a wheelchair with MS- so this would be good for her.

but if you already do some walking, or anything don't bother.

speaking of "toning" I've never had anyone at a gym mention that to me when I did go and do some weights (and it was usually guys helping me w stuff at the gym...).

For lifting weights I thought it was the ammount of weight and reps that determine if you become bulky?
I forget though- but I used to do a lot of leg exercises and have never had bulky legs at all...
Aug 18, 2011
1 posts
I wish I had checked the BBB before purchasing. Doug promised my vibe machine would ship that same day after a lengthy wait, but it was almost 2 weeks later before it shipped. The only time Doug will speak with you is if he thinks he can sell you something. He doesn't answer questions, doesn't respond to emails even after purchasing 2 DZT products. The products may be ok (time will tell), but the responsiveness and care isn't there. Even for existing clients.
Nov 10, 2011
3 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
My parents got sucked into purchasing one of these machines, when they saw it at the PNE.
Anyhow they bought a "USED" one from some customer they claimed returned it and got a "Deal" by paying $500. +tax

They rarely used the machine and now it no longer works, being an electronics technician I took it apart, pretty basic
components the electronic circuit board is built quite well. Overall the machine would cost approximately $50-$100 to build

This machine I have, has been taken apart before so I wonder if it has been repaired before?
Oct 20, 2012
1 posts
1 upvote
DELTA
I made the mistake of buying a DZT fitness ULTRA VIBE V2000 PORTABLE whole body vibration from Douglas Nevin that was a DEMO Model off of that auction site that begins with E-_@Y and has a buy protection plan through P@Y-P@L. I picked it up at DZT fitness studio in North Vancouver. When I got it home it was all scratched up and look well used not a DEMO and was different than the machine I thought I was buying. I left message for him to call me back he didn’t. I sent several E-mails saying I was not satisfied with no luck. So I returned the machine to his fitness studio. He was not there so I left it after all remember the ad on that auction site said return with in 7 days, if not 100% satisfied for a full money back refund, DON”T YOU BELIEVE IT. I did not get a refund and when I went to the auction site to file a Claim they sided with him because I didn’t have permission to return it. Even though it was return to him in 7 days like the AD said. To this day I still have not received a refund and I don’t have the machine, which they claim on their website to be worth $1499.00 with free shipping. It’s not even worth the $75.00 I paid for it. Bottom line is stay away from Douglas Nevin and his Whole Body Vibration V2000 product unless you want to be ripped off.
Mar 4, 2014
1 posts
Be careful when buying anything from Douglas Nevin and DZT Fitness. Bought some fitness equipment from their location in North Van, only to get it home and realize it was broken, and not what he had even advertised. Completely misrepresented the items. No refund. Steer clear from this crook and DZT Fitness.
× < >