• Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2011 11:31 am
Tags:
None
Aug 17, 2010
285 posts
168 upvotes

3DS problems?

Purchases a 3ds from futureshop here at London, ON. on wellington rd.

Anyway about 1 week after i bought it. The thing is freezing and the one face raiders game wont bugs out so badly that it crashes the 3ds...

I have not dropped or treated my electronics in anyway that it should be acting like this. I still have my original phat ds in working condition and my ds lite also. So I went into buying this thinking it wouldn't crap out at all. I sadly was mistaken. I am very upset with this experience and the employee at purolator said it wasn't his only brand new 3ds today! He says hes got the account code for nintendo memorized.

Is this what we are to expect from nintendo since the price drop... Less quality and care.

Oh the instructions they gave me was.. Take out all cards/accesories and slap the 3ds in my palm.. I swear they want me to break the damn thing more?

Maybe it was just a bad shipment here in london but anyone else experienced these problems?
4 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
Just return and buy another one.

And yes, cheaper system = cheaper parts usually
Mar 7, 2010
445 posts
26 upvotes
I've had mine since launch with no problems at all.

But things can be defective, doesnt matter which brand you buy. This is what happens when things are mass produced. Also you probably didnt get a unit that was built after the price drop. Stores had lots in stock.
I would just return it for a new one. They probably had a bad batch go out. If you have problems with your new one then I'd be worried. Overall i've had great service from Nintendo.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Nintendo has always been top-notch when it comes to quality control, so I highly doubt this is a wide spread issue. Having said that all electronics does not have a 100% reliability rate out of the box, so OP is just unlucky.

Either return the unit or get Nintendo's warranty. I have dealt with Nintendo for warranty in the past and they are pretty good.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Aug 17, 2010
285 posts
168 upvotes
number8888 wrote: Nintendo has always been top-notch when it comes to quality control, so I highly doubt this is a wide spread issue. Having said that all electronics does not have a 100% reliability rate out of the box, so OP is just unlucky.

Either return the unit or get Nintendo's warranty. I have dealt with Nintendo for warranty in the past and they are pretty good.
I repaired it and got more than i expected i was even put on the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador even though i bought my 3ds on august 22nd.. I guess sending it in to repair has its advantages sometimes.

*EDIT* received my 3ds its a brand new one.... Hehe. really fast worth the wait i would say. free 20 games.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)